Sleepy Fox Hollow heimlichtuerei
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
it had rained all day.
mahler had gone down for some fishing. it was not truly his forte, as he was rather made for stalking larger game. but the detailwork of the activity soothed his mind.
it appeared as though heda hated him. he could not truly blame her and had not pressed for an opportunity to explain himself. what would it have mattered? 
but still he was haunted a bit, and presently the gargoyle roused himself and went for a run through the misty air.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Have a thread up with Wylla, but it isn't finished yet.

It was with careful steps, and even breathing Reyson departed from Mereo. He wasn't watching or paying attention, no today was a day for training. As always as he ran the tell tale burn began as he pushed himself, and he pushed further, long limbs tearing up the ground. Every breath in sync with his steps. 

He had missed running. Had missed training. He hadn't had the opportunity to do much as he had left his home, and begun to travel. At the back of his mind were all the different conversations he had, had of late.

He noticed another wolf further up, but he didn't know if they would pass, and he wasn't too worried about it. It would be what it was.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
he snorted. there was a stranger close. a growl billowed in his throat, and the run became a hardened step. the man was drawing up, and mahler put on his own impact of speed.
a stamp. a wheel. he rounded upon the other warrior and smelt mereo upon him. but why a soldier was in the hollow escaped him. "were you sent by your leader?" he asked in a rumble.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Again with the crossing. I need to pay better attention to the forming packs. Heh

Reyson stopped, and sniffed. He didn't smell many bodies here, but perhaps he had crossed again. Clearly his brain and his senses were not working. So with trepidation, he backed up away from the other. He didn't wish to make an enemy, when he was merely running.

No I was merely running. Didn't smell a pack, but clearly I was wrong. 

He was irritated. So many claiming packs in these areas, so many wolves, and no one had a firmer ground to stand. It didn't just irritate him, it pissed him off. He was not careless or violent or stupid. But here in these wilds despite all his years of training he was turned around. And broken, his heart and brain were broken.

Ears twisted and turned and he closed his eyes, deep even breathing. He had to think, what would Renaud say to him. Tell him to calm down, be rational, apologize. He sighed and opened his blue eyes again. His tail hung limp behind him. I am sorry if I walked amongst your lands unasked. I will leave now if you would like. I didn't know that it was claimed.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
haha no worries <3

the man was immediately apologetic. mahler dropped his stance somewhat, shaking his head. "no need. ve are allies after all." there was a pause, and then, "i am mahler. this is paleo. at present, it is just my vife and four of our children."
thade was not here, a fact which still bothered mahler. he stretched his limbs. "i vas not finished vith my run. vould you care to make it a true race?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson's ears went forward at the name he was given and a small smile curled half of his face, and then back down. Mrs. Aquene told me of you. You are a healer. I'm Reyson. Reyson curled his tail around one of his legs, giving it one thump of a wag, but then allowing it to lay motionless.

Reyson smiled fully then, his eyes lighting up. I would love a race. On Three?
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
reyson, and aquene had mentioned him. mahler was pleased by this. he gave a single sharp nod to the soldier's suggestion.
when the 'three' was uttered, the gargoyle found his stride swift and heavy. but he would pace himself now, as such a quick speed was harder to maintain at his age and his bulk.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson jumped at three and then slowed his body down. Even breathing, steady footing. Eyes on the horizon. He leaned his head forward, muscles burning, heart beating. It was a beautiful day. And the cold soldier felt a snort and then a chuckle, and it turned into a full bodied laugh. The like of which he hadn't uttered in years. He was still burdened, still broken, but for the moment he was merely free. And he was racing.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
they kept pace at first with one another. little by little, mahler lengthened his stride, approaching his limits.
it was indeed freeing to gallop through mist and over field with the near-stranger. he was reminded, strangely, of hunting with kigipigak in the snow of rivenwood's first home.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson saw the movement and unconsciously mirrored it. He wasn't as young as he once was, but he wasn't yet old. He increased his speed, and his stride, but only slightly. He wanted to win the race, but he didn't want to obliterate this Mahler, it seemed unseeming and unsporting. Sure what should win, but when two did you need to win so largely that it made no sense to even run, no that was the enjoyment. Pushing oneself, holding oneself back. Control.

