Blackwater Islands Testing our communication
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
hoping for uncle @Ego :D whenever you have time <3

The storm from the night before had gifted them many things. Creatures lined the beach, waiting to be collected and stashed. Blackwater would be fed for weeks with this blessing. The unnamed god was pleased and had sent the storm to show their pride in their followers. The storm had been awful; it raged all night, with gusts of wind that threatened to push over even the large form of the speaker at times. The rain had seemed never-ending, and it felt like tiny knives against his face. The wind sent large waved crashing against the shore, damaging anything that was unlucky enough to be caught there. 

It had seemed like misfortune but had actually been a gift; the demon could see that now.

So he spent the morning picking up, moving, and dragging various sea creatures to their caches. 

Currently, he tediously dragged a large shark from the sandy shore. It was heavy and he knew it would take some time to get to the first cache that was empty enough to store the large creature.
i've missed writing with you so much <3

Ego's tenure in Blackwater had started off quite bearable -- perhaps due to a lack of attention -- but once Marina's heat had gone, so had his good will towards the island. Being separated from his mate only made him more surly, but he was an independent wolf at heart, and he strove to be alone when he could not be with her.

He often escaped to the mainland, too, but his usual trip beyond the twisted fog forest of Druid's Grove had been interrupted by a vicious storm the night before. Though typically absent during this hour, Ego found himself watching the massive form of a canine dragging a cumbersome shark through the sand. He saw the curled tail with the patched white coat and paused to recollect his thoughts.

The only creature he had ever seen with such a tail had stood next to his sister... The implication alone made him not want to speculate further.

Hail, Ego called, sauntering down to meet the young titan. He hardly noticed that the beach was littered with carcasses in his single-minded pursuit. Allow me to assist you. He did not say this to be helpful or altruistic, but rather it served him to offer regardless.

He hovered for a second, ready to immediately pick up the other end and help his packmate haul the body off into the woods if the other did not pause for conversation.
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
<3333 i've missed writing with you!

Tulok was so focused on his task that he didn't initially pick up the presence of another. The smell of dead flesh and seawater brought on the wind that battered his face was no help either. 

But as the man approached him, the demon froze and dropped the shark. He offered to help, and the speaker gave a nod. The storm pushed them on shore, it looks like. But now we will be well fed. The unnamed god was merciful and giving to those who deserved it. 

He would pick up the shark and allow the new acolyte to to take the other side. Together, they would pull the heavy beast into the cache he was currently working from. With some effort and team work, they would heave the carcass into the large hole in the ground. 

He turned to the other man and offered him a nod. I am Tulok, one of the speakers of Blackwater, he offered.
Together, the pair of formidable wolves hoisted the generous bounty from the fish-laden beach and dragged it into a hole for preservation. Ego looked down at their work with a blank expression, trying to decide the enduring worth of such a beast. Though he understood the practice of caching meals, he had never done it himself. The perpetual loner would guard a carcass long before he ever thought to bury it.

With his muzzle still angled towards the shark, Ego's swordsilver eyes looked up as the Speaker introduced himself, before turning them back down to the cavity in the ground. I am Ego, he said dispassionately. Mere Acolyte, for now. Betrothed to the other Speaker of Blackwater. At last, he turned his nose from the cache to openly study Tulok. Proud face; two-toned eyes; irksome familiarity.

Have you lived here long? That musculature certainly didn't scream "seawolf," but he tried not to assume.
119 Posts
Ooc — hela
His name was Ego, and he was to marry the other speaker. The demon wouldn't offer him any special treatment, though. He was an acolyte and he had to earn his place here like everyone else. He guessed the other man likely knew that but if not, he would soon find out. 

Tulok nodded to his question. Yes, for some time now. It had felt like a lifetime, though, and he wasn't quite sure if that was a good or bad thing. I was born in lands on the other side of the mountains to the east of us. I lived with my parents until I was old enough to leave and go out on my own. With a mission to avenge his parents. 

And you? How have you found yourself betrothed to a speaker of Blackwater?
For the barest of moments, Ego’s gaze flitted in the direction indicated by Tulok and then flashed back to the Speaker, his expression unreadable. Despite remaining carefully neutral in this part of the exchange, his level of comfort had plummeted. This was more evidence to the inquisitor’s suspicions, and he did not like where the clues were the leading him.

Monarch, lain with a dog? It was unthinkable.

He silently convinced himself that these things were only coincidental.

Our meeting was pure chance, but our union is a choice born of mutual attraction. Ego responded without missing a beat, speaking quite plainly about their agreement. If anything, he seemed proud of his decision -- or was it arrogance at having been chosen? We agreed to make things exclusive between us to build trust. I joined her here to prove my loyalty.

After a pause, he asked, unabashedly, do you have a mate? Though asked innocuously enough, the question was double-edged.