Nimbus Summit I've been moving on and living my life
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
@Antha He is ready!

His nose picked up a scent that was a strong one. It told the male that there was a pack nearby. Though, perhaps not as strong as a big pack would have. The mixed scent was definitely from a number of individuals however, it seemed much of the same individuals. Jasper was curious enough to move in closer, taking in the scents that warned others not to get any further. He was respectful of them.

The sandy-toned male looked ahead, he had been aiming towards those mountains. The male had never really settled himself somewhere. He had always lived a nomadic lifestyle, even with his parents. It took him a while to find who he was, and what he stood for. Though, sometimes that was still a bit hard. He knew he had come over those mountains with his sister. Perhaps she had settled here somewhere, he would love to know how she was. But he also wasn't pinning his whole life to a search for her.

The male took in the large mountain, he was pretty sure he didn't see the peak. Jasper stood there for a moment admiring the view and taking from what he could see. He continued along the border, casually strolling while respecting the scented marks.
170 Posts
Ooc —
in the wake of her abrupt ascension, antha frequented the borders surrounding nimbus summit. she left the children in tessa's care on these excursions, though she was careful to set aside time for each of them throughout the day. it was, in a word, exhausting.
and though she tried to keep resentment from her heart, she could not help but harbor anger toward issorartuyok. for abandoning her. for abandoning their children. they deserved better.
the scent of a strange male near atautsikut's borders interrupted these thoughts. unsettled by the abrupt and silent appearance, she took a moment to calm herself and put on a friendly face. it was likely he meant no harm, she knew, but the pack had dwindled. could they defend against even one intruder?
she followed the trail until she found a tall, golden-furred stranger, and chuffed amiably to catch his attention. hello, antha offered a smile as she closed the distance between them. this is atautsikut, and i'm antha, one of its leaders. what brings you to our borders?

Common || Scottish Gaelic
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Jasper turned when he heard a chuff behind him. He hadn't realized he had attracted some attention. He turned and his eyes fell on a female quite similar to him in coloring. Only her darker tones were more reddish. His head dipped politely when she mentioned that she was one of the leaders. "I am Jasper. I didn't think my passing would attract any attention," he admitted. While his stature was large, he was friendly in his demeanor. His tail was relaxed, gently waging behind him.

"Curiosity mostly," he returned to the female, with a hint of a chuckle at the end of his sentence. He felt a little guilty for some reason even though he had stayed respectful of their borders. Maybe because he felt a bit of a voyeur creepily smelling their scents. That was maybe not the first impression he wanted to make. "You get quite some information from a pack by taking note of the scents that mark the border. So I went and satisfy my curiosity," he explained. "If you want me to leave, I will go. I didn't intend to cause trouble."

A gust of wind gave him a hint of why the female might be protective. When he gave her body a closer look, he realized that she might be a mother. He didn't want to assume though. But ignited some more curiosity within him. None of the scents on the border had the testosterone one expected from a male, were there not any males here? He had heard of packs that only allowed females in their ranks. Maybe this was one of those!
170 Posts
Ooc —
jasper; a loner by the scent of him, but not such a threat at first glance. no, he struck her as kind, perhaps even trustworthy. it's no trouble, she assured him, smiling gently. you'll have to forgive my wariness; our numbers have dwindled in the last weeks, and we aren't as well-defended as i would like with young children in our ranks.
atautsikut is open to those who mean no harm, however. perhaps you'd like to take a look around? she offered in the next beat. a supervised tour could do no harm, she reasoned, and perhaps jasper would find an interest in their small pack.

Common || Scottish Gaelic
41 Posts
Ooc — Mar
It seemed the female wasn't intent on sending him away right this second. That was quite pleasurable. The male dipped his head. "Ah yes. That does make things difficult," he agreed. He now wondered if they had enough wolves to provide for their young. But that seemed too forward to ask. It did worry him a little that they had young children and they weren't as protected. However, he also knew one couldn't be everywhere all at once.

Jasper raised his brows at the offer. A glance around in a territory, invited into a home. He wouldn't say no to that. He was a curious wolf with an eagerness to learn. "If you are comfortable with that, then I accept,' he spoke with a nod. "Prepare for questions though, feel free answer the ones you like," he chuckled, stepping closer to the border. First off, how small was the small pack, that was what he was eager to find out.