1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
All Welcome 
backdated to 7/3

the honeybees here were a wonder.

they were abundant in the honeyed pasture, but even more so on this side of the fields. he'd glimpsed the wildflowers from afar but now lolled happily within them, sending pollen flying up in his wake.

a hum filled his ears as sweet as the honeycomb they produced.

the ever-present worry at the back of his mind niggled. summer it may be now, but the dog days were approaching, and autumn fast on their heels. would the pups be large enough by then for their efforts to subside, a little?

and what if one or both of their elderly parents died?

aditya sat up in a fretful haze, and sneezed, shaking his head and scattering the bees to the winds.
"I've fallen in love and it's changed everything"
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void had traveled down from the mountains now that he was almost completely healed. He was searching the forest for something to hunt when he caught the scent of another wolf. An older male, but never-the-less he looked large and strong, like himself.

Void wasn't in the mood for a fight, for once, so he padded up, holding a neutral stance, not his usually dominant one. He dipped his head, hoping to make a good impression with a friendly greeting.
-----
Void is Alfa of founding pack Midnight Scar. Interested in joining? PM me!
Health (90/100)
Void is physically healthy, just a little tired and unkempt
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Void has a mate and pups, and despite his exhaustion he is beyond happy
Morningsong
Elder
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
arrey, he called out to the dark wolf approaching, rising from the flowers. the large man must be a dozen seasons his junior, if not more, but they were of a similar frame. he let himself smile, shoulders relaxing, posing no threat.

(and what threat could an old man pose. . .?)

beautiful here, hai naa? he inquired casually, tail flicking behind him at the wonder of it all.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
Void dipped his head in a respectful greeting. He wasn't sure of most of the words the man spoke, but he understood him when he said 'beautiful day', so Void nodded and responded, "yes, today is quite nice. How are you?" He asked. "Oh, by the way, my name's Void." He added, sitting down next to the older man, hoping it was alright
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Morningsong
Elder
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he was pleasantly surprised by the young man's open, friendly behavior; so many wolves—especially on their own—were guarded, even after addressed with a pleasantry. his smile grew as the loner sat beside him. 

void. a solemn name, but, aditya thought as he glanced over the shadowy pelt, a fitting one.

i'm aditya, he replied. and not just a beautiful day, but a special place as well. look at all the bees! plenty of honey for a treat, if you can avoid the stings.

he chuckled lowly, and met the other's gaze. you smell of the mountains, the old man remarked. what brings you down here?
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"I don't really stay in one place. I have a semi-permanent den in the mountains but I travel often. I had a friend, Rodyn, but he joined a pack. I do not blame him, solitude isn't always  the best, but my heart leads me to start my own pack, not join one, so my goal is to do that." Void told Aditya.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Morningsong
Elder
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
achcha, aditya replied quietly, impressed by the young man's initiative. leaving a friend behind was not easy, especially to go out on one's own on what had been—at least for him—a fruitless venture.

i wish you luck, he continued. the old man tipped his head slightly in query. how many wolves have you recruited so far? and where will you settle?

he was far too old for such matters himself, but the youth in him wanted nothing more than to chase those dreams again. better to live vicariously through void's pursuit than to tackle it himself yet again.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"I have yet to recruit anyone... but it is my own fault. With all wolves except you and Rodyn, I have taken the wrong approach when meeting them. As you can probably tell from my recent scars, I was in a bad fight not long ago, one I caused, that had no point. I start fights for fun. I felt something different when I met you, and frankly was in no fit to fight, but none-the-less I approached you differently. In a way I feel I should approach all. If I approach another young wolf like myself the way I approached you, perhaps I will have a positive outcome from the interaction." Void said, thinking out loud for the most part.

"I would hope to settle up in the sunspires, which is where I feel the most comfortable, but I am lenient and open to anywhere." Void added
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Morningsong
Elder
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
adi looked at void, eyes creasing in sympathy.

achcha, yaar, i know how it goes, he said, nodding slowly. to find those willing to follow is difficult. and good on you for approaching me at all.

despite the disclaimer. he was old. he was useless. adi shuffled, slightly, absorbing this information.

what is your recruitment message? aditya asked, cocking his head.

he was old but burly, staring at void. he was not the almighty, but he had authority here.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"Uh, usually I'll attack a wolf and threaten their life? Either force them to be my mate if female, or join my pack, and if they don't, I'll try to kill them... I don't think this is working though. And I want loyal followers, not forced." Void said embarrassed.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Morningsong
Elder
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
well. . .at least the young man seemed to grasp his tactics were misguided. adi smiled throughout, even as his eyes grew troubled. he sucked in a breath for fortitude, then forged on.

you can't force anyone to your will, void, he replied. they'll do whatever they want, regardless of. . .anything, really.

he chuckled ruefully. i've applied all kinds of pressure to those meant to follow me. none of it works.

adi's eyes wandered over void. big, brutish, powerful. his dark form certainly cut an intimidating figure. but at the end of the day, sometimes it just came down to—

leadership, adi went on, is not just about strength, or force. it's about caring for those who follow you. making sure their lives are good. putting yourself before them. then they'll follow you.

and what do you know about followers, aditya?

but he knew what sparked others to not follow him.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
void nodded. "how can I show I have strong leadership though if I don't have anyone to lead yet?" Void asked, feeling that Aditya was wise in this topic and could help him out.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Morningsong
Elder
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
that was a good question. he wasn't quite sure how to answer it. adi smiled and ducked his head slightly, thinking, until he managed the words to answer void.

you learn as you go, aditya replied. but i think you demonstrate both kindness and strength. you take care of your own, but you don't let others push you around. right?

the grizzled old wolf stared at his younger counterpart, head slightly tilted.
420 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Away
"Yeah, I guess that makes sense. If i can show im strong enough and capable enough to take good care of myself then that should show I can take care of others and make them strong too?" Void said, half questioning Aditya.
-----
Health (90/100)
-
Mental Health (100/100)
Morningsong
Elder
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
he let his head wobble back and forth, shoulders lifting. that wasn't exactly what he meant, but. . . haa, kind of. but never forget to take care of others, too, adi said, smiling.

tytonidae and the family were calling. not literally, but he should return.

i must be back to my family, adi continued, looking apologetic. i wish you the best of luck, void—i hope you can gather your pack in time.

the bees parted along with them, hovering above, buzzing in the field.

maybe they would meet again.