Noctisardor Bypass Paths
74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 
Thought we could use a more up to date thread ;) For @Inkeri!

It was hot, and the sun had long since burned the clouds from the sky. The valley was dreadfully humid with the lake, and the coyote lounged in it now, shoulder deep. The water was nice, and it lapped against him, almost lulling him. He thought of Inkeri — they had been living here for some time now. But the question was, where were they going to go next? Lifting his muzzle to the glaringly blue sky, the coyote called for the wolf.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Physical Health (100/100)

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Lucius is currently experiencing some anxiety.
Loner
-Only the gentle are ever really strong. -
309 Posts
Ooc — Danni
<3

Inkeri had been nose deep into the forest floor, when she heard the howl. She turned towards it and loped towards him. Lucius was still here, she was so glad. She missed Anja, but the pain subsided a little more everyday. There was still worry, but she had realized she couldn't worry as much, and much of her dependency that she had pushed onto Anja, was now foisted onto Lucius, which truth be told wasn't fair, but she didn't know how to fix it.

Hello. She smile at the coyote as he enjoyed he water. She pressed a paw step forward and held it there in the water. It was cool, but did she want to get the whole way in.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
"Inkeri," the coyote greeted his friend, tail waving and sending water droplets everywhere. "Oops," he giggled. He hoped he hadn't gotten her wet. He waded closer to her. "I was just thinking... Are we planning on staying here?"
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
309 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri made a decision and more fimly stepped into the water. Her bulk making small waves. A rare smile of absolute joy lit up her face. She placed her nose down in and lifted it quickly watching the water droplets skirt across the top.

She looked to him. What do you want? I need to learn to weigh council and think?
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
What did he want? "I want to stay with you," the words were out before he really even knew what he said. His face grew hot. "I mean, I... I want us to stick together." It did not matter where they went.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
309 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri felt a skittering of something deep in her chest, the few minutes that she waited for him to decide. Though she wanted him to say with her. To help her. She also realized that she had relied on others far too much in her short life. Specifically Anja. She had made Anja's burden bigger, deeper and she needed to remedy that. And she would start little by little. She knew she would continue to want to please and to take everything said personally, but she also was determined to try and work through it, instead of shutting down. The few weeks of quiet and aloneness had shown her. She could do it, if she only tried.

However, his words brought a small shy smile to her face and she tilted her head forward to brush against him again. There was something between the two, she could feel it, but she had no name in common for it. And she couldn't even quite explain it yet. So she was excited to get to know him more. To have him near. And Sanja would accept him, she was certain.

She pushed the rest of the way in and wound around him. Showing her joy. To overwhelmed to speak at least in a language he would understand.

jeg vil også det She coughed and spoke hurriedly I am sorry. I cannot do your english when emotional. I said I want that too.Too.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lucius had never seen his parents share much affection — his father had been stern, strict, and brooding, where his mother had been soft, gentle, and kind. Polar opposites, but they had made it work. That being said, Lucius had never had "the talk" with his parents, nor had they ever talked about future relationships. So, Lucius was blind and ignorant to all of it... but he knew he liked Inkeri.

He wanted to stay near her, to keep her safe just as she kept him safe. He enjoyed her company, and he enjoyed providing for her now. It made him feel useful, for the first time in his life.

Inkeri moved into the water, and she wrapped her larger body around his. She said nothing at the moment, but he thought she liked him, too. And he was too cowardly to say anything about it. After a few moments, she spoke a tongue unknown to him, but then she translated, and he grinned broadly, pressing into her.

"Maybe you should teach me your language..." He began to groom through her wet fur.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
309 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Perhaps Inkeri was wrong, with her affection. But she often gave it freely. So touch starved from her youth. That it was hard to not be greedy for the small bits of physicality that she was allowed, with her sister, and now wolves she was beginning to care for as friends and more. Her parents had loved each other, once upon a time, but their families hatred had drawn a wedge and killed her father. She liked to think he'd love them more than her mother did.

Inkeri did not have words for her affections for Lucius. They were not there yet. But she knew given the right time and affection it could grow if they wanted it too. She was however wary of it. She was after all a wolf and he a coyote, they would be looked down upon in some aspects. But she would not let that cowl her.

Inkeri purled softly at his ministrations and bobbed he head. I can teach. Teach. It is not hard, just..mm lengthy.

Her brow furrowed. Fisk means fish. [hover-river]Elv[/hover] for river.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
As he groomed Inkeri, Lucius found himself mentally drifting, the sound of her voice lulling him into a sort of stupor. He found he enjoyed hearing her native tongue, but he was struggling to follow along. He worked a knot from Inkeri's shoulder, gently, then he left the water.

Most of him was drenched, and he shook out his pelt swiftly. "You think that fish we dried is ready by now?" He was getting a little hungry.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
309 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Inkeri was surprised when he swiftly moved away and out of the water. She watched him a little confused. He had asked to learn, hadn't he? She had only taught a couple of words. She swallowed the heaviness in her throat and followed him. Though she moved a little further away to shake out her pelt. The black and white and grey of her mottled pelt, dancing in the sunlight.

It should be. Be. She answered as she continued to shake, ears forward, and a small shiver from her tail base.
Common
Norwegian

74 Posts
Ooc — The System
Last from me, and I was hoping most of the language could be taught BTS! <3

Lucius was getting hungry, but he had no desire to hunt today. It was simply too hot. Let's get it, and you can teach me more while we eat? He grinned at Inkeri, tail swaying, then would lead her to the dried fish, so they could eat. After, he would happily spend the rest of the day with Inkeri, learning her mother tongue. It made him feel closer to her.
"Common." · "Norwegian."

Lucius is healthy.

Mental Health (90/100)

Loner
309 Posts
Ooc — Danni
[quote="Lucius" pid='535302' dateline='1660314057']
I am fine with that :)

Inkeri followed behind him. Giving herself another vigorous shake. The water leaping from her to dance along the air and into the ground. She wasn't as hungry as he. She actually was not fond of eating when it was so very hot. She would take a bite here and there, and teach. She liked to teach.
Common
Norwegian