Redsand Canyon need you now and cannot wait
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Joining 
They had travelled together for a day cycle, the little coydog staying close to his newfound companion for the most part. Sometimes the boy would roam off to sniff at a new scent or make toilet, but he always returned to brush against @Reyson 's side with a soft yap. 

The stronger the canyon packs scent became, the less and less Sakina would wander. By the time they'd reached the borders he didn't seem to want to leave the big man at all. 

Finally they arrived at their destination, the merle coydog sniffing at the border with tail tucked between his legs. He allowed Reyson to cross it, but did not follow. Sakina was wiser than that. "Do I call for them? You will not leave me will you?" 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had grown used to the youth's scent, and movements, and how he always stayed by him, as if needing that reassurance. He didn't mind. He was fast growing used to the tiny thing.

Reyson looked him over, and though he started to cross the borders just to get his leader, he decided against it and ghosted back to the youth. He settled to his haunches and lifted his head in a low, howl. He didn't think @Germanicus would deny the youth, but he was also unsure. Though he knew some of their number would be leaving soon.

I will not leave you. You tell him of your accomplishments, what you can do. You can hunt, you are learning to fight.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the call was attended.

germanicus stood before a curious-looking creature and reyson.

"principales," he greeted. his eyes stayed upon the stranger. "as you surely know, this is mereo. i am germanicus, its imperator." the eagle was silent then and waited for one of them to answer.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
They did not wait long.

The wolf who approached them was not so large as Reyson, tones of silver, black and grey. A wolf of smoke with eyes that reminded Sakina of the stuff bees guarded. 

It spoke words the boy could not quite comprehend.  Principales. 

A title of some kind bestowed upon blueeyes. The way smokeman spoke it into existence was authorative, decisive. Reyson was below him then. 

For a while the coydog did not speak, until he seemed to realise with a jolt he was even allowed too. "Yes. The pack of fighting." That was what blueeyes had told the youth, he did not know what duties that entailed. Whatever it was, he would meet them with a Blaze in his heart.

The tiny coydog took one step forward, and although he did not meet the smokemans eyes he radiated a kind of confidence that quivered throughout his whole body. "I have bested blueeyes in a fight. I can hunt small game well, I am small and...thin enough to fit in dug out warrens." For just a moment he paused. 

When he spoke again, his voice, still submissive, took on a strong unwavering tone. "I have travelled many moons without rest, I am tireless. I know I am small, and young. Twelve moons old, just that. But the place I came from was a fighting one too. No task you bestow upon me will be too hard to handle." Another pause, this time he seemed unsure. 

"If the task were too much, I would still complete it, even if it meant my death. My name is Sakina. I give myself to you." Please. Please don't refuse me this. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson dipped his muzzle to his leader and averted his eyes. He was not ashamed of his place beneath Germanicus. He had begun to rise slowly.

Reyson nodded and spoke in his straight about way. It's true his speed, and size bested my bulk, and stamina.

Reyson said no more let the youngling speak for himself. He would answer if it was needed.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the young creature came forward. germanicus listened. blue-eyes as a title reminded him swiftly and sharply of one thing: crow's wing. crowfeather.

his mind must remain at present.

"we are a place of structure and organization. your mornings will be early and your nights late." sakina. 

germanicus kept his features schooled. 

"hunting is a necessary skill. during times of war, a hunter establishes where a traveling army might find supplies." it was a heavy responsibility. his yellow eyes pinned the delicate boy. "but first and foremost we are soldiers. you will be expected to spar and train. if you intend to be promoted, your emphasis will be on the honing of your body for battle."

it would indeed come.

germanicus looked at the two of them: one porcelain, the other an anvil. and he wondered. but he told himself he was only sensitive to it, to all of it. 

"you are a boy now. mereo will see that you become a man. tell me. where did you come from before?" his tones had not changed but his sungold eyes sharpened. there was no reason not to suspect spies.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Reyson vouched for his speed, his skill. It caused the boy's chest to swell with pride. 

But it had not guaranteed his place, that was for Sakina to fight for. He would prove himself, he had to for his sanity. For a day the coydog had gotten the thought of joining the Redsand wolves to the point of almost believing it was where he should be. Meeting Reyson must have been fate, some higher power had demanded it.

