Greatwater Lake Swimming shouldn't be that hard, right?
37 Posts
Ooc — Echo
The great expanse of water overtook her vision. She knew she was on the right path, she could see the mountains in the distance, but another something stood in her way. She knew this was something else she should conquer. Something, maybe even easier and better than the heights. Swimming.

Echo hadn't been allowed near water, too dangerous her parent's had always told her. She could surely take a drink, maybe a wade in here or there, but a swim was completely out of the question. By now her instincts might not even take over.

She knew the basics, kick. That's it, right? She leisurely placed one paw into the water. It was cool, it felt nice against the heat of the day. It encouraged her to add another paw, and soon she was up to her shoulders lapping up the water.

You aren't here for a drink you know. "Yeah yeah yeah, that doesn't mean I just gotta duck my whole face under either." The female darted her head around quickly hoping she hadn't just been seen talking to herself.
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
The hellhound never likes moving about in broad daylight. His brindled pelt of ash and soot make him a better night crawler than anything. The pattern on his fur allows for camouflage and the colors ease him into the background of the shadows. But not only that, his double coat makes daytime almost unbearable. He still has some fat on him along with the thick muscle he totes around and he finds himself panting excessively when the heat soaks through.

Yet, the physical body requires needs and water is one of them. Which is way he is even moving right now in the first place and not held up in a secluded cave or beneath the shade of a large oak tree until nightfall. 

No, he moves towards the familiar lake he remembers almost dying at when he was only a pup. The same lake that rushed him down the river just north of it and pushed him borderline lifeless body back onto the shore. Where pale woman Kukutux had found him. He’s grateful, but her banishment makes a sour feeling reside until his chest. 

Stop thinking, my little hellhound. You know it’s not good for you. Banesteppe whispers from beside him as Alduin walks at a leisurely pace up to the lake.

“Mm.” Is all he gets out as a reply from the brindled beast. 

His ghostly companion rolls his eyes, a sarcastic sneer coming to his handsome alien face. The attitude, Alduin. Lose it.

“Maybe when you lose yours.” He comments back drably in a deep, smokey voice. 

Banesteppe goes on to complain more, but Alduin doesn’t find himself listening one bit. Rather he spots something — or rather someone — near the lakes edge. He eyes down their form the entirety of the way, all the way until his own paws reach water.

The only moment he looks away, is when he dips his own body into the water. Moving in all the way up to the middle of his ribs, he dips his head a pinch and also begins lapping at the water with a black-purple tongue. Occasionally his eyes wander back towards the strangers form. Always on high alert and ready to a fight, he knows not to take his eyes off or turn his back to a stranger.
37 Posts
Ooc — Echo
A gigantic creature approached the water. Echo froze as it's massive muscular body approached slowly, not an it, but a male. But unlike any she'd ever seen. Echo wanted to run, but she was frozen. When the deep red eyes met hers her body began to tremble. He is only drinking, breathe. She forced herself to take deep breathes as she watched him satiate his thirst. She quickly pulled herself out of the water and turned back around to observe the stranger.

An image of sunflowers came to her then helping to calm the remainder of her panic, and with that she found her voice. Her stance remained unthreatening, she kept her posture small, and kept her eyes slightly downcast, but nevertheless alert and on the stranger. "My apologies for staring, my name is Echo I've never seen anyone quite like you, may I ask what you are?"
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
As a purple tongue laps against the water, bloody orbs flick over and end up meeting eyes with the pretty stranger. He can see the tension in her form though, the slight nervousness in her stance and eyes. It’s a reaction he craves, for he is no gentle giant. He wants to be feared — as he should be — he is the reaper after all. Constantly plagued by bloodlust, killing is second nature for him. 

Though scared, she is brave, for she turns and seems like she is about to attempt an interaction with the deathly beast before her. She’s smart about it, keeping her posture small and eyes downcast enough to show respect as well as submission. Something Alduin commonly looks for.

And then she speaks.

My apologies for staring, She begins. my name is Echo I've never seen anyone quite like you, may I ask what you are?

He gets these looks and questions often. He is nothing like anyone has ever seen. It only boosts his ego, where most would feel alienated, he thrives on it. Perhaps the only bad thing is that he’s easily recognizable. But that’s easily avoidable. He hardly interacts with others and moves only in the shadows of the night for that exact reason. 

So finally, Alduin lifts his head even with muscular shoulders and rasps a dark tongue over scarred, whiskered lips as water drips from his chin and maw. Gaze still on her own, he stays put, only turning his head in her direction like an owl in the night.

