Broken Boulder Hare Hunting
74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
For @Sakina!

Lucius was on the prowl far from home, tracking a hare. He moved carefully through the still evening, his small body camouflaging well against the terrain. The scent of hare was strong all around him, and he knew, he must have discovered a warren. For now, he would lie in wait, and await any movement from his quarry. He hoped for a good dinner tonight.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Physical Health (100/100)

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Lucius is currently experiencing some anxiety.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
The days had been hot, it had been a night cycle since his meeting with the moonsister she-wolf. When the sun had set he had slipped under the giant rock to find shelter, but now he emerged.

Dainty jaws parted, he drank in the scents all around him. A male musk stuck out to him, one of his fathers kind. Ordinarily, curiosity would not fuel him enough to seek out such a distraction, especially as hungry as he was. Yet, that deep stirring within him drove him off his feet and before he knew it, the grey coyote was in sight. 

Crouching among the rocks and pebbles, Sakina watched the sleek figure hunt. His two-toned eyes zeroed in on the hare the other boy had been tracking. If it ran his way, perhaps he would be generous and kill it for the greychild. 
74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lucius could not yet see the hare he was tracking, but its scent was strong, and — there was another scent. Another coyote scent, strong as the hare. Lucius chanced a look, large ears quivering slightly as he listened intently. Then, his pale purple gaze found the other, and he grinned excitedly, the hare momentarily forgotten, until it walked right in front of him.

It froze. So did Lucius. He shook his head and the hare was off, running for its life. The coyote yearling yelped and took off after it.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
They greychild had noticed him, large ears craned in Sakina's direction and youthful eyes filling with...excitement?

"The hare." The boy warned, ear twitching as both prey and predator froze. Then they were off, zig zapping across the stony grassland. The coydog could not veil his amusement, standing to join the hunt.

Sakina was fast, though not at full stride. His feet still ached from the journey and the ground was far too untrustworthy. His gait hinted at a hold back of full speed, a potential to be much, much quicker than he already was. 

The yearling cut the hare off with a swift bark to alert the greychild, sending the prey running back towards the other coyote with frightened squeaks
74 Posts
Ooc — The System
The other coyote joined in on the hunt, helping to press the hare closer to Lucius. The gray male yelped and barked excitedly, his tail waving tall and fast. He scooped up his quarry with a quick bite and a shake, and it fell limp in his jaws. Lucius dropped the hare, grinning broadly, and he bounded to the other coyote, tail still waving. "Hello! I haven't seen another coyote in ages! You — I mean, you are a coyote, right?" Scent said partially, yes, but the female before him looked a bit different. She was very pretty. Lucius grinned shyly at her.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Greychild was far too excited for prey hunting, the youth in him was clear as the sky above their heads. And then, astonishingly, the coyote dropped his quarry and came right on over to Sakina as if they had known each other since birth.

The small youth took a couple of steps back, cocking his head in a dog-like way. It was true the coydog had inherited more instinct from his sire, but occasionally the domesticated part of him slipped through. 

"Is that what you are called? Coyote." The word seemed foreign on his tongue. Sakina mused it over in his head for a small while. "Yes. My sire was...coyote. My mother was a dog." 

The boy thought maybe he detected shyness in Greychild's features, but why he could not be sure. Over him? Surely not. His mother's mate had always told him he was disgusting. 
I am not my body, but the soul within. 
74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lucius giggled nervously. He had met exactly one dog before this, and she had tried to rip his face off. He slunk back a couple steps, his hackles raising with his anxiety. "You're a — a dog?" Did that mean she would hurt him, too?

Lucius whined, a sharp sound that caused even his own ears to angle back against his skull. "A... another dog, t-tried to kill me a few weeks ago."
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Greychild seemed to find this encounter amusing, though something about his childish sounds was not right. It almost felt like the boy was anxious, though for what reason Sakina could not fathom. This one was very confusing. His suspicions were soon confirmed as the other of his father's kind- the coyote- showed himself to be quite fearful. "Yes. I just said that." Were all canids of Sakina's age so irritating? The youth suddenly felt guilty for those older than him.

The coyote seemed so afraid that he even vocalized it, even though Sakina had not moved a muscle. "Do you not think that if I had wanted to kill you, I would have tried to do so already? You are being quite silly." Now he reminded himself of his brother, who would often scold him and his littermate when they jumped at their own shadows. 

For a moment his heart panged. I'm sorry, Jarus. 

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
He knew he was overreacting, but Diesel had seemed friendly at first, and that had been his first experience with a dog. For all he knew, dogs were more aggressive than the wolves! Lucius licked his lips, forcing himself to calm down. He took a deep, steadying breath, then said, "Sorry. You're... you're right. Um, well, I'm Lucius."
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
More guilt plagued his heart as he stopped, actually thinking about the other boy's feelings. It was clear greychild had reason to be afraid, otherwise, he would not have acted so. Sakina was no person to judge the reactions of others when he himself had a tendency to fright easily. 

"No, I apologize. I am named Sakina." Slowly, the coydog leaned forward in an attempt to lick the other coyote's nose playfully. Even if those he had met had not shown him the same kindness, Sakina was determined not to be so cruel.  
74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Sakina. Lucius thought that was a pretty name. He was still as the other reached out to lick his nose, and then he grinned sheepishly. "It's nice to meet you." He nudged his kill with a paw, then asked, "Are you hungry at all? I think there's more to be found here." If the other coyote was, Lucius would happily hunt with or for them until they were full, and then they would part ways.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)