Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Reyson made his way to the sparring pits. He hadn't utilized them as often as he had meant too. Though part of that was the simple fact, he didn't know enough of anyone to ask for a spar. He had sparred with a few, but not many. And he found himself on this clear day, itching for something active.

He circled the pits eyes going from one corner to the next, learning the ins and outs of the area. The stones on the ground would hurt footpaws, stop you in your tracks. It wasn't often that this happened to him, he was often unmovable, but he could certainly learn more. It was clear he was out of practice with little two tone, but it had been a fun spar none the less. Reyson didn't mind being bested, he just would then learn how to fight back when he was bested. And sometimes you lost, it was that simple.

He gave one last look, and then slowly, began to warm up himself. Long legs stretching.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he watched the man, thoughtful and patient. there was no need to rush him, but a body in the spar pit was an invitation, no?

it would be when the other man moved to warm up, that maxim chuffed a deep sound. warm and welcoming. his tail offered one wide sweep behind him.

he had brief worries that he had acquired a dad bod in his time tending to his own children. this would either prove or deny that fact.

you don't have a spar partner already lined up, do you?

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson turned at the inital greeting, moving his body from one pose to the next for the most part seamlessly, though some of his muscles were clearly unworked and kinked up. He grinned good naturedly, when he noticed the father Maxim.

I do not. Shall we?

He waited his body loose, but poised he would be able to get into position quickly and he was excited to practice. It seemed too long.

Roll or paragraph style :)
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
rolls please! :D

the other man seemed welcoming of his presence, even moreso for a spar! maxim offered only a brief toothy grin of some kind of boyish delight.

he nodded his head, motioned for the other man to move first.

a defensive stance would be taken.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Okay I still have some difficulty with rolling so if i mess it up somehow, please let me know I started a thread in the tabletop forum. Did 1d10, rolled a 9. Figured 30/30 hp for each.

Reyson shifted, his body into an agressor stance. Head low, growl digging from his chest. Though it was a playful one. He moved forward.

What he didn't have in speed, he made up for in bruth strength and stamina.

He aimed a low hit to the other's legs, better to get them unable to move easily. Easier to kill, especially for those that were smaller and faster. Snap of teeth, and brutish swipe of paw. He hoped to hit the front foreleg.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
4 (+2) for a total of 6!

it was a bold and swift move. a smart one too. maxim was to hold his defensive stance, but such was not possible if the man got him down.

maxim would find himself stumbling down. a horribly embarrassing moment.

he aimed to surge back up, hoping to push into the other man with this movement. even if it was only to get back on stable feet.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
rolled a 3

It was a move Reyson had utilized in the past, and it worked well, but Maxim had skill and speed on his side, and though the hit was a good one. The younger male managed to keep his feet. And he surged forward, knocking into Reyson's chin, which jarred his jaw, and for a moment, he was forced backward.

He aimed a snap of teeth to Maxim, but his snap only caught air.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
1 (+2) = 3
lols at my low rolls

it jarred them both. the click of reyson's teeth gave maxim some warning and the reminder to stay on guard.

maxim once more sought to use his body instead of outright teeth. always on the defense, a shoulder aimed for the mans ribs.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
That happened to me when Reyson was sparring Sakina. He got railroaded by a wolf five times smaller than him lol rolled a 5.

Reyson side stepped and used his teeth against the other's side as it was bared to him, in Maxim's aim at his ribs. His shoulder grazed his ribs, but it didn't leave him winded, only momentarily shifted.

Though had it been a greater hit, it would have knocked his air out. Reyson locked his legs, refusing to be moved if he could manage it.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
i swear the dice are out to get characters sometimes lol
3 (+2) = 5

teeth harshly pinched at his ribs, certain there might be a bruise there later. maxim suddenly realized just how out of shape he was. what a horrible scutarius he had become.

finally he offered his own teeth back, hoping to snap them onto the nearest hind leg of the man.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I believe it, I never understood chance real well though :) . Rolled a 4

Reyson was enjoying himself. It was nice to spar again. Stretch his mind and body. Though he had focused on long range and had less spars as of late, and it was clear it how he was handling himself.

Detaching himself, he retreated a way, and eyed the other, anxious to find a weak spot. He made a lunge, though he over counted and didn't quite meet the younger male as close as he would have liked.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician

maxim found himself tiring. found shame in this, found it muddled his mind. how could he be expected to hit so sharp and fast? he needed to recoil back into his known skills.

reyson clipped him with the lunge and he reeled back in a stumble for it. hunkering himself back down again with a more hunched form, centering his mass.

he needed to steady himself, mentally and physically.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Rolled a 3. Poor Maxim. Dad bods are awesome though <3

Reyson too was tiring, though he found a well of strength to rally. The reserves that you had towards the end. That last hurrah to get you through, though it wouldn't last long. And it was clear in his next attack.

Reyson moved forward to try and knock Maxim down. Hold a paw to his throat, for he could sense the tiredness in the young male. However, he was not prepared for him to have such a strong center of Gravity.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician

the man came for a knockdown and his throat. and maxim did find himself hunkering towards the ground with a threat of a full fall.

harshly he snapped his teeth towards the man's face with a low rumble in his chest.

a move for the neck seemed to bring out something fiercely in the younger soldier.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Rolled a 6

Teeth hit scarred muzzle, and some of the raised wounds welled blood. Well done young one, was his only thought, he had gotten first blood.

However, there was desperation in his snap and it was desperation that got you killed and Reyson recentered himself, feinted right and went left. With the intention to knock the youth to the ground and gain the upper hand, perhaps even win.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
im gonna say reyson gets the win here, makes the most sense to me :D

and maxim was brought down.

the older man had skill, had experience. maxim had been trained here in mereo but that did not match real world experience. he exposed his teeth in an ivory row as he laid on his back. to be put in this position was embarrassing in ever imaginable way.

but it also proved the strength of his fellow soldier.

you win,

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Thank you. I enjoyed this <3

Reyson smiled a bit ferally, but he moved to allow the young maxim to grip his fur if he should need to help him to his feet.

You fought well. I almost didn't.

Reyson offered a rare smile. One that lit up his blue eyes for only a moment. It had been a good spar, well fought, and they had been evenly matched. With a few more sparrings, it would not surprise him were Maxim to beat him. He was older now, his ways were set. Maxim still had time to form how he would fight, to adapt.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
it was such a blast!!

maxim found his way to his feet once more. eager to be upright and off his back. belly exposed never felt like a good position to be in.

i wish to regularly spar you, reyson. he informed him with a crooked grin. at least until i best you, hm?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
It was indeed. :D

Reyson was not fond of the position Maxim had been in either, and were a movement changed, or the like. It could have been easily him there with his back in the dirt. The important thing was to learn, and adapt and grow.

Reyson nodded his head. I would like that. And it doesn't have to just be until you best me. We can spar whenever you like, how many ever times you like.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
we will see how much i can handle your wins then! he offered with a heavy laugh.

but he was tired from their little scuffle and realized the extent of how out of shape he was. he would push himself more, try for the harder patrol paths. perhaps schedule another tour somewhere in a nearby territory.

with a polite nod, he sought to dismiss himself.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson offered one lift of side of mouth. So we shall.

He would take his leave as well. Nurse the wound that lay heavy on his nose and jaw. Though it was not a deep one, blood as always near the face, was strong flowing.