Ouroboros Spine Nutarau
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
Hey hey hey! I would be so touched to have a handsome @Rodyn if you would be okay with a thread? If not then anyone is welcome. <3

It was warm and the skies were clear. Sunlight was cast over the spine, shimmering on the water that was just ahead of where the young girl trotted. Her eyes played along the edges of the lake. She traced the line of the water and that of the shore until she could not see it. Samani thought of her mother’s words while she walked.

Once she had reached the edge of the water, Samani paused to bend and drink. The coolness of the lake was welcome on her throat. Traveling in the summer sun was difficult. The moon child nearly preferred that she move around at night, when the stars would light her path and the cool evening air would dance through her coat.

Peering across the short stretch of earth, the peachy figure thought she had caught sight of someone she’d never met. She lifted her head and called out softly.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
I would love one. <3

Rodyn had been seeking and hunting since he had spoken to moonwoman. He did not know if he would marry nor who he would marry. He had started digging out a winter den when he decided to take a quick break. Dirt was along the side of his nose and his paws were full of dirt clods.

Sunlight peppered his russet fur. And the skies were clear and blue. He headed towards the river, a cool drink was a welcome thought.

Rodyn was momentarily lost in thought, but he was brought back to earth with a gentle sound. He moved further from the trees and offered a smile. Hi. I'm Rodyn Ardeth

She reminded him of the orchard trees that cowered near his grove at home. The soft fuzzy fruits, that had a thick syrupy taste to them, that bee's loved. He wondered if she were another one of Kukutux's children.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A man approached on sturdy legs. His coat was handsomely colored. His figure appeared strong and warm. Samani knew at once that she had never met him. She did not feel fear. There was intrigue in her gaze as he drew himself toward the water. 

Rodyn Ardeth, he offered as his name. Once he had stepped closer, she could clearly scent Moonglow upon him. All former nervousness vanished. Samani offered him a simple smile and nod of her head. The conversation she had shared with her mother resurfaced. Samani wondered if this was the type of man that would make a good ugi

Hello, Rodyn… it is good to see your face for the first time. The words were common ones from Kukutux, usually offered to familiar company. I am Samani Nuiruk. Would you care for company?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn dipped his head in greeting but stayed a respectful distance. It didn't bode well to crowd someone. Especially at a first meeting.

At her words his eyes crinkled and danced. It was a nice greeting. So polite the wolves on moonglow, his mother would be pleased.

Well met Samani.

He leaned down to take a drink of the crystalline water. He then took a seat and met her gaze, kindly.

I always enjoy company. What would you like to do?
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The man was respectful. Samani’s cheeks burned at his voice, pleased to have found a newer member to their village who carried himself in such a way. She found it grounding. The moon child liked the way that his eyes glittered against the sunlit water. She liked the crinkles that formed around them, too. Rodyn Ardeth, she thought to herself again.

Stepping nearer to where he had seated himself, Samani found a place and eased into a sitting position, as well. The jade of her eyes lingered on his features for a time. He wished for her to say what she would like to do.

Well, I will be honest… I had not considered what I might do with my day. Getting to know someone new seems like time well spent. A small smile curved her features. Her tail neatly wrapped around to rest at her side. Samani canted her head curiously toward Rodyn.

Tell me of yourself. Where have you traveled? What brought you to Moonglow?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was polite, because frankly, were he not, his mother would have given him all sorts of trouble. She had always said manners are easy, the mannerless, fools.

Samani ghosted forward on dainty paws and settled near him. She handled herself with much grace. He wondered briefly if like old stories Kukutux's line were royal or goddesses. Her eyes matched some of the smooth rocks near the ocean.

Rodyn chuckled. I'm an autumn wolf as my family were called. We hailed from Embershadow grove (if this is a territory I'll change it.). It took me half a year to journey here.

He settled more fimly in his seat, tail tapping gently behind him as he looked inward.

In my home. Males were bid to leave when they hit a certain age. I came to moonglow, because your anaa.

