The Tangle Ode to Beagle
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
All Welcome 
The beagle of sorts was all over the place today. His paws were hardened enough that he didn't have to watch his step too much, but he did still get small sharp pricks every once in awhile. His nose was fully engaged, the reason he was drawn into this forest to begin with. His ears drooped precariously close to the ground as he unwittingly drew closer and closer to who knew what. 

His loud unhurried footsteps, and nose snuffling were a dead giveaway to any prey in the area that a predator could be nearby. Not that the 40 pound dog could really take down anything too large, but he could certainly take down some of the smaller game. 

He saw a squirrel cross his path then, he gave chase, it was quick to jump onto a tall conifer, climbing it, taunting him. He bayed loudly, not caring who heard him. "HEY! YOU SUCK! YOU'RE RUDE!" He continued to shout at the squirrel who only sit in the tree staring down at him. He was in a frenzy, running circles around the tree, jumping up at it. "HEY HEY" He bayed louder. "COME DOWN HERE AND TALK TO ME!"
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
had the animal been quieter, perhaps it would have been spotted only belatedly. as it was, the clamouring upon the edge of sapphique drew the new-made grand-mère up into a protective stance.
the seawife did not bay. she did not shout. she was careful and silent, picking her way through the tangle in the direction of the loud voice.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
By this time the dog had exhausted himself, and the squirrel continued taunting him. It stared at him. It jumped to the next tree. Spurred on by his preys moved Buddy's bays resumed, his voice growing hoarse. "I HOPE SOMEONE TEACHES YOU A LESSON ABOUT BEING SO RUDE, ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS HAVE A NICE SNACK!" While he knew of other dangers the beagle just could not leave his query in peace. He jumped at the tree his claws dragging down wearing in slight grooves. He continued his baying and shouting of obscenities at the purely innocent creature. "IF I GET MY PAWS ON YOU YOU'RE DONE FOR." Seemingly done with the insults the squirrel climbed higher into the tree until it could no longer be seen. The dog sniffed around the tree, continuing to bay. "COME BACK I WAS TALKING TO YOU, WHAT NOW YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR EVEN THAT?"
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie cut through the gloomwood and showed her teeth to the wailing dog. she seemed a witch peeling from the underbrush; yes, she sought to channel even a little of caiaphas' croneish energy as she confronted the animal.
"i be givin' you a very generous ten seconds to shut de fuck up an' get away from my pack." her voice was a harsh curl of smoke. the wolf snarled, snapping on empty air to emphasize her threat.
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
A startled yelp of surprise turned the dog around to see a wolf, the size much larger than his own. He wasn't sure which way to go and he knew if he went the wrong way he would be lucky to make it out alive. He knew he could be in big trouble, he didn't like to be in trouble, but he found himself frozen.

With his tail between his legs and his eyes large and round Buddy spoke shakily, "I'm s-s-sorry, I-I didn't mean to upset you I'm lost in here, I'll go just please tell me which way." The second he got an answer he would keep his tail tucked and run as fast as he could. At least this solved his problem of being lost in these woods.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
her ire was swiftly fading with his utter terror and contrition. perhaps even curiosity had replaced it. he was loud and unknown, but no threat. still she would watch him. "go dat way, sout'wes'. to de mountains."
the sunspire loomed in the far distance.
"do not go eas'. dey will rip you apart," she said of avicus and her fighters.
the obsidian peered at him, and if he was still in earshot, would ask: "what you be, after all? not a fox. not a coyote. not a wolf."
22 Posts
Ooc — The Tribe
Last from me, thank you!

Her demeanor had changed suddenly, she was being kinder to him, she asked what he was. It was quite simple he thought. "My name is Buddy. I am a dog, some call me Beagle Boy." He said with a proud and eager wag of his tail, before scampering off the direction she indicated. Before she changed her mind and decided to kill him after all. He ignored the pricks to his paws as he ran from the forest this time, ignoring all scents and sounds, lest he be pulled back in.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
<3!

when she returned to tell rosalyn of this, it would be with amusement, erzulie decided.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]