Dragoncrest Cliffs Broken body, fevered mind
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Private 
Gunnar is pretty wounded. @Sobo I haven't decided his outcome yet.

Gunnar limped along, cobwebs pasted along his leg and chest, but he could feel the sucking, pulling of infection. He shouldn't have tried to find the female, make sure she was okay. He should have sought immediate medical attention. Now, though he wasn't even sure if he had found her, or if it was some sort of fever dream.

He was hot all over, his leg was painful to touch, and smelled foul.  He had slid through the ocean, but that had seemed to help only a little. He had been unable to find Jopi weed, which he had hoped for to stuff inside. What he had found was Bergamot, that had helped a bit. But the infection had settled in, and Gunnar briefly wondered if he was on his way to Valhalla.

He managed to make it to the edge of the territory, slowly, painfully he got only a little further and he couldn't anymore. With clear effort he lay down, and closed his eyes. The sea at his back, he supposed this was as good a place as any to be found, and if not found, well then it was as good a place as any to die.

Wounds: A tooth is missing on his right side. There are deep gashes in his muzzle on the left side. He has a chest wound right side. It's not deep enough to kill, but scar. His right leg is incredibly torn up from claws and infected.
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
The smell of rotting flesh on the breeze drew Sobo down from the cliffs. This was not the tantalizing smell of carrion, but of wolf flesh, and it had his brows and stomach alike twisted into knots. Once he had expressed to Chacal that he didn't think wolves washing up on Sapphique's shore excused them from trespassing. Now he was considering how he would have to handle this belief.

Between his lips, he carried several sprigs of dried carrionflower from the adjoining Tangle. It wasn't enough for proper treatment, but might serve to hold infection and bleeding at bay long enough to move them. He paused in the sand to sniff again, then picked up his pace. The wolf was close.

Sobo was stunned to find not some stranger lying on the beach, but the sandy-brown form of Gunnar. He hurried to the older man's side and slid to a halt in the sand. Can you hear me? he asked brusquely, letting the herbs drift to the ground for now. First he had to ascertain if Gunnar was still alive.

1 / 3 THREADS · PLAYER INFORMATION
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunanr had been unsure how long he had lay there. His mind going in and out of darkness. He stirred weakly, each time. There were gnats gathered around his wounds, but he could do nothing to chase them away, except move every so often, but each movement cost him dearly. It was in one of his more lucid moments, that he heard a voice and he stirred weakly. Eyes foggy. He lifted his head an inch. Tongue dry, he felt too warm under his pelt.

Eyes fell on sandy fur. He couldn't quite focus, but he noticed the markings and the mask and knew it was the healer from Sapphique. He spoke, weakly.

Sobo. Boy tried take, wasn't his.

His words were loose and hard to string together. But he was at least conscious though feverishly so. He threw a small prayer to Odin, asking for healing, and if not healing a swifter death than this. His fur was hot, and damp. Every stirring of his leg felt like a thousand tiny knives. The wound in his chest, though it wasn't as deep as the one in his leg, still smarted. The wounds felt sucking and wet and disgusting.

He stirred again, trying to at least sit up for the young, but he couldn't. Pain, so much pain blossomed through his leg he quit moving and whined . Head hit the dirt again, unclear eyes roved around.
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Whatever Gunnar said was nonsense to Sobo's ears, but he nodded anyway, pretending like he understood. It sounded like someone had tried to take something from Gunnar that didn't belong to them. A fight likely ensued. He couldn't say he approved — without knowing the context, and with a subtle disdain for men beyond his family, Sobo had to assume Gunnar got into a fight over something stupid and now he was going to be a burden on Sapphique for it.

That wouldn't stop him from attempting treatment. Hovering his nose over the man's pelt, he could almost feel heat rippling away from him. Sobo tsked and gathered up the carrionflower sprigs in his mouth to begin chewing them into a paste. No way he would be able to cover all the wounds with this, but maybe the worst of them.

You need to get to de sea, he said through the wad of half-chewed foliage, hoping the saltwater might help chase infection away from where the carrionflower could not be spread. If nothing else, it would help to clean the sand-encrusted wounds. Can you stand long enough to get to de shallows?

865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar wouldn't have endangered his new pack so, but the boy couldn't know that about him. He had a hard time, focusing, but he realized that Sobo wanted something. Through the constant ringing in his ears, he fought to listen.

Gunnar heard him finally, and with great effort and sheer force of will. Though it balked, he blamed that on his mother's hot bloodedness, he didn't want to listen, but he would. He slowly shambled, limped, half dragged himself towards the shallows. The first shock of cold water woke him up to an extent and he looked at the boy with clear eyes.

He was gonna rape that girl. He grew quiet, agitated. Spoke louder than he meant. I couldn't let that happen. No. That can break her. It broke granma Fawn. She jumped at Shadows. Couldn't let that happen. I'm old, not dead. She got away, that's all that matters. That's all that matters.

He garbled and grumbled.

Then his fevered mind began to howl with torment, pain ripping through his leg. He whined softly. Unsure, but he stood. His body ragged and broken. Standing upright out of sheer will.

Can't stand long. He whispered.
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Wrapping this one also due to holding it up so long, it's super outdated for Gunnar now. I'm sorry!

Once more, Gunnar shared more with Sobo than was strictly necessary, given the circumstances. This time, it was about his grandmother, who apparently had been the victim of assault. The words filtered into Sobo's ears and immediately out again; he was focused on the wounds, the way the blood ran down Gunnar's leg, and the way it swirled in the rushing waves.

Mmmm, was his only response, not out of callousness, but because he simply could not devote much thought to Gunnar's rambling. He could explain what had happened later. Just long enough to get to de caves, he encouraged the man, leaning over to offer his shoulder as a support.

He sent up a call for his mother to meet them there; she was already waiting when they arrived, and Sobo delivered Gunnar into her much more capable paws, still reeling a little from the scent of blood in his nose. He stayed to watch what she did, but the shock of it all left him a little glassy-eyed and vacant at times, and when it was done and Gunnar was stabilized, he left the caves with more questions than answers.