Stone Circle björn
372 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
maybe @Inkeri? :D

bjarna often stayed close to mother bear (@Sanja) and never seemed to be much further than ear shot from her.

sometimes they had more time apart than others. bjarna did not fear these times anymore. she had bones of the stag to play with, places to nap when needed and meat seemed present still. she did not feel out of place here.

this proven by the way she clutched a rib in her jaws and found a sunny spot to flop down.

it was a wonder what a kind hand did for the girl.

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Oh gladly <3

Inkeri was learning her new place here in the wilds of the glade. Steepled between the two obelisk's. She traversed through, bringing meat or other such things that took her fancy. It was a strange sense of freedom she felt here, she no longer hid herself, keeping her body hunched. At least when she was moving about the pack lands.

She looked tirelessly for Anja, but she could never find her. After one such foray and quest, she pulled herself into the pack lands, a small rabbit in her jaw. A strong smell assaulted her, one she had noticed, but had not seen it.

So with trepidation she followed it, bloody hare dripping from her maw. She came upon a little wolf dressed in ice. A bear like face. She chuffed gently, the sound slightly muffled around the rabbit. She set it down with a simple wag of her tail. Could this one understand common or Norwegian?
Common
Norwegian

372 Posts
Ooc —
bjarna worked away at the bone, teeth marks notching it here and there. it soothed any type of aching gums and let her work away energy without all the exhaustion of moving in the sun.

somebody neared.

she turned to look at them with pale blue eyes.

this was not mother bear. was it maybe another mother bear? but for the first time, bjarna wondered why she'd need another mother bear if one was already here.

her eyes found the hare the other had dropped and she proudly declared —

borða, borða!

it was the words her mother bear had used when presenting meat.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri didn't move, letting the little one approach her. After all, she wasn't sure who she belonged too, she didn't look like Sanja. But she was too small to be away from her mother. She frowned, but was taken by surprise as the child began to parrot at her, a language similar to her own, but not her own.

She wasn't sure what it meant, but she nodded and with little difficulty, she spoke softly, remembering the word, Sanja had used for what she had presumed as yes.

Ja, borða

Though she had no idea what the other word was, the little one clearly did. Was it the word for meat? Or food? Or eat? No idea.
Common
Norwegian

372 Posts
Ooc —
this one seemed to speak mother bear's language.

bjarna could only assume that, of course, and it made sense. why wouldn't mother bear have her company speak all the same? the finer delicacies of language theories were well out of grasp of the stunted child.

but the confirmation was all she needed to bounce forward and grapple the hare that had been dropped.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A small smile graced Inkeri's face and she watched as the girl took the hare to her spot. She wasn't sure what she had said, but it was something to do with the hare and the child took it as such.

Inkeri settled to her haunches and then further down. To be near if the child should need. A slow hum in her throat as she sat near the child.
Common
Norwegian

372 Posts
Ooc —
she shredded the hare, and although it was not the easiest of work with her scrunched face, she enjoyed it all the same.

some strips she carefully set aside. a gift for mother bear!

the child devoured the hare while the polar bear nearby hummed. then, when the hare had been picked to her full, she moved closer towards the woman. nose wiggling lightly in investigative sniffing.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Kvarsheim
Veiðimaður
313 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inker watched as the youngling shredded her gift. Her little rumpled face though probably not as cute on an adult in some cases. Was adorable on baby face.

Shexste some of the meat aside and Ink was confused by it. But she had no way to comment. It was clear the child didnt speak common like Sanja.

Inker shifted to allow the child draw near. She offered her own cursory scent. She smelled like child and Sanja.
Common
Norwegian