Redsand Canyon It's time to Strap our Boots On
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"where did you find this brother belonging to kallik?" he did not think the man would surrender his rank. his work in mereo had been far great and his efforts in epoch would be moreso. it was only the aspect of a forming pack which brought this question to mind.

"our purpose is guardianship. we can be called upon to settle conflicts. and we can be called upon to fight, ensuring that proper alliance and protocol is followed."

he paused again. "do you know the story of our enemies? it is a segue into how an unchecked temper becomes violence."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He hasn't introduced himself yet, but Reyson just introduced himself so i imagine it will work if not i will have to edit this later.

Reyson shook his head. Not brother Cousin. Merrit is his name. I found him in the Sunspire mountains. We hunted an ewe together. I brought half of the share back for the mothers and children of the pack.

Reyson listened closely and again a prickle of unease colored his innards. He had not wanted to be a guardian again, but yet here he was. He would just need to do better this time, and save them or die trying this time.

Reyson shook his head. I don't.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
sounds good! <3

germanicus was not sure what to make of reyson's hunting for what might be a rival pack. he though the use of energy a waste. but the imperator was not a diplomat. it formed good and immediate bonds to hunt as one. it was only not the action he would have chosen.

"akashingo, to our west, was once an outpost of the pack which called themselves saints of the dying light. both the former queen and current pharaoh were part of the pack. at the time i lived in akashingo, they were led only by nyra who i have mentioned. she arrived in the land to perhaps enforce them as beneath her. ramesses declared then that they were their own people. she mauled one of his servants in retribution, who later died of her injuries."

"prior to this i came to learn that the saints already had a bloodthirsty reputation. i spoke with her myself and she did not see reason then. it was therefore not surprising to hear that after she injured the woman in the palace, she killed the wife and mother of another pack called ursus. there was at least one other incident with bloodshed."

"the saints once lived here in this canyon. but they had camped elsewhere. ursus came down to lend their aid and together nyra's wolves were splintered and routed. earlier this year i was given a report of their whereabouts: they have returned to their original location, at very least her and one other."

"mereo was formed to guard the sunspire. but mereo was also formed for the purpose of an army. i have not yet decided if we will march so far upon them."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson saw no issue with hunting with another. He had gotten half the kill which would have been all he would have been able to carry had he done it on his own amyway. And he had met a new wold whom he could possibly call on in yhe future if he was of need.

Reyson listened, but didn't comment at first. His former pack had put others beneath their heel. His own parents in a sense really. They had wanted him, when diplomacy failed they took what they wanted

Has she seemed to be gathering her own army?
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"there is nothing to suggest that, at least at present. but if she has had children, who can say how they will be raised."

he sighed out his breath. "we have our own soldiers to build up here."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson nodded. This was certainly true. I will keep an eye out.

And he would. He may not like the little ones, and found their existence nerve inducing. However, they were his leaders and Maxim's and he would do his best to protect them.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus nodded. "at ease, soldier. go and rest."

he would stay as he was, wound tight enough for another spar with a new opponent.

but his mind would remain upon their conversation.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,089 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
And just like that Reyson was dismissed. Though he had found an opponent to spar, and answers to his own chaotic thoughts. So it was a fitting conversation he felt, as all conversations should be.

He bowed his head. I hope you rest today too Sir. Then without a backwards glance, he turned and headed towards his own sleeping area.