Hideaway Strath But I feel like I die 'til I feel your touch
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Time to get to know all the new folks!

Whispers and new scents traveled the Strath. There was fresh, rookie blood among them. Like most paranoid wolves, the hound would not get by without meeting one on one with these new faces. An introduction was all it was meant to be. Just like @Adlartok, the General saved his judgement for a passing time; as he would do with the rest.

Trailing the quintessence of herbage and flora, Arashi was prompt in locating the fresh cache their new medic had made. Seeing it be made so soon, his thoughts were swayed to that of a first decent impression. He knew little of healing, but it was obvious that there was never time to waste when it came down to life or death. Considering that they often attracted negative attention and hostility, all of them were at risk for grave injury. Being prepared was of the utmost importance. This individual was clearly aware.

Medic, He hummed with a candid tone, acknowledging @Maiken with an expectant, morose leer. 

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken had not sought out any members of her new pack. She was far too busy, getting her den together. and gathering herbs that she needed. She was also attempting to find other healers to share their knowledge of some of the local fauna and flora, she didn't know it all and she would like to have some help in some aspects.

She had also more evened out her den. Found a spot for a den for patients, but hadn't dug yet, she wanted to get approval before she jumped into that aspect. Though, she shouldn't wait long. It was always good to have all your ducks in a row so to speak.

Maiken heard her name being called and with small feet stepped from the inside of the den, to meet the leer of the man who called her name. She averted her eyes, and kept her tail tucked, but she needn't get low. She barely made it to this one's chin.

Hello. Her accent thick, she searched her brain for his name. The way he held himself, the noble bearing he must be the husband of Fury. You must be Arashi?
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Evasive by sight and yielding by form and posture. Not a single ounce of assertion. Yet again, another lacking the capabilities as a soldier. But what more should he have expected? Fury had left it a safe haven for all. The hound began to wonder if it was becoming more of a sanctuary, rather a militant base. 

"You must be Arashi."

The voice snapped the General to. Time to refocus.

What an uneven introduction this was turning into. She seemed to already know of him, his place, and his name. He knew all but the latter. Where was her name in the mix?

You are correct, The vocals thrummed harshly, grating together in an uneasy manner. Seeing as you already know who I am, tell me of yourself. Your name. Where you've come from. Why you've joined.... He proceeded to list the details out, but it dissolved, fading out before he could finish. It was likely she knew all of what to include. Surely this wasn't the first time she'd been questioned by a self-guarded, over-protective gargantuan.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken was a healer, had always been a healer. That however did not mean that she wasn't a fighter. She had been raised in a family of fighters, so despite her obvious disinterest, she had still learned how to fight. Even given her size. Her mother had taught her, how to use her small body well. Arguing that Someone may  hurt you because they think they can, or because you are smaller. You will fight back. You also must know how to defend when a wounded warrior is out of their mind with fever.

Maiken had not realized he didn't know her name. He had called her medic, so she had wrongfully assumed, he knew her name. And he had simply referred to her as medic. Wouldn't his queen have told him who she was? Perhaps they hadn't seen each other yet.

I apologize i thought you would know my name. My name is Maiken Svartraven. I am from Ibenholtravn. Her accent thrummed out, thick and deep.

My pack was a fighting one. We were raised on blood and war, but despite that i know how to protect myself and others, that is not where my heart lies. Your Queen has offered me that freedom. To ply my trade. That is why I am here.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Ready to fade off here?

So, they were no simple healer after all. Maiken spoke of a deep, sensitive history. She had been given no choice to deter from her assumed fate; but instead, she forced the change for herself — something he had not been able to do. He envied her for this, but the feeling wouldn't last long. This is who he was, who he had become. There was no going back.

You are true and pure to follow your heart, rather what path others choose for you. Not all are presented with such a luxury. The hound's tone was laced slightly with bitterness, but he'd meant no harm by it. 

Although he did partially agree with the fact that it was good for all to know how to fight in some way, Arashi did not intend to press, assuming they were words she had heard from others. Here, you have much time and space to learn as you please. Hopefully you will make use of what freedom you have been given. He did not doubt she would, but there was always room for any to take advantage of what others give for little cost. 

Well, Maiken... it was good to have met you. I should be on my way now. If you should need me, I won't ever be far. Arashi's heart would always lie with Fury and her needs would be his priority; however, there were others that made up the Saints now too. No longer were they so few. The General had others to worry about too, now.

Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken's road had been fraught with violence and pain. She had not taken this road easily and her family had not let her go benignly. No she bore the scars from teeth and claws, their clear displeasure at her choices.

Maiken could hear the bitterness in his voice. And hear heart went out to him. Clearly he had been unable to do as she had, and that was a pain for him. She dipped her muzzle to him respectfully.

Thank you. She answered quietly.