Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Rodyn had a large array of items around him. There was a pouch he had made crudely together with small fish bones pressed hard through the top and bottom to make something to carry, a braided willow branch had been sewn right with it. He had placed a purple paw print atop it, and made a crude drawing of a flower with a stick and the berry.

His paws still bore the nicks and notches from pushing the bones through the pouch when leaned against the rock. The willow branches had proven difficult to, though bendy, he had settled them side by side, with a rock on the top and each line over secting the next and he had pulled them tight with his teeth, he probably still had willow bark in his crevices. He had made two of those.

One for @Lótë and One for @Kukutux Moonwoman, though moonwoman he had used a different flower his mother had taught him that had made yellow dye. This he had painted a bright yellow moon atop.

On his other side lay fish bones braided between sections of willow. This he hoped to give to @Callyope and @Samani. They made sounds when the wind blew threw them. Sounds he was quite partial too. But with samani's he had also made a small braided willow, big enough to fit around a paw or a shoulder, with feathers of different colors braided throughout.

Now he lay chewing at the marrow of a deer bone, his thoughts on what he could make Shikoba, Mojag, Aiolos, Stratos, and Quarida.

The tags are for references to the gifts. Lote that one will be what he brings to the thread with you, but the others all of you can make reference to having if you wish. And I can also do a thread for them too if you like :)
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The young girl had been thinking of Rodyn many times since their meeting. She had pictured taking him to the sea, showing him the way the waters arrived at the sand and washed over them, glistening them beneath the light of the sun. She had thought of hunting in the woods and the shadows of the trees dancing across his autumnal colored pelt. It had left her feeling wistful and she had found herself spending a great deal of her time alone.

As she journeyed through Moonglow, Samani found herself instinctively searching for the familiar colors of his fur. She imagined bumping into him, of sharing a laugh and relishing the sounds of his voice. The hunter man had enchanted her.

When she found herself stepping into the man’s work, she froze. This was not an idle daydream, no… this was Rodyn working to create something with his paws and his teeth. He looked deep in his thoughts. Samani almost did not wish to disturb him. The flurry of feathers in her stomach urged her a step forward. The moon girl smiled before lifting her snout and chuffing to him.

Hello, Rodyn… it is good to see your face, she said gently. What are you working on?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Since his talk with Kukutux. Rodyn's mind had been spinning. And the only way to calm it was with hunting and crafting. And noise. He loved to listen and feel. But his mind always returned to Samani. Peachy, kind, Samani. He didn't know what life had in store for them, or if she would choose another or what would have you, but he was excited to see where it went.

A chuff drew his attention from his gnawing and he lifted his gaze. His eyes fell upon Samani and he smiled at her crooked and sweet. Heya Samani! You're back!

He stood and moved forward to offer her a nudge if she would allow. Then he would turn back to the stuff at his feet, but staying near her. The warmth from her fur, reaching his, though he didn't touch her.

gifts. I was working on gifts

He nosed at the pouches first. I made these for Lote and Moonwoman. Those fish bones are sharper than they seem. He lifted up one of his paws to show her the marks of pricks in his foot pads.

He moved one of the noise makers closer and lifted it slowly between teeth. He moved it gently and it tinkled and rang as it banged against each other.

I made one of these for both you and Callyope. I love the sound they make. And I also.

He lay it down gently looked uncharacteristically shy, but he nosed the willow bracelet/band forward. I made this for you. I thought the feathers would look really pretty in your fur, and it can be put on a ankle or a shoulder and tightened with teeth.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The greeting that was returned to her was warm and sweet. The crinkling of his eyes made her stomach flip excitedly, though she could not have said why. When he moved to nudge against her, she did not shy away from him. Instead, the girl of the moon lifted her snout to his cheek where she planted the softest of kisses. Her cheeks grew warm after she had pulled back, searching over the gifts that he said he had been preparing. Interest was clear on her features. She had not asked him out of politeness, but genuine intrigue.

As Rodyn covered the various items he was preparing, Samani listened closely. Her ears were drawn to a tall point upon her peachy head. He had made items for her mother and for Lote. They were both carefully crafted and appeared to the girl to be things she had never seen before. The craftsman had a strong talent, it seemed.

When Rodyn presented something that he had made for her, the girl of the moon stirred. Her heart thrummed so hard in her chest that she feared he might hear it, feel it, simply by standing so near to her. The gift that he offered her was a beautiful item, strewn from willow and decorated with feathers that glittered with the touch of the sun.

You… her voice was reverent, hushed to a whisper. You made this for… me?

Samani’s gaze filled with love. She broke her stare from the bracelet and fixed it to Rodyn’s face. Tears of happiness threatened to spill from her eyes, but she held herself firm.

