Hideaway Strath I won't forget all the ones that I love
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic

She had been in the territory for less than a day, but Arlette wasn't one to take rest too seriously. She was curious about Nyra's husband, and she felt like she should introduce herself to the second in command. She let out a soft howl, not a summoning call but more of a request. Maybe the male wasn't around, and her call would be unanswered.

The pale female didn't doubt that Nyra would pick a good man to lead with, she just wanted to make proper introduction. She figured that the female would have told her husband about her but still. She waited in one of the clearings, waiting to hear where the male was or if he would come to her.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

With his wife often out and about, the hound often wandered closer to their den. As their time as a newly couple grew, he found himself more protective over the children she had bore. They were not his by blood, but they were now his by responsibility. His wards, and they were growing on him.

Not too far of a ways off, someone called for him. It was a sincere beckon, but it hadn't been the tone that confused him. This voice was unfamiliar. Had Fury recruited another without his knowledge? Arashi frowned at the thought. As a protector and leader of the Saints, he felt as though it were also his responsibility to know who was coming in and out of the territory. He had already partially failed at this. But for now, these feelings of guilt and shame would need be set aside. He could not keep the summoner waiting.

After nearly sprinting the entire way, the gargantuan eventually came upon an open clearing. A white wolf, similar in coloring to Fury, sat waiting. The hound approached slowly, head high but relaxed. A male's pride was everything, but it wasn't intention to make them uncomfortable. 

You called? Arashi drawled in a raspy, thick voice. They smelled of Fury. At least now he could be somewhat sure they were not a threat here. He wasn't yet sure of who they were, but this interaction was bound to lead unto an introduction sooner or later. So, he would wait. They called, so they could go first.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette expected that she had to come to the male, however, it seemed he came to her. She had stayed in place, almost thinking that the male wasn't home or didn't want to see her. It was not the case as the appeared in the clearing before her. Her red eyes took in the pride. His coloring reminded her a little of Derg. She pushed that away, not every agouti wolf was Derg. She had to get over that. Arlette was determined to get over that. She would miss him, but the fact was that he had been out of her life for awhile now. Even though, she knew that when he returned she would take him back.

"Yes. I'm Arlette. I lived with The Saints before. I was taken but found my way back," she explained, on an even tone. Arlette was clearly submissive to him, which he would probably like. She wondered how she came across to him. She had the scars but she wasn't a fighter, in the literal sense. "I consider Fury my sister and very glad to return here. She told me about you, and said I should introduce myself to you," she spoke, a hint of smile, mostly looking tired.

"Ask me anything you like," she left that open for what he wanted to know of her.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
The closer he looked, it was clear to see that she looked far more similar to Fury than upon first glance. They were far different in size and build, yes, but the milky white gradient and pinked scars were unmistakably distinct.

All the while as the petite woman spoke, Arashi regarded her with a phlegmatic facade. She later mentioned that she and his wife were quite close; something he could appreciate. At least not everyone here were strangers to either of the pair.

Once sure she had finished, as to not interrupt, the hound offered a small, sincere nod. We welcome you, then. I am sure my wife will be quite pleased to have a familiar face around, especially now since there are young children in our midst.

"Ask me anything you like," She then added.

Was there even anything for him to ask? Or even a reason to?

I won't put your time to waste. You say you are close to Fury. That is all I need know. Perhaps later down the line we will become better acquainted a bit more naturally. Not that asking questions wasn't natural, but it definitely would put Arlette on the spot and he didn't feel like generating the useless queries anyway. 

Have you yet to meet anyone else besides myself? A different form of question, and one that the General found a bit more useful. 

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette noticed that the man wasn't really there for chit chat, perhaps she shouldn't expect that from a General. It was weird to see another wolf with this rank, as this rank was previously the one her own mate carried. She dipped her head. "She was, and I am eager to help out with the young children. I have experience, and it is always nice to have a babysitter," she smiled softly. She knew as a parent how handy babysitters could be.

Arlette dipped her head. Almost ready to just bid her leave goodbye and not disturb him further. However, he did ask her a question. "Not yet. I first went to look for you. It felt proper to first greet the Warchief's mate instead of the others. I believe not many I know are left," she admitted with a rueful smile.
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Soft, caring, sagacious, likely. So many things different from the samurai from back home. Well, his old home. Part of him felt as if he should be disappointed, though, maybe not with this one. Fury needed friends at her side now more than ever. If so willing to be that familiarity and comfort to his mate, then he would not judge her. 

She will appreciate the help, as will I. Maybe a bit of a sincere, earnest tone would ease things out a bit. 

"I first went to look for you. It felt proper to first greet the Warchief's mate instead of the others."

He would not openly comment on the decision she admitted, but instead recognize it in silence. Not many sought him out before others.

There are not many here and few, if any, that you would know. As far as I am aware, all that have come here are strangers that we met along our travels, some that Fury has had more interaction with. Minus one exception... His damned sister. What rank has she dubbed you? If there are any within a similar focus, I will see to it that you are introduced and get settled comfortably. 

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette dipped her head politely. "I will try to help as much as I could." It was the least she could do in her own opinion. The female would do her best to earn back her stripes. It also felt good to focus on something. Her mind was still a mess with the idea that her pups might be out there alone, or perhaps worse--.

Her red eyes took him in, only briefly before she cast them away. She thought he approved her her seeking him out. Arlette wasn't entirely sure. She figured that she didn't know most of the new pack mates. When she was still here they were with as little as five. She would do her best to meet them.

"She gave me my previous rank, Medic," she explained. "But I think I will be working towards Shaman. Just to have something to focus on," she admitted to him. "Fury told me about Maiken who is also a healer. I will be looking for them soon. See what they know."
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic

Hope it's alright to fade here! This will be the last from me, if so. ^-^

The promise she gave was enough to satisfy. She did not seem like the type to break oaths. But, of course, he could always be wrong. Either way, he would learn enough to judge her character better at a later date. 

Arlette spoke of Maiken. It was good that she at least had a name in mind. Having two medics would prove useful, thus, the General was pleased.

I know little of Maiken, but I believe the two of you will serve well together.

Unless there is something else you wish to speak of, then I will say farewell. You need time to settle, thus I shall give it to you. There are markings to be made elsewhere. If not to stop him, Arashi would offer a simple nod of his head and prepare to depart. The territory would not mark itself and he could not stand her all the day's while talking.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,054 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Totally fine!

Arlette dipped her head. If Fury's husband didn't know much about Maiken then she would have to find the other herself to get to know the medic. The female dipped her head when the male bid his leave. "I understand. I just wanted to introduce myself. It was nice meeting you," she spoke. She wouldn't drawl on that though, the man probably was busy so with another dip of her head she bid her goodbye to the man.

- fin -