Northstar Vale Paradise
12 Posts
Ooc — The System
Joining 
@Arsenio @Tamar I'm back with a new character! <3

Finch had wandered into a range of mountains, and from them he spied an idyllic vale. Wanting a chance to rest his paws, he made his was steadily towards it — only to stop when he smelled the scents of several other wolves. This must be a claimed territory, then. Finch, being respectful, took several long paces away and then sat, calling for and awaiting leadership.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Bless your soul. You are wonderful.

A call was made on the edge of the vale. Arsenio did not want for Tamar to worry about it. He was convinced she needed rest and minimal movement. There was no moment to linger. The redstone figure trotted swiftly to the call and found a polite young man waiting at the edge. 

Greetings to you, stranger! How do you fare today? Arsenio greeted him with a toothy grin and wave of his tail. It was clear that his mood was pleasant and it showed in every inch of him.
12 Posts
Ooc — The System
A large red man approached, tail held high in friendliness and warm words to offer. Finch grinned back at him, tail thumping the ground once or twice. "Greetings! I am well, but weary, and I have travelled far." He gestured down into the vale, still smiling. "I saw this valley and could not resist." It looked like a paradise from above.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Arsenio smiled to their visitor, pleased to hear that this young man had captured the beauty of the vale in passing. He wished to extend an offer to join immediately but understood that it would have been more intelligent to collect information on the stranger.

You have a fine eye for things of that sort, then, the redstone man complimented with ease. The smile did not lessen on his features. His glacial gaze searched the other wolf warmly. Come with me and I will give you a tour, hm? If you find it agreeable, perhaps I can extend an offer for you to stay. Arsenio nodded his head with a friendly wag of his tail.
12 Posts
Ooc — The System
A tour? I'd like that very much, thank you. His tail waved once more, and he grinned, introducing himself, I'm Finch. What might I call you? The stranger was very hospitable, and seemed kind. Finch had a feeling they would get along swell.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The redstone wolf swung his head in a gesture that invited the other man to follow him. He turned on his heels and began a casual pace toward the nearest lake. Arsenio loved the water and he believed it would leave a strong first impression on the guest. 

Finch? Like a bird! A fine name. I am called Arsenio. My wife is also here in this vale. She is called Tamar. The mercenary believed she would be pleased that they had smitten a stranger with the beauty of Epoch. Finding that Finch was pleasant and polite seemed to be a blessing.
12 Posts
Ooc — The System
Finch followed Arsenio down into the valley, marvelling at the view. It was quite beauteous, and large, and he found his purple gaze quickly drawn to one of the four lakes, the closest, which Arsenio appeared to be leading him to. The valley must be quite fertile, what with so much water. Even from here, it appeared lush.

And yes, my... my mother, her favorite bird was this red finch. She said I looked just like one, he grinned, chuckling. Then, he asked, Tamar, lovely. Any others? Finch was a sociable man, and he enjoyed company more often than not.
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The mercenary enjoyed that Finch had been named for the bird his mother had loved. It seemed a kind thing to carry that, the love of a parent. The redstone man had never asked about his name. It had never been spoken with a kind tongue, at least not by his father. The other boys only spoke to him as another soldier. It was a peculiar thing to consider after having lived so many years away from it.

We are expecting young ones, Tamar and I. I hope you are fond of children, and of learning!

They stepped to the shore of one of the lakes. Arsenio waded to his ankles and drank from the surface of the water. He glanced to Finch and offered a smile. We will call our group Epoch. It is intended to be a place of learning, for all wolves. You may learn to fight or to heal. Tamar is splendid with keeping things tidy, I have asked her to show me how she does it.

Have you any skills you wish to share with others, Finch?
12 Posts
Ooc — The System
So, Arsenio and Tamar were expecting pups — a lovely thing, at least to Finch. He grinned broadly at the news, tail waving happily behind him as he cried joyfully, Ah, but children are our life's blood, are they not? Finch laughed, a hearty sound to be sure, and he sighed happily, Oh, but I do think I've found my paradise, Arsenio. To have the chance to educate, and be educated, in a heavenly place such as this?

But, what skills did he, Finch, bring to the table? After a moment's thought, he answered, I am a people person. I love to help. Perhaps I could give counsel? Then, as an afterthought, he said, I am no warrior, but perhaps I could learn to heal, as well, should it be necessary.

Thinking advisor, mediator or coach, and therapist! <3
Raventhorpe
NPC
676 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Beautiful! I think those are awesome trades. If you want to do one more post, we can wrap this up. I'm going to trot off to make us a new one so we can introduce Finch to Tamar. ^^ <33

The mercenary liked this man. He was joyous and open with his words. It was a stark difference to the company that Arsenio had kept in years prior. Finch would make a find addition to their numbers, he thought. At once, he wanted to introduce the newcomer to his wife. Tamar would have been thrilled that they had found a member to join their vale paradise.

Talking about Finch’s skills, Arsenio drew his features into a thoughtful expression. Their pleasant newcomer had skills that they did not already have in their midst. It would be good to have a voice of reason in their numbers, someone who could teach the young ones to keep a level head.

I think those are fine skills! It is important to have strength in words and in conversation, hm? If you wish to learn to heal or battle, you may learn those things, as well. The redstone wolf nodded his head in agreement with his own words. A swift grin split his features. Arsenio waved his tail and gestured toward the heart of their vale home.

Come, let me introduce you to Tamar. She will be pleased to have another in our paradise.
12 Posts
Ooc — The System
Grinning, Finch dipped his head in agreement, and he would follow after Arsenio at a trot. He was a newcomer to these lands, but already he had found a home. His spirits were high as they went down into the vale.