Lion Head Mesa house of cards
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
She managed it, somehow. Ill, reeling, head pounding and liable to vomit any second, Maegi swayed her way down the chambers of Akashingo and found Ramesses's room, despite his recent marriage, despite everything.

Fuck the honeymoon, or whatever.

She had important business to discuss.

Maegi near-fell to her knees, like a bow—but it was too clumsy. She righted herself, and sucked in her breath.

Pharaoh, she called, bi-colored gaze flashing, desperate.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
beneath the celebration, beneath the lifting of grief, there was somberness for ramesses. he had not even begun to consider with whom he might warm the long-cold bed in his chambers.
he was by himself and thoughtful when maegi stumbled before him. he saw at once she was not well, and descended his throne. "what agony are you in now?" ramesses asked good-naturedly, moving to help her up if she would allow it.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
At last, she was willing to spill her deepest secrets to Pharaoh.

I'm dying, Ramesses, Maegi whispered, bi-colored gaze turned plaintively toward his.

She knelt, breathing slow but deep. Pray with me.

Silence fell upon them for a few moments, then she lifted her head, and it was cocked in query. Marry me? she asked. To Gucci, to yourself—whatever. I know that my wretched children depend upon marriage.

And she asked for Sheogorath, not for herself.

She didn't care.

Maybe he cared.

Who cared?
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
pharaoh's elegant frame froze for a moment with great indignation. satsu was not a day in her tomb and here was maegi, in jest about following suit.
he looked at her, at the flat glitter of her and the fever of her.
perhaps she was not speaking humorously. 
his voice was tight.
"marriage? why not life, maegi?" and his lazuli eyes were somehow open in this second.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Life?! she spat, shaking her head. She laughed in long, desperate heaves of breath, nose almost to the ground in her feigned mirth. She ripped her muzzle up and stared at his regal face, gaze cold.

He was grieving. And spoiled. He couldn't see.

My body seizes, and I vomit all food, Pharaoh, Maegi responded sharply. Sheogorath has taken over my being and I cannot escape. Now. Will I be married soon, or shall I go away to rot until I die?

She'd accepted it. Good. Maegi was no stranger to deterioration and now as she felt her body falter along with her mind, it was clear that this was the end.

Pharaoh was not. Vain fool.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
she was dying.
the sorrow he felt grew harsher, greater. he had never been able to be sure of his feelings when it came to maegi, but she came with the death rattle almost upon her, asking for his name and his stamp upon her lineage.
gucci was away; he could not be here for this. and —
ramesses drew her forward, settling the frailty of her body into the curve of one alabaster arm. "i will do something more, maegi. i will call you my sister."
his lips trembled; at last he did see, and a single tear marred the impeccable paleness of his cheek. "in my home, a husband and a wife might say brother and sister to one another."
ramesses thought upon all the many deaths he had witnessed.
"i will give your children the name sem-bintanath," he decided. "'children of a priestess who rose unto the sun. they will be kin to mine, cousins through the royal line of akashingo."
his voice broke. how he loathed for this to be true! how he wished to hear her voice clear of pain and fill with mockery, to say she had only been making a joke of a sort, that she would not and could not die.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
At his admission of 'brother,' she chuckled, and stumbled with it. Pharaoh, please, she whispered. I've only had two brothers. . . I would be honored to have you as mine.

As far as her parasite children—feh. She could care less.

She wriggled close to the white-gold wolf, reached her muzzle to his crown.

You have given me happiness, Maegi said fervently, and even her own gaze spilled tears. They ran down her angular cheeks, and she smiled despite them. I have found a brother in faith.

She sniffed, and lifted her head more. Say a prayer for me, Brother.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
<3;;;

say a prayer for me, brother.
it felt as though he was losing satsu again.
pharaoh was terrified. had death ever been so close to him? he was transported to his time as a young child, a memory of rooms and crying voices and a baby sibling who had been too weak to live.
but he had not seen it.
only seti.
say a prayer for me, brother.
pharaoh sang.

sister without rival,
the most beautiful of all
she is the star-goddess rising with the moon.
whoever embraces her is happy.
take her now to the halls of Ma'at,
guide her spirit now, Anubis,
embrace her now, Osiris.
take her to the land of the reeds,
take my sister to the land where there is no pain,
only joy, only dancing, only laughter.
hear the prayer of her royal brother
he says: look. she is divine. she is silver and myrrh.
she will walk where gods have trod
royal mother, royal sister, royal priestess of sem-bintanath
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She sucked in a breath, and came near to Pharaoh.

He felt like Ramsay.

Ramsay. Ramesses. Maybe it was meant to be.

She soaked in each and every word, alabaster cheek pressing close to his. She was smiling—smiling!—and she looked at him with stars in her eyes.

I think we were meant to find each other, she whispered.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
his cheeks were wet now. he marvelled at the twinning whiteness of their coat. he allowed himself to believe.
"the only sister i ever knew is a horrid person." he had spoken the same ill of her during his first interlude with maegi. "i am blessed by Amun to have been given another sister, and one better."
he hoped; prayed; fervently, she would not die.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She sucked in her breath, blocked out Sheogorath's chattering. Summoned Jaes and Jaes's majesty. That was the only thing that could suit Pharaoh.

"Rijagon ao,
Jaes rijagon ao,
ñuha lēkia,
ñuha raqiros

Mirre se sȳrje
Naejot ao se aōhon
Mirre se sȳrje
ñuha lēkia se raqiros. . .

That was all the Daedric she could manage, and she breathed out heavily, chuckling a little, swaying on her paws.

If only Miraak were here.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
she sang.
he listened; he watched with trembling lip and eyes pouring silent tears. he understood not a single word but the sound of it was a farewell, the closing prayer of a priestess.
he held her closer. ramesses refused to sob.
the daedric burned into his mind.