He blinked at her self-consciously, Did i say that right?

His smile was crooked, almost boyish, sheepish. She was the first wolf i met and the kindest. And I am a hunter, have always been. It makes me happy.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Rodyn stated that he was an autumn wolf, from a place called Embershadow grove. It sounded nothing like the villages that were made around them. Samani pictured a faraway place dappled in the orange light and cool chill of fall. She could picture him there with ease. Something inside of her wished that she could see it for herself.

When he spoke of what had brought him to Moonglow, he mentioned her anaa. Samani smiled, turning her head from him to conceal the expression from her face.

Yes, you said that right, she confirmed softly after he had finished.

The moon child was enamored with him. He was a man from a faraway place, a respectful man, someone who her mother had met and brought into their home. Beyond this, he was a hunter. Samani believed that the spirits were with her on that day – that she had found the ideal image of what her mother had wanted for her.

I wish to be a hunter, as well. I have been studying the tracks of wolf and prey. I have learned the gait of many of the wolves in Moonglow, already. Her cheeks warmed, but Samani fixed her gaze upon him and smiled. Do you think you could show me how you hunt, Rodyn?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
His father and brothers and sisters villages were not like this. Somehow they now felt harsher, colder, rougher. But he wouldn't trade his upbringing either, at least not all of it. He briefly thought of the bites his father had inflicted, shallowly as he ran and chased him from Ember. A soft ghost pain bloomed but he ignored it.

When Samani turned away he wondered at it. And he tracked her with his gaze hoping he hadn't upset her. But she seemed fine seconds later.

Good, I wouldn't want to ruin your language.

This she wolf was sweet and soft-spoken, but he sensed an inner strength. Just as with Moon woman and Sialuk. They were strong, kind women here.

Rodyn smiled, his tail increased in taps. I'd love too. Right, now or later?
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
You would not ruin it, Rodyn, she assured him, her voice unwavering. It is only nice that you would try to learn it. She believed this wholeheartedly. Many of the wolves from outside of Moonglow had adopted their terms and their culture. Samani had not been old enough to see the journey that led them to this decision. She wondered if she would see Rodyn transform with knowledge, if learning their ways would shape him in some way.

The man agreed swiftly to show her his hunting abilities. The moon child was tickled by his answer.

Oh, now would be wonderful, if you have the time. I do not wish to disrupt your daily routine, but I would enjoy learning from you. Perhaps… I could show you what I have learned, as well. It seemed the most beneficial thing, offering her knowledge in exchange for his. Samani had a feeling that he would have offered it without anything in return, anyway.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He smiled at her, one ear forward and one back.

I'm glad to hear that. Your language is a nice one, it has taken me some time to understand some of it, but I am trying.

Rodyn was a coveter of knowledge. He often tried to learn new things. He was of the opinion that you never really quit learning, no matter how old. Someone could always teach you something.

It won't disrupt my daily routine at all. Though I must ask you. Do you eat rabbit or does it make you ill like Mojag? And would you like to learn to hunt or fish?

He would teach her to hunt rabbit, or squirrel or catch fish, whichever she preferred. He could do any of them, and rather liked them all too. She wouldn't disrupt his day. He had, had nothing planned as it were anyway. So to take the time to teach someone something that he loved, whose presence he enjoyed. Well, it would make the day that much more enjoyable.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I will help you learn more, if you wish. My mother would gladly teach, as well, and she is a wonderful teacher of many things. It would have been a blessing to have Kukutux share the word of their people. It was clear in the way that Samani spoke of the Moonwoman, that she admired and respected her with all her heart. The peachy girl believed that her mother was overflowing with light.

Rodyn and Samani shared something – an aspiration to expand knowledge. She did not know this yet, but it would have made a lovely thing for her to discover about him. Even as a child, she had been brimming with questions, hoping to learn from everyone around her. As she was beginning to enter her first year of life, her desire to expand her mind had not wavered.