It’s beautiful…
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn shuddered under her touch, uncharacteristic. He leaned into it for a moment. A bashful grin on his face as his own cheeks warmed. A gentle sigh stirred from his throat.

Rodyn had been unsure if they would work. I wasn't certain the pouches would work and it took quite a few tries. But i got it in the end. he touched the pouches gently with a paw.

Rodyn was emensely pleased with his gift for Samani alone. It had taken much pulling and the feathers had been awful to put in the tiny holes with teeth but he found out if he plqced them in the dirt he could then loop and braid the willow with his teeth.

He chuckled and moves a footpaw. Yes.

She met his gaze and his heart tightened and clenched against his ribcage and he smiled brilliantly his own eyes sparkling a little extra.

It won't last forever but i can make you a new one when the time comes too.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I love it, she said hurriedly, as though the words had forced their way from her lips and into the open. She meant that. It was incredibly kind that he had created something for her, that he had even thought to do something so thoughtful and genuine. Samani felt quite sad that she had not considered bringing something to him. He had gone through all that trouble to make the gift and she had arrived with nothing more than eyes that longed to study the lines of his face a little closer. It was not enough…

Would you mind helping me? Put- To put it on, Samani inquired of him. She was not certain how he believed it could be fastened, but she would hold still and watch so that she could learn. The young girl hoped that she wouldn’t do anything to break it free. It would be a terrible loss, if Rodyn’s gift slipped away from her.

The moon girl shifted on her paws, acutely aware of how restless she felt.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn dipped his muzzle and studied her face. Glad that she liked her gift. Rodyn did not expect anything in return. He just had wanted to give her something, something from him. That no one else had. He wasn't certain of the why's only that it had been a feeling that he had embraced fully and it seemed to be a good thing.

Rodyn moved forward. Oh yea sure.

With gentle paws, he pushed the willow braid near her own, and bent his head, he looked up at her with a kind smile, eyes dancing, laughter on his face. And then slowly looped it around her paw, leaving it slack. It was longer than it needed to be so he could loop it. So with one paw holding it, and teeth grasping it, he looped it gently over the other and tugged with his teeth up, not tight, yet. He was mindful not to pull her fur. Though white teeth grazed peachy fur anyway as he pulled it up to her shoulder, and tugged it tight.

thorry. He spoke through a mouthful of willow. Then he snapped the ends off with his canines.

There you go.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The sea girl was overwhelmed with emotion she did not understand. She maintained a cool expression, allowing Rodyn to work on moving the gift to the proper place. He even offered the girl a muffled apology. Her cheeks scored red, and she looked to him with a small smile upon her lips.

Do not apologize, Samani spoke in a hushed voice.

Once he had fastened it, the girl turned her head and admired the work. Rodyn was a great talent. He was a craftsman and a fine hunter. Samani believed that Kukutux would be pleased with his many great attributes. She could hardly pull her eyes from the feathers. They brushed against her fur and rose the flesh underneath with goosebumps.

I will run with the speed of the birds, now. It is all thanks to you, Rodyn, Samani said, finding her composure. She looked to the hunter man and stepped forward, nudging beneath his chin in warm display of her thanks. You are a very talented man.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn shuddered as he stepped way, unsure what to do with the feeling of warmth beneath his fur, and the itchiness of his pelt, but he wagged his tail instead, and looked to her with a smile. She looked sweet with her rosy cheeks.

Rodyn stood back, watchful as she studied his gift. His heart hammering a mile a minute. Hoping she liked it. If she didn't that was okay too. She didn't need to. But the feathers were beautiful against the peachy hue of her pelt.

Rodyn chuckled. Birds are might fast. I am glad that it will add to your skills.

Rodyn took a small breath as she touched him beneath his chin, eyes closing halfway, while a gentle sound rumbled in his chest, but he said nothing more.

I don't know about that. It took quite some time, and I had to practice with leaves first, didn't want to ruin the feathers before I was able to finish it for you.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It’s the perfect gift, Rodyn, Samani assured him.

The sea girl would treasure the item until it had turned to fray and could not cling to her the way that it did in that moment. She would make sure that she kept his present for as long as she could, until she could no longer remember the warmth that he had created in the pit of her stomach, or the swiftness of her heart as he had helped to secure the bracelet.

Tell me of your other gifts, she spoke quickly, eager to see what skills he could show her. I am sure that you have a talent for it. I hope you might be able to teach me so that I can make you something, too.

Though it wasn’t necessary, Samani wanted to share something with the tradesman. She wanted to have worked and slaved away until she had the perfect gift, which she would present to him. Thoughts of her future sprouted in her mind. She didn’t know where all of this might go, but she knew that she didn’t want to experience anything more than the company of the man in front of her.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled. As long as it's perfect for you that's all that matters.

He already had plans to make more for her, for when this one were to fall apart, because it would he knew this. IT was not something built to last, but that was what he was for. HE would continue to make them no matter how long she wanted them, until he couldn't anymore.

