Redsand Canyon Spend it up however we like
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
Hey! C'mon, you gotta see this. Tierra didn't slow down or stop to announce herself as she stuck her head into the den where @Sybol was staying. She was too excited to show off what she'd spotted (and a little worried it would be gone before they made it).

Could he walk yet? Whatever, she could probably help him or something. He was the only friend she had who would be properly excited! And who would actually want to talk about it!

We gotta go before it leaves! Is your leg better? She fidgeted impatiently, inching towards the exit all the while.

new one for us!! I'll have to sort out what the cool thing is when we get there XD
-Signing.- | Speaking. | -Signing & speaking.-
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Sybol knew his best friend's voice well. At least that was what she was to him. He couldn't wait to start making more friend's once he could move better. Lady Aquene had said he'd be better soon. He thought he must be getting close but he knew he depite how his ankle may be feeling it would take time to regain the strength it had before. He would be slower than before and Tierra sounded like she wasn't waiting.

He scrambled up, gingerly baring weight on his ankle. It had been nearly the amount of time that he had been told he needed to rest before he'd be well again, more or less. He didn't pass out, and he didn't yelp. But he wasn't sure a speed race would be the greatest idea for it but he shrugged, if it started bothering him he'd carry it up and run on 3 instead of 4 legs, it'd been the way he'd traveled for what seemed like a hundred miles to find help.

He rushed out of the den after his friend shouting after her, "yaknow I think I might actually he all better!" It was exhilarating to be on all fours again, but he had no hope of keeping up with Tierra. "I'm not gonna be able to keep your pace though, I gotta rebuild the muscle. Oh and the imperator says I gotta acquaint myself with hunting. Wanna go with sometime? You can watch me fall on my face." He snorted.

"Who should I make friends with first, other than you obviously? He asked her, adding on the last bit with a note of sarcasm.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Fiiiiine, we'll go at your pace, slowpoke. Tierra teased but it wasn't hard to see that she was also immensely pleased that he was able to come with. She'd half expected him to have to turn her down, in which case she could have offered to carry him, but... no. That would have looked totally lame for both of them. Now Kallik wouldn't have anything to say about Sybol being a waste of space or whatever he probably thought. Like Tierra wouldn't know better than that, pshhh.

They're really huge, I bet they won't move. She added, more for the sake of her own impatience than for him. Tierra did slow down to a walk then, letting him catch up and pacing herself with him.

Duh! If you gotta work out, that means you'd have to do all the chasing. I could totally track some stuff and scare it out, and I bet between the two of us we could catch loads of good stuff. Man, it would be so cool if they could hunt now! If they brought one of these down.... but no, even Tierra wasn't that stupid. She wasn't even sure she could get her teeth into one.

She rolled her eyes when he asked about other friends. Truth was, she thought she'd have made way more by now. She took it more as a sign that the pack was totally lame than as a failure of her own, though, and she didn't have a whole lot to say. Luckily that didn't ever mean she wouldn't say a lot.

There's hardly anyone. Glaukos is the worst, I promise, don't even bother. He'll just stare at you like you suggested he shove a stick up his ass. Which, maybe I would have, if it didn't already have one. She laughed. My mom's cool, but she's mom. You know? And Maxim and Germanicus are pretty much always busy. Everyone's just super lame and trains all the time. She sighed dramatically, then had a thought. I guess there's Killdeer, though? He was Caracal's friend - my dumb brother - but he might be down for some stuff. Fennec Tierra didn't even know, but she reminded the girl way too much of Glaukos to even bother with.

rolled to see what it was and it's gonna be a herd of buffalo :D up near the canyon rim. I'll add them in next post or two unless you want him to spot them!
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
He was grateful when she slowed down for him, his ankle was already starting to throb a bit from the abrubt introduction to activity. He began to limp slightly but tried his best to hide it. oooopppsiieee. His brain immediately sang.

One thing did occur to him though which excited him immensely. Hey! It doesn't sound like you're talking to me from inside a cave anymore! And I can keep up with what you're saying." His brain had been muddied for what felt like weeks, he'd struggled to sort through and communicate. A new clarity had found him, and he felt like he could finally understand her.

[b]"You should tell me more about these people"
Sybol's nose lifted to the air. Where could she possibly be taking them? He honestly wasn't familiar with the scent that hit him, but he knew it was close.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
For those who only knew Tierra in passing, their friendship might have seemed strange. For anyone that knew Tierra, it would make perfect sense. He listened to her, seemed to hang on every word, and constantly confirmed how great she was. He also never got weirdly defensive when she talked about their packmates, which was a huge plus. Sometimes wolves were just too sensitive. She wasn't being mean, she was just being honest.

Maybe that's because we aren't in a cave anymore? She laughed, getting that he was talking about something else but still finding the joke very funny.