Reyson wasn't sure where they were running to, but he noticed a tree a little further up. (Not sure if there's a tree there, but creative liberties) he would stop there. Signal that the race was over, unless Mahler wished to go further and then he would.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
control.
they both held it, and so they both reached the bark of the tree at similar moments. the patriarch sucked in great draughts of breath, and when he had caught himself, he chuckled. "vell met."
it had been refreshing and enjoyable. "it is good to remind myself i am not yet so ancient."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson dipped his head. Well met. 

Reyson settled to his hindquarters, body slowly adjusting to the lack of movement, breathing evening out. He stretched and then slowly lowered himself further, sphinxlike, just for a moment enjoying the stillness.

It's true. It's a good reminder. There was a time, I thought I'd never make it to the age I am. And now, well it's good to remember that I am living.

Sometimes Reyson felt half dead, his emotions gone, only embers. He had always been quiet, duty bound, didn't fuss, did his duty, was no nonsense, but he had be changed by a sunshine wolf, who lived two lives. And thus Reyson had lived two lives, but now here he was living one alone.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler looked at reyson but did not comment. the other spoke truly, however. the camaraderie deepened. he thought very idly of phaedra and only for a moment. if she wanted anything more than what she sought, well then she would go after it herself.
"are you a family man?" the gargoyle asked after a beat. he rolled his shoulders. "i have led a long time and several packs. i never felt so peaceful as i am now, just vith my vife and children."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson sucked on his broken tooth for a moment, tongue sliding along it as he thought of an answer to the question he was asked. Was he a family man? His first instinct was to say no. His second, was to say yes. But he wasn't certain anymore. He had been a family man, once his family, his mother and his father, family. Then it had been stolen. His peace broken, his soul tattered.

Then he had existed for himself, for the pack, hunt, die, fight, breathe. Those were the rules. Love did not belong, some found it there on the battlefield, but usually they lost it there too, bloody, busted, shattered. Reyson had wanted no part. Then.

He made a soft mmm sound the tell tale noise he made when he was thinking.

Then. Renaud, had come and he had been his familly, but like the others, lost it there, on the field of mud and blood, bodies piled around, pain, no not pain, pain meant you were still alive. Sadness, was what broke his insides, and grief.

He went with the safe answer. I have never been a father if that is what you ask. I know naught even where to begin. Besides, pups are so, fragile, easily broken, loud. I do not know if I could be a father. Though it is a nice thought when you are in the ditches and the trenches, waiting to die.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
reyson was rather dark but he shared a cutting-edge level of pragmatism appreciated by the gargoyle. mahler nodded. "fatherhood is not for everyvone. any man might be able to sire children, but to dedicate one's life is something else entire."
at length he stirred and tossed out his proud ruff. "paleo has offered mereo a share of the poppies that grow here, when they are ripened. i vould like to see you again on that expedition, if possible."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had many things in his life both blessings and curses. It had changed him, shaped him, and perhaps there was a blight to his soul. Deeper, darker than any other. Perhaps he was not solely good, or kind. But he was real, he was him. He knew himself. He knew his limits.

Reyson gave a lift of one side of his muzzle and nodded. I agree, though I think there are some who are better than all of us. Who dedicate their lives to saving others.

Reyson listened and studied the field. So poppies, he frowned. He didn't like them. Good for pain, but they give you brain fog. Don't like them. I will be here.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler shook his head a bit but it was not something he needed to accompany with words. "i vill see you again then. come. i vill take you to the borders." he was friendly, though wylla would not be to know that once more their hollow had been invaded.
it would not turn her opinion of mereo in a more positive direction, and that would be their loss. she was formidable and she burned for righteousness.
he was glad that she led them.
"poppies are good for deep pain or a pain regimen, but you must alvays strive to vean your patients off them," he explained, walking at a leisurely place beside reyson.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson followed behind him. A leisurely pace. He hadn't meant to be here, but he re he was. Though perhaps it was a good thing he had. He met a new wolf that showed kindness, not fury.

Reyson listened quietly. Re. I knew someone that said that often. His thoughts turned to the sunshine wolf again, and it was with kindness in his mind, and  dip to his head, that he crossed the borders and slid away. He would not venture here again until the dark wolf called for his aid. 

Then he would come with whatever was needed of him.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler watched him go. it was good to have brethren, even as ill-met as they had almost been.
as usual, it was wylla he found next, to give her his report and watch her gaze fill with all the emotions she carried in her small fierce frame.