Ah, it was my fault that we discovered Mojag’s… aversion to rabbit. I wished to bring him a treat. I did not know it would hurt him. It was a good thing anaa was there. Shame bubbled within her. She had wanted to see the boy again, to take him something new, but her memory of the day his throat had closed was a difficult one. I have no sickness with prey, however. I would like to- she gazed thoughtfully at him.

Learn to fish, yes. She rose to her paws, nodding at Rodyn with a warm smile.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He smiled. I'd love to have you or your mama teach me, your language. You tell me what baubles you like and I can bring some back on my travels for exchange for you teaching me your language?

It seemed these wolves liked trading. So, he would do his best to do so. And he liked guving gifts anyway. Samani seemed to love her mother as much Rodyn loved his.

Rodyn had chosen to settle further than his siblings for his absolute drive to learn.

Rodyn wanted to offer a nudge or a gentle tuch to help her feel better, but he wasn't sure how it would be received so he spoke instead.

Well, you didn't know and it was nice to bring him a gift. He likes to catch squirrels if you want something to do with him or give him.

Fishing it is.

He motioned her towards the river and slowly began to step into it. When he was standing almost to his knees, he shifted to give her room beside him.

With fish the water obscures them. So you must watch their shadows not them.

He tracked a small fish, dipped his muzzle a little before the shadow and pulled out the wriggling mass. Teeth crushing its gills, he gave it a sharp shake and it hung limp.

Small bones are good for carving. If you like that. They also make interesting music if hung in a tree.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Oh… I like the colorful stones that can be found by the ocean.

It was the only bauble that she could think of that drew her interest. She was unlike Sialuk in the sense that she did not collect bones for reading. There were few things that the moon girl found interesting enough to keep. The stones had been something that she remembered vividly from their day by the water. She knew that her father had promised to take her back. Samani eagerly waited for that time, hoping that she would feel the same way that she had when first seeing the ocean.

The peachy figure made a mental note about Mojag’s preference for fun. Squirrels were quick creatures, but she could see why the boy might enjoy them. If he would not be hurt by her gifts, she knew she wanted to try bringing him another.

It was surprising that Rodyn had found himself so knowledgeable on the pup. How long had he been with their village, and he had already discovered so much? Samani was quieted by his impressive nature. She followed him to the water and gazed intently at his figure, noting each movement that he made.

Swift as a stoat, he snatched a fish from the water and crunched it until it stilled. Samani smiled swiftly at the rapid results.

Wow. You are quite impressive, Rodyn Ardeth.

A pause, then, what is music?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The youth stepped to the edge of the water and lay the fish at Samani's feet. His own front paws on land while his rear in the water.

Rodyn shifted and spoke softly. I have never seen the ocean, but I hear it is quite impressive. If you'd like to take me some day I'd love to go. Otherwise I can probably find it on my own, but a little company is always a good thing. If I go without you, I will bring you the prettiest stones. He smiled, eyes lighting up.

Rodyn had found out about Mojag's preferences, much by accident, having come across him in the forest, whilst he had searched for his father. Afraid to let the pup to his own devices. He had helped him get home, and quickly realized where he lived.

Rodyn warmed under her praise and scuffed a footpaw. Naw i just learned early, that's all. Would you like to try?

Rodyn grinned. Well, Music is many things. It's teh wind song in the trees, the way the softly pattered feet of others sound. It's when a voice is lifted up in song. Callyope quite likes to sing I believe. She makes music everytime she does, but the fish bones. They make a strange noise when the wind blows, haunting and beautiful all at once.

He thought about it for a moment. Do you have a den somewhere you like to stay? I can put the fish bones in a tree so you can hear it, after i skin it.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Yes. 

Samani nearly clapped her mouth shut. She could not believe that she had agreed to journey to the sea with that man. She had not even gone with her father since she had been a young child. The thought of going with someone like Rodyn was lovely, to her. She wanted to go, to see the water again, to share her time with someone kind and interesting. 

