Iktome Plains wuskripa
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
are you a native, heda? have you seen the island north of here?

he had constantly stumbled back and forth on whether he was meant to return. it was clear now he should and then he would know whether he should stay or not.

anyward, regardless of her answer —

i briefly made it a home for myself. i would like to see it again, see if it is worth anything now that the weather is warm.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,194 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
again she shook her head. "i haven't been to the ocean. only close." she considered atautsikut. how disappointed would the leaders be to lose her? worse yet, what if she disappeared like ensio.
"you don't even know me," she challenged lightly. "what if i wanted to break your neck or something? you'd just be alone with me. on some island."
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
her heart was soured more than he had thought. her soul, while seemingly good, needed nursing too. she jumped to thoughts of violence when shown trust.

he wondered who had wounded her.

you could have done it now. you could have done it during the hunt. at any time, anyone may do as they wish towards me. he declared back, a smile still lingering on his narrow face.

my faith will falter if i live in fear.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,194 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"there's nothing wrong with fear," heda mumbled, but the fight had gone out of her. she rose. she batted the chewed remains aside and faced in the direction bartholomew had indicated. "i'll go with you. if i drown it's your fault."
she meant it as a joke but it came out far too cold. heda gathered the second bird and swept her gilded eyes toward the man. she had led their hunt. he would lead their travel.
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
he wondered if he struck a note.

no such thing will happen if you follow my path. he assured her softly. the stretch of land between shore and island could be traversed without warring waters. he only hoped she might find such patience when the time came.

do you need to do anything before we go?

he wondered if she wished to stalk more pheasants, perhaps poke around the plains more. she smelled of no notable things he could detect.

bartholomew imagined them both very wayward.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,194 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
he was talking again. 
heda set down the bird. there it was. her shoulders tightened in defensiveness and then she chose to let it go.
"i didn't tell my pack i was — you know. leaving. but i'm pretty far now."
"so maybe you could take me back whenever we leave this island." he was going to visit, correct? so eventually he would come back to the mainland. "unless ... i could go now. but i don't want to hold you up."
486 Posts
Ooc —
Missionary
he wondered, a moment.

perhaps this answer was not the right one. perhaps it was wrong and selfish but young hunter heda seemed to have already made her mind before he had dared to ask.

we can return and visit them. perhaps the island will hold gifts for when you see them again.

he scooped up the remains of his own bird by the neck and if such an answer gave her readiness once more, he would lead them up the coast.

if you'd like i can start another thread further up the coast (or even at the island if preferred!)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,194 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
ooh maybe at the island? <3

perhaps.
heda swung her bird by its neck and caught it across her shoulders. "you like to talk," was all she said.
elation was growing, to leave behind this actual ground. she turned toward the sea and started off, seeing if bartholomew would take his lead again.