Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
Reyson traveled from the little coy dog, and the other's he had met in the last few days. He always returned at night if he could, and he was never gone more than a day. Anxious to be scouting and training. He was not comfortable here, and he couldn't quite figure out why. He was never willing to stay in one place.

It was with this thought, and a rabbit in his jaws that he entered the pack lands. Eyes on the horizon, he went towards the nearest cache, and began to dig. He would deposit the rabbit, and go back to his spot and curl up and think over the days. And wonder at his inability to stay in one place anymore. For 3.5 years of his life, he had no problem staying at his packlands, but here, he was gone every other day.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he recognized this man well enough. one of the other soldiers. one who had rudely stuck his nose into towhee's business when their children had still been too young.

now the man seemed like a recluse.

you, he chuffed in greeting. the slight wave to his tail should have shown he was not here with aggression. are you busy?

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had all but forgotten of his first visit here. And he hadn't meant anything by his offering of food. In his former pack the soldiers fed the mothers. They simply dropped food at the den mouth and continued on which he had tried to do.

Though, the initial greeting came barrelling back when he was chuffed at and turned to meet the voice. A prickle of unease skittered along his spine, but he shifted to face.

No, just burying a rabbit. Do you have need of me?

He kept his body in neutral position.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
there is always need in mereo, he spoke with a toothy grin, a brief wave of his tail behind him. it was good to see the other man in a better light. one that was not the precious mouth of his shared den.

will you patrol with me? his head cocked slightly, eyes waiting patiently on the man's facial features.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson moved and studied the other's face, though he quickly averted his eyes. He wagged his tail once, twice and nodded.

I would be happy to. He moved to walk in paw step with the other, a small almost imperceptable smile on his face. He was finally beginning to find his footing here. And he found the pack a welcoming one. For the most part.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician

maxim would be more than happy to take charge here, eager to lead them towards the woodland. it was the one place that did not seem to constantly have somebody in it, which meant it was the ideal place to patrol. refresh scents and assure no one had dared to sneak through.

can i ask something of your learning?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
thank you

Reyson followed suit, eyeso n the forest in the distance. Reyson was often there, preferring it to those around him, though he was getting better. There was something comforting about trees to the scarred man.

However, it was also an ideal place for others to sneak in, with it's foliage and it's cavern's. All forests had caverns. Notched ears pushed forward, at the question and he gave a brief nod.

What would you like to know?
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
he hiked a leg up somewhere on the first tree they neared. he also carried conversation through this. perhaps for lack of care between soldiers, or too much time spent with the bold towhee.

do you want to be warrior, tactician or guardian?

this asked before he turned to catch a brief whiff of a fresh marker. pleased with the work.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was a shameless wolf, there was nothing that could be done in front of him, that even drew an eyebrow, except maybe something heinously violent, but that was something different. So he didn't even bat an eye at the younger male's scent marker. He lifted his leg on a bush nearby in fact, and looked over at him, whilst doing so.

Warrior. I have a warriors body and mind. Perhaps tactician. I do not wish to guard anymore.

He had attempted to guard the young beneath him, some as young as the youth in front, but they had perished. HE had attempted to guard Renaud, and he too had lost his life. Blood to spill on the dirt, mix into his paws, stain them red for days. Reyson had walked for days with rusted paws. Until finally it had faded.

What do you do?
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
how interesting a response! he did not wish to guard anymore. maxim wondered if the man knew he was, no matter specialties, intended to guard mereo. what was an outpost if they did not guard it?

i am a guardian — or aspiring so, i guess. he flashed with a toothy grin. brushed himself against a tree some.

my wife — his wife! —towhee is very skilled in all. have you met her away from our den?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson would protect the borders, he would not protect singular wolves. He did not want the pain that came with the loss, and sometimes there was a loss.

Physical pain he could deal with, he reveled in it actually. It kept him centered, reminded him that he was alive. The emotional turmoil, that was the likes he preferred to stay from.

It is an admirable task to guard the borders and those you are tasked too. I have done it. You will get there, you are already well on your way it seems.

Reyson scratched paws in the dirt, found some bushes to loose some of his fur on.

He looked up and shook his head. I have not had the pleasure. Though I have not sought many out.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
truthfully, maxim had tried to discard his ego in these recent months. although being complimented certainly flared that ego back to life. even if only briefly.

it is important to get to know those you work with. he commented softly. soldiers must learn to trust one another to work like a whole unit.

is there a reason why you have not?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson knew well what ego could do. He had certainly had one, once upon a time. As had Renaud, both of them certain in their safety and their abilities, they had let strangers into their borders and then there had been death.

Reyson didn't find fault in Maxim's words, but he did balk at them all the same. He wasn't certain he was ready to trust anyone again, if ever. And he did not want them to trust him. Because he had been unable to save those who had trusted him too before.

I have not sought out your wife, because I do not wish to disturb or cause unrest again. I hadn't meant for that before. Where I was from we dropped food at the mother's door steps, it was what we did. That is all I was trying to do. I realize now that, it was in my folly, and disrespectful of me to do so. And I owe you both an apology as such. So I do apologize and I will make sure to apologize to she when she is ready for company of the likes of me.

