Lion Head Mesa So let me just give up
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

For @Ramesses

A query hung over Sokha like a pestering insect, buzzing around in her ear with no intention of withdrawal. It had been her desire to ask it sooner, but as it had been asked of her, she let it sink further within. But now, it had become unbearable; a curiosity that needed to be satisfied.

From her quarters, the mazoi traipsed towards the throne room of the Pharaoh, the great and divine one. She knew he would be here. He almost always was without fail.

Pharaoh. The little woman crooned, bowing before the throne Ramesses sat upon.

There is something you once said to me... something about a Priestess. I did not quite understand the meaning of this and it has tugged cruelly at my skin. Please, enlighten me. I wish to know the purpose of these words. A sincere request, if nothing else. Maybe even a slight excuse to be in his presence. 
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
she came before him, and he realized his error. he had overlooked her as a mazoi.
perhaps it was because he had not seen her dancing.
pharaoh welcomed her with a tip of his muzzle. "it means that you choose a god or goddess of my land to serve, and you choose the way in which you will worship. dancing. singing. pleasure. tribute. sacrifice."
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

His face, his divine face. Oh, how she'd missed it. The small smile forming couldn't be stopped; though, it could be changed.

Ramesses spoke now. Her cheeks drew down, content to listen and focus.

There were many ways to worship, he explained. But which was the most divine way? Surely there had to be one. Which way of worshiping would you say is the most pleasing to your Gods and Goddesses? Maybe he knew which. 
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"dance," came his grief-husky voice though the expanses of the throne room.
"when you move with the pleasant steps of the goddesses, you remind all who see you that beauty remains. a skilled dancer is an eternal flower which always blooms where it is planted."
he looked at her with something stirring and then faded beneath his lapis gaze.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

It was dance they sought. And so, dance they would have.

Then I shall continue to dance for them... for you. It was odd to speak of him last. He had always been her priority. Whatever he asked, she would do. If he wished to hear her sing, she would sing. If he wished to see her dance, she would dance. 

Settling carefully over her haunches, Sokha embraced him with her gaze, ears flicking every now and then with a new thought. Did Ramesses want to see her dance? Or would she now be confined to times of worship. The whole concept still bemused her in slight, but she wouldn't question it. If he had more to explain, he would do. But if not, she would have to figure it out on her own.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
she looked at him questioningly.
ramesses tilted his head to one side. "the priestesses of Iset dance in the evening, when the moon has come up. those who serve Ra dance in the sunlight."
he leant forward.
"who do you worship, sokha?"
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Ramesses told her of those she could choose to worship, but something puzzled her. Why was it that she had to choose one over the other? Could she not worship all?

I wonder ... is it not a possibility to worship beneath the sun and moon? Why need I choose one, when I can provide both what they may desire to see? Perhaps was something against tradition, but she knew not the answer until the pharaoh made it known.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
he arched a brow. "i see no reason not, my sweet. but that will be hours of dancing. days." his smile cast affection upon her, showered sokha with the radiant jeweling of his attention. "dance both. receive double blessings from the gods and goddesses." he laughed softly, richly.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Sokha cocked her head softly, a smile curving at the corner of her lip.

Hours of dancing. He made it seem tiring, but she thought it only fun. What better of a way to spend her time?

No matter the length of time, it will be an honor to worship them so. 
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
fade? <3

she was a priestess made for it.
ramesses would see her honored when the gods smiled upon her.
"when you have been granted a vision, come to me, and i will elevate you as hemet."