Rodyn scuffed his paws and motioned towards them. Nothing to send word home about. But these two pouches. I made from rabbit fur, used willow branches and the like toh old them together. Mother taught me of dies. So i was able to put pictures on them, however crude. They are for your mom and Lote to carry their bones, or their herbs or whatever they have need of. The hardest part was the braiding of the willow through holes. It left as many holes in my paw pads as the skin really.

With gentle paws he pulled the fish bones and willow forward. Their gentle tinkling sound, ringing throughout the entire area they were in. Loud and clear and trilling.

This is for you and Callyope. You hang them near your homes and they make music, or pretty noise when the wind blows through them.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The girl could have listened to him speak on his craft for hours. The time it must have taken to create each piece was something special. He must have worked for hours. These gifts were crafted with the intent that they would be used.

Seeing the music-makers, Samani was surprised. They were beautiful, in their own way. It seemed like something that would take time and resources to make. She wished that she could hang it up outside her den right away, that the winds would carry songs through the gift. It tore her, because she wanted for Rodyn to be there to hear the sounds they would make. Perhaps he had already tested them on the breeze that carried autumn to them.

How did you learn to make these things?

Samani wondered if they were trades that could be taught.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had spent the better part of each night making what he could and then slipping into sleep for a few hours to hit the borders and then hunt after, but he didn't mind.

The fish bones weren't that hars. Kill a fish, string it up. Peeling was the hardest part. He titled his head.

Mother. Though the music makers i discovered by accident. I like music and sounds and one day i moved thrm amd they made such a sweet sound i wanted to try it with the wind. They aren't as difficult as they seem. Simply time consuming.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Ah, his mother had taught him some and he had learned the music-makers for himself. Samani thought that the wisdom of mothers was endless. They always seemed to know exactly what to say, what to teach, at exactly the right moment. Perhaps Rodyn felt this way about the things he had learned from his mom. She wondered briefly if he would pass the tradition down to his children.

You will show me, yes? I would like to learn.

Samani would not mind if he declined. It seemed like these were skills that had a special place in the man’s heart. The moon girl wanted him to feel appreciated for the new things he could share, but she would make sure that there was no obligation. Some things were too sacred, she thought.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn thought of his mother and a brief flare of pain lit up his chest, and his throat tightened. He gave a small smile, his eyes a little misty, but he lay the music maker down gently.

His own anaa as they were called here, had taught him much. Many things. Ways to travel through the world, ways to be kind, and polite. Manners above all else. Gentleman to his core, she had determined.

Of course I will. I'd love to share that with you. I like to teach these things.

He grinned. We will have to go fishing again though sometime soon. I am out of fish bones. Tell me Samani what is one of your favorite things to do?

Yellow eyes peered at her face, though he averted them quickly. Not wishing to cause her unease.
298 Posts
Ooc — Teo
She was joyous to hear that he would show her. Samani did not believe that she would make a viable tradeswoman. Her passions were limited to a few fleeting experiences. The moon girl knew that she wished to become a hunter. That was a goal that she had not swayed away from. In time, she would work toward a true trade and would grow into something that their Moonglow family could rely on.

When Rodyn asked her what her favorite thing to do was, Samani froze. She liked to collect stones, yes. The young girl also treasured her time with her mother and father. It could easily be said that one of her favorite things to do was to spend time with her family.

I like to run, she laughed softly at her own words. Whether it is to hunt or to scout, I like to feel the ground go past me. I like to know how fast I am. The smile lingered on her features. They had a few common interests. She did not wish to stop at just one, though. I like to spend time with my family, too. And I have a small collection of found objects… little treasures I keep.

Three favorite things. Samani looked at Rodyn questioningly. Why had he asked?
Moontide
Alpha*
1,251 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn himself often wondered if he was on the correct path as a trader at least. There was wonder to him if he could do as Kukutux had asked. If he was even worthy to do such a thing, for their Samani was pure and kind.

The look on her face, let him know that perhaps he had overstepped, or put her on the spot, and he felt bad, and yet she was thinking. He could see it there in the frosted green of her eyes.

He knew she liked to run, he eyed the feathers upon her shoulder. It was one of the reasons he had made it. Like a bird ready to take flight, when she ran. There was a small smile at her admission.

I know the feeling, though for me it is hunting. It is sacred to me. To hunt. To provide to share my hunting spoils.

A thought of running, of giving chase. It always filled his heart with wonder. I will remember these things and will find things for you.

he thought of the gnarled branches had kept that made different shapes. The furs that lay upon his floor, the pretty stones he had placed in the floor.

I like to know those that I care for's favorite things So i can share them with them.

A small shy smile lit up his features and he gave a nod. So you and I shall run sometime yes?