He met the young one's eyes for a moment, allowing for a brief moment the pain he carried to show, before he tramped it down, and looked away as was demanded of him to those higher ranking.

As for the others. I have not sought them out, for many reasons. Tell me Maxim, how many battles have you fought? And how many deaths lay on your conscience?
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
maxim had, apparently, struck a certain chord with the other soldier. truthfully maxim saw no need for an apology to himself. an apology to towhee maybe. although he wondered if she wanted one even too.

and then he grew awfully grim.

maxim let his features settle into something more befitting a soldier. neutral but a bleakness to his gaze. he was reminded all at once that he did not have the battle experience some of the others had. he was here being refined into a solider. not born as one, not one made from wars.

none — and i know my luck for it. unless the man think he truly was still some sort of boy. do you wish not to know the others in case they die in battles?

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I apologize for his melancholy. Not quite sure where it came from, but imma roll with it lol

Reyson would apologize, because it was what was warranted, and it would also ease his own anxiety of it. Though he figured, that the she wolf Towhee, the kind to find him when she was ready and not before. He could be wrong, but he was fairly certain at least with her, he had her number.

Reyson had not wished to mar the moment in his darkness. And he had certainly not wished to take away the happiness and contentment that had clung to Maxim, so for that he had regret.

Reyson gave a stiff nod. I am one of the few survivors of my pack. I couldn't save them, and I fear were it to ever happen again, though perish the thought. I couldn't save you and yours either.

He stood on back legs, towering and ran claws down the nearest tree, and landed with a whump, dirt and dust stirred at his paw steps.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
no sorries needed, i love it <333

another leg raised, another marker placed. this while he digested the words of the other man. maxim had not fancied himself some sort of...therapist, but he felt such now.

a horrible thing. he commented on solemnly. but we do our best to avoid those ends by working as a unit — and we cannot be a unit if we all become strangers. have you spoken to the imperator of this? he is a man more seasoned as a soldier than most.

perhaps the imperator would know what better things to say.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Glad to hear it <3 because i'm not sure where he's going lol

Reyson had lay a lot of heavy things at the young Maxim's feet, things that did not belong to him. And Reyson felt the urge to apologize for it. His own burdens were not this ones. Though something stayed his tongue, perhaps he knew it was better to speak the secrets of his chest, and let them fester and pus like an open wound in his spirit. Make him heartsick and weary. Broken.

Reyson again shook his head. I have not, nor will I. This is something I must get over myself. I have met a few and I will continue to meet more. I must take it slow or I risk making a foolish mistake, and causing mistrust to fester. I cannot speak to another, if I don't know my own words.

Reyson stopped for a moment and then spoke, wanting to compliment Maxim if he could. Though you speak well. You would make a good counselor, were this something to interest you. Though it takes a hearty of soul, and a strong inner bearing to be able to hear horror and not let it eat away at you. Both of which, were I a betting wolf, would say you seem to carry.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
maxim did not often think he was an emotional man — or rather, he did not think he was emotional outside of his family. he loved his children deeply. cared for towhee deeply. would do anything for them!

those feelings were not the same as the bond between soldiers.

he felt honor and duty here. a closeness brought by the bond of mereo and their trainings. and this seemed proven by the compliment laid at his feet by reyson. a man deeply wounded who had trusted him first, he thought. it was a true honor and he considered the words of the man.

perhaps you wish to test my abilities as a counselor then. a smile that was more a thin comfort than anything beaming or bright. will you speak to me of these things? i won't press for you to meet the others right away, but we can be like brothers in our soldier ranks. maybe you teach me some of your warrior skills, i offer my guardianship and ears when needed.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
There was something to be said of bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood in some cases. Bonds tried and tested by filth, and blood, and knowing the man in front of you or behind you was the one watching your back and you, theirs. And often those bonds were tested, when emotions were high and death was paramount, but it was then you saw a true measure of a man.

However, there was also measures to be had by those in the quiet moments, the moments of silence when they were remembering those bonds, or when reliving the deaths that lay heavy on your soul. Those types of bonds, were a different kind, but all the same as strong.

Reyson turned his words over in his mind. Somethings he wasn't sure he could bear to speak of, but other things. Perhaps he could. He nodded his head. I will teach you what I can, and borrow your ear as I need. And You may introduce me to one wolf a week if it pleases you.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
maybe fade and they can have something fresh! :D

it would please me, his smile a bit warmer now. he imagined the man might get along with the stoic kallik. perhaps learn some more from towhee. ah, but he wouldn't rush ahead of himself.

come, let's finish our patrol. he motioned with a sway of his head. padding along at an easy jog.

Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,083 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Works for me :)

Reyson had already met Kallik, and Aquene, a she wolf named Tamar, Tierra. He had brought Sakina into the fold, but these were only names and they were not strong bonds he had made, except perhaps Sakina. Though with maxim he felt a different bond. He liked the young male.

Reyson moved into position and continued their patrol. He would talk of lighter things now if the youth would like him too. He had adventures and stories of those beneath his command when they were training he could share.