“I get that a lot, Echo.” He rasps out in that impossibly deep, smokey voice of his. “Im part dog.” He eventually answers. “Call me Malacath.”
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
37 Posts
Ooc — Echo
He took his time answering her, she couldn't really read his expression from her safe distance from him, and she had no desire to go closer. He finally answered her. Im part dog. Malacath he called himself. She thought there was more to it than that but chose not to ask any further questions, what creature had red eyes and a purple tongue? She'd seen dogs, none matched that particular description whatsoever.

She chose to take a drink, blending would be best if he posed danger, running would be an absolutely terrible idea. Although if he did pose danger she'd already be in danger. So theoretically speaking, there was nothing to worry about, right? "Thank you for indulging my questions, Malacath." She gave a coy smile, maintaining her downcast eyes. She would have to ignore her inner monologue eventually.
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Sorry for the slow reply :’)

Her reply is simple, a thanks for indulging her curious questions. He’s don’t it a few times before and had others ask his origin of blood many times more. She may consider herself lucky the hellhound is in a decent mood today — despite being out in the sun, which he doesn’t prefer.

Though, not only does she thank him, she offers up a smile — one that’s shy and friendly. He doesn’t understand those who can appease another person so, but it is in her benefit. With downcast eyes and a small, unthreatening frame Alduin is please by her display of submissiveness. 

And yet, he still wants to toy with her.

So he takes languid, unrushed steps forward, powerful body still wading in the water. He wonders how brave she’ll be if he gets closer. So closer he goes and, if allowed, he would come to stand just a few feet in front of her. Massive head level with a strong back, curled tail bobbing on his hip, and intrigue in those bloody depths for eyes. 

“You’re welcome.” He hums in a way that could be considered teasing. “But tell me,” He begins, rasping voice rumbling from his chest. “why do you seem so frightened?” 

It’s not a genuine question. It’s truly just mess with her because there’s no way she isn’t frightened by him. Her stance would be taller, more confident, and their eyes would clash if she weren’t — a mix of chocolate and cherry. But he has an idea as to why she could be afraid — he looks terrifying to say the least and his personality has much to be desired.

But still, he’d like to know. If only to satisfy his own cynical curiosity.
37 Posts
Ooc — Echo
Mature 
not a problem, I'm pretty sporadic myself. :) tw, language!
The beast of a man came slowly towards her, she watched him, her eyes on his form. She was frozen, there wasn't much she could do as he came to face her. But she would face him. The truest answer slipped out of her mouth before she could stop it. " I'm terrified of you because my parents coddled me like I was fucking crippled and now I'm terrified of fucking everything like a god damned mental case! She spat on the ground angrily.

Embarrassment rushed into her, too late now. She sighed and stepped away from him circling to face him again now that she was further from him. He had to ask the question, there was his answer. Lets see what he thought of her now.
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
When he tiptoes closer and rolls out his question — one that’s seemingly teasing and harmless — he gets a very true answer. Looking straight at the ground, her voice rings out between them and the ultimate culprit? Her upbringing. A coddled and soft kind of upbringing. One that doesn’t prepare her for the horrors of the real world.

That can be helped. Unless she doesn’t want it.

So, after her outburst, surely she’d be surprised to find his expression completely the same as it was before. Rather he looks at her with muted interest, stalking closer once more.

“There’s nothing wrong with that.” He purrs out as if he doesn’t have a care in the world. He says it as if he means it. “But would you say others have seen you differently because of it?” He wonders out loud and allows a pregnant pause to sound between them. In the next moment a one sided smirk makes its way to his maw, lazy and malicious, but more in a casual way. 

“Would you say you feel forsaken, little one?” He asks then, still attempting on closing the space between them.
37 Posts
Ooc — Echo
"Ever heard of personal space?" Her lip curled up at the man in warning. Her anger not completely fizzled out she needed space from him, he was making it hard for her to think. She shook her head and backed away from him. Shit shit shit. Her mind began to panic. She knew she was close to Mereo and @Reyson. Maybe she could call for help if she needed to, but she doubted a pack would get involved with this kind of dispute, and wondered if her friend would even be able to help.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I have someone in Mereo expecting me, so if you'll excuse me." She had no idea where it came from, but she was grateful for it. Hopefully, Mereo would forgive her for tossing their name out in such a way. The man didn't need to know that it was a lie afterall, besides it was easier than making Reyson run all the way out here.