More?! Okay. My mom's awesome, you should definitely meet her. I think my sister's here, but she's kind of a weirdo. She'd blind and super bitchy, at least, from what I've seen. Tierra rolled her eyes. I tried to say hi to her and she just ignored me. So she's probably a waste of time too. I haven't asked him, but I bet Killdeer is totally hating her being here. I would, if my mom was like that. Luckily Towhee was nowhere near it.

Germanicus isn't the worst, I guess, when he trains you. I think he just tries to seem mean since he's the leader. Maybe mean wasn't actually the right word. Stern?

On that tangent, she kind of forgot where she was in the list. It wasn't super important, anyway. I actually was going to ask about scouting, sometime. Sometimes loners are super weird, but it would be cool to maybe find someone and recruit them, if they were awesome enough.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
omg the formatting was a mess in that last post I'm so sorry!

His stomach did weird things when she laughed and his brow furrowed in confusion. Wherewegoing? He asked quickly the words spilling out in an incoherent blubber of sound. He shook himself and tried again. Where are we going again? He asked, pausing in his movement so that his words came out clearer.

His body got all weird and he felt like he was on fire, he wasn't sure what to do. He looked at the wolf beside him. His best friend and confident, confused. She kept talking, and he was thankful for that. What's your mom and sisters name? He asked curiously, thankful for the question that popped in his head.

Sybol burst out laughing in a snort and started back up at a sprint, no clue where he was going when she talked about loners being weird. Loners are definitely weird, at least I'm not one of them anymore. He waved his tail happily. Thank you, again.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
With all of her chattering on, Tierra had actually almost forgotten what they came out to do. Seemed like Sybol was struggling as well as he stumbled over the question. Tierra took it as the compliment it was, though a part of her was giddy too. Despite her confidence, and her claims of experience, she'd never been chased by anyone in that way. It wasn't her main goal in her friendship with Sybol but it was definitely one of them. She really liked holding the cards like that.

Towhee and Fennec. Fennec's the one to avoid. And we're looking for.... there! Woah, we almost missed it!

They were behind them. Tierra spun, brushing Sybol's side with her tail in the process to get him to turn. Look! They're huge!

There was a herd of buffalo grazing near the lip of the canyon. Only a few were visible, but even from this far away, they stood out against the sky clearly. I thought they were just rocks at first. But they're actually moving. I bet even Germanicus couldn't take one of those alone. The pack probably could. Actually, that might be a lot of fun, if she let them know they were here! A few months ago she wouldn't have even dreamed of wanting to do something like that, but training had stoked her interest in challenges. It would probably feed the pack for, like, ever though! At least weeks.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
At the brush of her tail Sybol's body felt like it got electrocuted and his eyes almost popped out of his head. He followed her, dumbfounded. Staring not at the creatures but at her, tilting his head sideways. At her continued words he finally turned to see the massive beasts in the distance.

What ARE those things? He asked her, his attention shifting back to her again. They don't smell very good, you smell better, uh not that I um want to eat you or anything... He said belatedly rambling.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
tossing an m on here just in case XD we'll fade before it gets too spicy though

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: innuendo and themes

Sybol's reaction was better than Tierra even expected. He wasn't paying much attention to what she'd brought him out to see but she found she didn't really mind. She was too busy enjoying his adorable discomfort and the way he was looking at her. It was like he couldn't focus on anything else.

Yeah? What if I didn't mind? She teased, but this time her tone was different. Despite lacking experience, she knew how to sound inviting.

There wasn't any problem in having a little fun. He definitely seemed hesitant, but she was willing to see if it was just nerves. There was something she'd seen that she could try to help - it couldn't really hurt, right? It's not so bad. I can show you. As she came in closer, she leaned in, nibbling at the fur along his neck, near his jawline.
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Mature 
Sybol found himself at a complete loss for words. He found himself letting out low rumbles in response to her touches. Sounds he'd never heard himself make before. Not bad, good. He managed to get out. He reciprocated the touch, nibbling on the sensitive skin behind her ear and running his tail along her body, letting out another contented rumble. He wasn't sure what he was feeling, but lost in the moment as he was, he didn't even care.
356 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh, it definitely was good. She let out an appreciative sound of her own as he returned the gesture, surprised despite herself. She knew it was something enjoyable but she didn't know it would be like this. Especially when he got around her ear. She shifted, pressing closer to him, and let out a small whine. Don't stop.

She would take this experience as far as he was willing to go. Preferably all the way, and her body language wasn't hard to read. She wanted to learn. She also wanted to keep this feeling lasting as long as she could.

we can pick up after here or have a new thread? <3
72 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Fade and new thread? <3

Sybol would continue to explore in touches, nibbles, and licks. Each sensation a new one, spurring him on. He wanted the moment to continue forever. The responses he got from Tierra pulled more and more from him. Sybol would stay with her until the sun set and rose again if he had his way.