Yes, I would like to take you to the ocean. Once I have gone with my father, we could plan something… together. This time the moon child offered him a bashful smile. 

It was peculiar to gaze at a man with the mindset that she was looking for her future. She had never done this before. It filled her with strange emotions. Samani wondered if she was merely overwhelmed, or if she had taken her mother’s words to heart. No matter what it was, she was pleased to have found someone like the hunter man across from her. 

When asked if she would like to try to fish, Samani blinked at the creature he had set down. 

Oh… yes, I should. Shouldn’t I? 

She was suddenly afraid of making a fool of herself. Rodyn spoke of his music next, but she was paralysed by the concept of trying to snare a fish in her fangs. When he spoke of her den, Samani lifted her eyes to him. 

When we are done, you can come to my home. We can speak some more. You can tell me more about music. Would he accept?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A lop sided smile lit up his face. It's a plan then. You let me know when you're ready. I hope you have a wonderful time with your dad. He wagged his tail happily, splashing a little bit of water around.

Rodyn looked down bashful at her warm gaze. Unsure. But excited all the same to get to know her.

I'd love too. My mother loved to sing and I just enjoy music. Different sounds. Its how i learned to hunt. I listened for hours as creatures ran around.

He motioned for her to come closer and he moved aside so she could step near enough that he could correct if need, but for most part they were a length apart. Respectful distance he felt.

Just watch shadows. If you've watched gaits and other other creature tracks. It should be easy for you to track the shadows. Get a feel for it before you strike and always strike a little before them.

He smiled again. And if you miss one its not a big deal. I missed ten times before i caught one.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The moon child listened to him speak about sounds and how they had shaped his ability to hunt. Samani was awed by his telling of it. She had spent the better part of her time studying gait and the markings left by foot. She had never considered that the sounds of the world would aid her in the hunt, that she could learn things from the noises that were made. Music sounded like an exceptional thing, like something otherworldly.

Samani leaned over the water to gaze at the shadows of passing fish. She felt herself growing antsy at the possibility that he would watch her. The peachy figure was stiff, sitting with polite posture, trying to take up as little space as she could manage. Samani imagined herself toppling into the water, frightening the fish away and dousing herself. Her heart thrummed in her chest.

Rodyn stated that if she were to follow the motion of their shadows, she would find it helped. He offered her a tip – to act ahead of where the fish would be. Samani listened to him intently and nodded her head once to show that she understood.

The shadows swam through the water fluidly. Samani pictured herself as one of them, swimming at the side of a lean fish that had strayed to the right. Adrenaline found her, kicking her forward and parting her jaws to reach into the wet and close on nothing. The moon child withdrew her head and blinked surprisedly.

How many times did you say you missed? she spoke with the lightest touch of humor on her voice.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had learned to use all his senses. Mouth with scenting, nose too. Sounds with movements. He learned the vibrations under the ground. Letting him know different things. There was something, sacred to him about hunting. It was in a way to him a worship of the world. He always thanked those he killed, and he never killed more than his pack needed. Or that he could share.

Music was many things to the red russet boy. Willow trees and their long tendrils skating across the water. The wind in a hollow on a cool day. Animals speaking and yowling to each other. The sound of rain on rock and dirt, the plop as it landed in the rivers. So many sounds and each one music to him.

A low chuckle stirred the air, full bodied and warm. He smiled at her, eyes twinkling. Ten.

Amusement and kindness laced his voice and he motioned at her form.

You seem a bit stiff. Would it help if i went over there? He motioned with his head a few steps away on the land.

I could skin the fish while you tried again? I always felt self-conscious when anyone would watch me at first.

He thought about briefly touching her shoulder in a show of comadrie, but was unsure how to do so, without seeming fresh.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
At the mention of her figure, Samani blushed a deep warm red in her cheeks. She had not realized how closely he had been watching. She felt silly for being so stiff in her approach. Rodyn had showed himself to be a talented fisher with his casual confidence and his easygoing nature. If she had been attempting to recreate that, she had failed horribly in the first try.