As the leader's eyes bore into him, the tiny canid was suddenly reminded of their likeness. Honey. Smokemans eyes are like honey. 

And then he was being questioned, expected to give a trustworthy answer. But how much of the truth should he give? "I...came from a place of humankind. My mother was a cattle dog, my father a...coyote." It had been a struggle to remember what Greychild had named his fathers kind. "It was a place of great terror. As a pup, humans would beat my brother and sisters with sticks to make them angry, enraged." The memory seemed hard for him to recall, features twisting into fear. The youth desperately tried to hide the swelling emotion. He failed. 

"And then...they...do you really need to know this? It seems, what is the word, when a talk does not relate." A brief pause. "It is irrelevant, yes?"
I am not my body, but the soul within. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson listened and felt himself disgusted with the past the poor coydog had to deal with. It made him slightly angry, but outwardly it didn't show, because he also knew it had shaped him. Turned him into what he was, what he could be.

It had molded and changed. Much like his past had done to him, so it made sense that he would want to fight, to change his path.

Reyson noticed his leader look him and the youngling over. But he did not take offense. He would wait and see if more was needed of him, would help the youngling fine a place to stay if he didn't wish to stay with Reyson on the outskirts.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"your past is always relevant when it comes to who you might be. but i do not need to hear more of it."

he straightened and regarded the boy. "welcome to mereo. you are an auxillary now. reyson will show you the soldier's-housing. if you have questions, then speak now."

his voice was even. "i am sorry for what you have suffered, sakina. let mereo be a place to shape a new future."
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Sakina had to suppose smokeman had a point, when inviting a stranger into your home it was an asset to know all about them. Especially when you had other lives to consider. 

But then his new alpha was welcoming him. The boy let out a breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding, a sigh of complete relief. "When do I begin?"

A new future. That was exactly what he was seeking, with Mereo, he would find it. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson hid a smile at the younglings exuberance, and he stood on large paws. He moved his tail once, twice against his leg. And then he waited.

He would show little Sakina to the dens, but also his own spot beneath the trees.

He could then choose where he wanted to go, though he was certain he would not call him Sakina, he was and would always be Two Tone now to the scarred warrior.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germ out! welcome!

"tomorrow morning, an hour before dawn." 

the imperator nodded at the soldiers. "you are dismissed."

he would stay upon the borders after they had done, returning to ruenna after a patrol.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
"I thank you, imperator." Sakina felt his heart beating in his throat, a title was bestowed upon Reyson, it made sense that was how they referred to one another. He thought about these strange words, what meaning did they hold? Being a candid he knew roughly of alphas, but back at the farm, they hadn't any. 
Then smokeman was dismissing them. The coydog waited until he was out of sight before turning to Reyson with a broad grin. Before he could say anything though, a yawn overtook him, soft whine slipping out as he shook the fatigue from his pelt. [size=small]"I am tired, where do we sleep?"[/size]
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled and motioned with his tail. Follow me. I sleep beneath the trees, but there are soldier's barracks right beside them. You can sleep with me or you can make your home among the others. I never did like a den. Too small.

He lifted his head and began a gentle pace, pointing out where things were as they went.
39 Posts
Ooc — Raine
Was it even a question? The youth would follow Reyson until the older man threw him aside, the worst part was, he wasn't even sure why. They had only known each other a day or two, and although the red wolf was kind and gentle, it did not mean they were friends. 

"I shall stay with you." The coydog uttered with absolute confidence, delicate paws trotting along with fluffy tail held high. Sakina even had his chest puffed right out, clearly being accepted into the pack had put some much-needed self-assurance on his shoulders. 
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,088 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson would have been surprised to hear the youngling call him Kind or gentle, because he felt he was neither of those things. He was brusque, though patient. He was a machine, made to follow orders, do his duty. But he liked the tiny two tone. He would not case him aside.

Reyson nodded. Very well. Then let's settle for the night. You have an early day tomorrow. With a flick of his tail he moved towards the trees nearest the soldier housing and settled down. Two tone could curl up next to him or further away wherever he felt most comfortable.

Last from me. Would love another when you would like one.