Ouroboros Spine We Flew On Golden Wings
-I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.-
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
All Welcome 
Because i'm greedy. @Kukutux

Sandulf had left Thessalina months ago. Though he missed his sister. He also knew that it was time to separate. She had chosen her life with Rom, and it was not Sandy's place to ask otherwise. Though as he had traveled he had caught the scent of home, but far away from home and he had followed it. About week three into following it he had realized it was Rodyn and Virien the males born after he and Thess. But the other one, smelled like those two and mother, but he didn't know it. He would come to find out, it was a younger sibling still.

He followed Rodyn's which was the strongest in the area to the edge of a pack land. He had caught a rabbit and it hung from his jaws, and he slowly settled it to his feet. Mother had always taught them to bring a gift when you were visiting. He lifted his nose and howled out for any who knew his brother. He just wanted to be sure he was alright. Maybe catch sight of the boy that was now a man. Make sure he was being treated right.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
he was larger than she, with a scarred and wild look to him. and yet somehow he was familiar. kukutux did not know his story.

there was blood on the air. it mingled with his own scent. moonwoman pulled a grey pelt around her shoulders into a wrap and went to answer the call.

now she stood before him and watched him. her chin lifted with pride. "this is village moonglow. why have you called?"
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandulf saw the small wolf coming. He averted his eyes, bowed his head and tucked his tail further. She was a white one. Once upon the time, the color had surprised him. Not so much anymore.

He pushed the rabbit forward, but didnt step near her. Keeping his seat and his manners.

Greetings. I apologize for bothering you, but I caught scent of my littl brother here. And truthfully i just wanted to make sure he was well. I'm Sandulf Ardeth. This rabbit is a gift. Our mama always said to arrive with a gift.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i know the name of ardeth." kukutux took what the man offered to her. "you are brother to rodyn. and your mother is wise woman."

the feeling in her chest was similar to the experience of meeting first issorartuyok and then tuuluuwaq. 

and rodyn was posed to marry into the family of moonwoman and sun man. what sort of man was this? "he is well. he will become trader." her jadestone eyes watched sandulf. "i am kukutux. walk with me."

moonwoman turned gently. perhaps he might carry the rabbit.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandulf chuckled at her correct assumption of their mother. I'd say she is, but i'm a bit bias when it comes to mama. Lord knows that woman didn't have it easy with their dad. He wasn't a mean wolf by any means, but strict and strong and forebearing.

Yes Rodyn is my little brother. He was born about a year after me. 

He grasped the rabbit and followed behind her at her words to walk with him. He stepped into paw step with her, making sure to stay on the outside of her line of territory, but keep her near him so as to not allow anyone to sneak up on them either. A gentleman always walked on the outside.

He lay the rabbit down for a moment, never talk with your mouth full. Then he asked a question and lifted it up again. 

What's a trader?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"he is a hunter who goes out and travels far. he might bring soft white doe skins from these forests, and give them for caribou meat in the taiga. or perhaps he goes to the long salt water, and gives caribou meat for polished and pretty shells."

"then he goes to a place that is warm and gives the shells for honey. he gives the honey to the village in the flat places, and receives bison horn in return."

she was smiling. moonglow was alive with activity. children played in their path as they walked slowly to the ulaq.

"he goes to the forest and gives bison horn for antlers taken from a very old child of brother deer. good ivory."

she laughed.

"there is a song with these words. at the end it says the trader returns home and offers the good ivory to the woman he wishes as wife."
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandulf listened closely to her words. Eyes on the prize so to speak, down as he followed, watching out for the other wolves. He felt a little strange to be in territory that wasn't his own.

Our family hails from hunters. He'll do well at that.

Sandulf was mindful of running paws of little ones. He didn't wish to accidentally step on one. This was a glorious village. His little brother had done well for himself. 

Her next words caught him off guard. Rodyn's is planning on taking a wife is he? Well i'll be.

He chuckled at that he was proud of the youngling. He used to follow the hunters. He would be so tiny and we would be ranging far and wide, and he'd follow along, until he could barely stand on his paws. Then we'd have to carry him aways. He likes noise, strange thing always listening to the ground and feeling it. Hunting is our trade, but it's something different for Ro. Something different.

There was pride and love and acceptance of the wolf his brother was in his voice. His family was from good ones. They had a few bad seeds. Every family did, but for the most part. Theirs was a good one.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she smiled. "you must share words with him. i am not sure what is decided." she would not speak for the man. the brothers would talk in their own way.

sandulf spoke well of rodyn. kukutux thought upon this.

"do you look for a village of your own?" she asked gently. she indicated that he should sit beside her at the ulaq.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandulf returned the smile. I will. Before I leave the area. Though I will call him on neutral territory.

Sandulf had not know Rodyn much into adulthood. So he couldn't necessarily speak on the man he had become, as of yet. But he could speak of when he was younger. An older brother's observations. Tempered in affection and even yes some irritation. After all, he was a little brother. And Little brothers could be annoying.

Sandulf nodded. I do. But I am not sure where yet. I'm not at peace as my brother is in forests.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
yes. her pale ears lifted.

"it would be a strength to moonglow if a brother of skilled hunter rodyn came to live in moonglow."

she gestured to the woodland as well as the mountains around them. "tayanaq, they go many places. see many things. it is not only forest in the eyes of a hunter."

kukutux waited for sandulf's response.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
He warred with indecsion. He could stay. Lord knows he needed a rest. He thoughton ut and ndded.

Would I be able to leave in Peace if something came up that i felt a need to follow?

You would want me to be trader as Ro?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she was quiet. thoughtful. "your brother trades for a bride-price. i would send you to trade with our friends, and to find new ones."

alliances. that was the word. 

she looked to sandulf. "if you must leave, only tell it to my ears. i will not have anger."
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandulf nodded his head. I will stay for now. 

He was momentarily surprised that Rodyn had found a bride so quickly, however also not. He had been a gentleman even as a child. There was no envy in his heart. Only concern. Thess had entered into a mate ship rather quickly and it had not been good. 

Though the wolves here, seemed kinder. There was still a wariness to him about it.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
her small teeth glinted with a smile. 

"then you will not have to go across the borders to meet rodyn."

they would eat, and then she would take him to the most recent trail of his brother, allowing him to proceed alone.