I-

She did not want him to think that he was unwelcome. For she found that she rather enjoyed the gleam of sunlight that had found his gaze and the way that his features shifted when he would smile. He was a handsome man and he spoke to her in a way that brought butterflies to her stomach.

Perhaps I will do better if I try not to impress you, she offered with a gentle sigh and a soft smile. Samani felt like it would help him understand. She did not want to disappoint Rodyn when he was taking the time to teach her.

The girl focused on the water again, watching the flow of the fish. When she had found their rhythm to be memorable, even predictable, she began to grow in her confidence. It made sense to anticipate their movements and to strike before they had arrived at that point.

A lean shadow passed beneath her snout. She aimed and plunged her muzzle into the waters, closing around the body of the fish with an excited burst that found her heart. When she pulled it free from the wet, she turned to face Rodyn. Her teeth smiled around her hold on the fish. Good fortune was with her that day.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn realized what he said, and before he could take it back. She was blushing. He chuffed under his breath, and bowed his head, his own face a little warm, more so in embarrassment, than anything at the present time.

Though he wouldn't lie and say he didn't find Samani absolutely breathtaking, because he did, but he was trying so hard not to focus on that. She deserved more than someone ogling her, well like a creep.

He didn't necessarily think he was a confident male. He actually was quite self conscious at the best and worst of times. He just had learned early how to quiet it and keep it at bay. Not outwardly show.

Rodyn smiled and chuckled. Miss. Samani. You continuously impress me. Even without the prize. Just remember that.

She couldn't disappoint him if she tried. He was a boy from the grove, and as far as he was concerned. She was far better than him. And to give him the time of day. Well it both soothed rankled. Because Moonglow and the inhabitants here deserved nothing less than the stars and the moon and all it entailed, and he would do his darnedest to get them for them if he could. And Samani was fast gathering his esteem with her quiet gentleness, and the knowledge that peeked at him from her seawater sunshine eyes.

Rodyn gave a loud whuff and nosed forward to briefly touch her shoulder. See just perfect. I saw you utilize the patterns there. I never would have thought to do that. I look for the shadows, but you put more than that together. It's amazing.

He smiled, crooked and endearing. Pleased as punch that she had managed to catch a fish.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The genuine praise in his voice surprised her, not that she thought he would say anything that was disingenuous. He had even recognized how she had followed the patterns that they swam and had used that as a prediction for where to aim her muzzle. Rodyn was sharp with his gaze and the young girl of the moon was pleased to see that. She was certain that it was part of what made him an excellent hunter.

Well, I think having a good instructor has played a part in this success, she offered him, smiling warmly and allowing that smile to shift into a ringing laugh. She had not imagined that she would catch one of the fish so swiftly. She attributed her earnings to what he had told her. Without the guiding voice of the man next to her, she would have floundered and flopped until she had walked away soaking down to her flesh.

Do you think… we could do this again? Sometime…

Samani’s eyelashes fluttered as she looked to his face. Yes, he was handsome. She felt the stirring of butterflies in her belly.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,248 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was an observant beast. For instance, when the light hit Samani's eyes a certain way they were a different color, and when she smiled they lit up. And she didn't just learn knew things, she breathed in the knowledge. She soaked it up like moss.

Rodyn chuckled. I can teach sure, but it only succeeds if the pupil is apt, quick and easily adaptable. So i'd say it's an even keel. Her laugh rose his fur along his legs and back. He could listen to it all day. It reminded him of springtime sounds, and bubbling brooks.

Rodyn wagged his tail and raised a paw to his nose in promise. Absolutely. I'd love that.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I would love it, as well.

Shyness had swept through her. Samani might have been unable to meet his gaze if it weren’t for the warmth that he exuded. It was a wonder that Rodyn had found their village in the mountain. It was a beautiful thing to know that her spirit found comfort with him, even in the short time she had known him. The young girl of the moon wondered what their future would hold for them. She was eager to find out.