Hideaway Strath Blazing
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Private 

The Princess had heard her mom say there was a new woman around!
Today, the pup began trying to sniff out the Medic. 

In her mind at least, she was old enough if not more so to do so by herself! 
The girl continued tracking, mindful of her surroundings just like she was being taught to do. 
What a good girl she thought she was being, too! 

A glimmer of confidence in that thought brought the child's tail to a high arc over her little hips, wagging while she looked for her auntie.
The Only Thing They Fear Is You
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was just outside the cave system, sorting through plants she gathered. It was much easier to see in the daylight than in the darkness of the cave. It seemed that she wouldn't have quiet time any longer when the young wolf showed up. Arlette was instantly charmed though when she noticed the princess.

"Hello," she greeted warmly, her tail wagging. It was extremely obvious that this was Nyra's daughter. Arlette knew she already loved her. "You have to be Sovereign! I heard a lot about you," she spoke charmingly.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Muse go brrrr  

Sovereign looked upon the albino lady with mixed emotions. A stranger, with a look of love and affection, motherly.
She wagged her tail slowly and approached further with a bold air. 

"That's me!" She said proudly, puffing her chest a little. 
"...Who're you?" She asked after a comedic pause, with an even further comedic look of curiosity on her face.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
It happens no worries!

Arlette had to smile at the little rascal. If this wasn't Nyra's kid then she would eat her paw. She was adorable, and looked just like her mother. The child seemed to be curious. "I am Arlette," she introduced. "I know your mother since before you were born," she explained. If she said she was Nyra's sister it might confuse the girl. Then again, would there be a difference?

"I've returned now to live in your mother's pack. I am a healer, so I know a lot about plants and making others better when they are sick," she explained. "II won't be much help with fighting lessons, I'm afraid," she chuckled. Which might seem weird to the pup as one side of her was heavily scarred.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The child wagged her tail as Arlette introduced herself and explained what she was doing here, her purpose. 

"How did you get your scars then?" Sovereign asked with a small grin. It was more intended as inquisitive than a challenge, but the young princess had yet to learn the entirety of verbal tact.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette's ears folded back when she asked about her scars. She didn't look mad though. "Ah, those I got from a cougar. I went to protect my mate," she spoke. "He didn't survive, nor did my aunt," she admitted to the child. She rather wanted her to look out for cougars than to be too bold around them. She obviously did survive, with a mark to prove it.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The child paused with hesitation as Arlette spoke of the origins of her scars. 
Clearly, the young princess knew now that she didn't know nearly as much as she may have thought. Especially about why and how scars came to be...

"Did my mom get all her scars from a cougar too?" The youth eventually asked. She had never yet bothered to ask her mother why she was so battleworn, or how her marring came to be.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
"Your mother is a fierce warrior. She mostly got it from defending and fighting for her loved ones. Probably from other wolves.," she spoke, that was one way of saying how Fury worked. Arlette didn't feel the need to elaborate on Fury's scars, she didn't know the extend of them.

"You could ask her one day, maybe she will tell you," she commented. "A scar happens when there has been a wound. It hurts, sometimes the skin is so damaged fur doesn't grow back." She didn't know if this was too much information. "If you ever have pain or have blood you can come to me. I will help fix it."
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The Princess listened as Arlette explained how Fury worked. 
Sovereign already knew her mom was a fierce warrior, she had seen her fight vex after all!

Then, Arlette explained how scars work, how they happen - and to come to her if the child ever got hurt. 

Soivereign nodded in agreement vigorously. 
"I'll come to you if I ever get hurt!" She beamed brightly, tail waving behind her.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled. Good. She liked that the girl would come to her for help. If she was able to aid her then that would only be a bonus for her. She was curious though if the girl had any ambition to become like her mother. Do you want to fight like your mother or do you have other ambitions?

She wouldn't blame the girl if she wanted to do something else. She hadn't been a hunter or a matriarch like her mother. She was as much doted on children as her own mother was, but she didn't feel like a leader like her.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign's eyes pratically glowed with awe as she answered Arlette's question. 
"I wanna be like my mom! A fierce fighter!" She beamed, tail going miles a minute as her head swam with dramatic visuals of herself fighting other wolves and even other beasts!

She wanted so badly for that, unknowing of all the consequences.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled at the ambition of the child when she looked so excited. "Alright, when you go for fighting lessons don't forget that I can teach you about wound mending. If you get hurt in a fight, it might be best for you to at least know the basics of healing," Arlette spoke. She wouldn't always be around, and if the girl knew how to close a wound, or fight infection she might live longer.
Loner
The Shieldmaiden
277 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Sovereign considered Arlette's words. Wound mending definitely sounded useful and important. She would talk to her mother and Arashi about it later for their approval. 

"Mending wounds sounds important, I think I'll come for lessons soon!" The Princess beamed, eyes sparkling.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,079 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded. You are always welcome for a lesson. Let me know when you want to have one. She smiled at the girl. Pleased that she could be of help. Or for any other thing, you can always come to me for help. No matter the subject. She wanted that known to the girl.

Seeing that she made her introductions already, she felt that the pup should probably get back to her mother, or to another parent. Unless she wanted to hang around her still. Arlette would allow it. She loved children around or in her life, even if they weren't her own.