Ravensblood Forest Hunter Down
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
For @Lorelai, but other family members welcome! Backdated to 8/7, after the family hunt. Tags for reference.

The hunt had gone well — sort of. They had felled their quarry, but Vale had been struck in the forehead by one of the doe's hooves. He was dazed, but not terribly wounded. Even so, he was brought by @Vagabond and @Violante to the falls and spring, where they would help him clean his wound.

Lorelai was already on her way, he knew — they had called for her on their way back into the territory. Likely she was gathering what she needed. His wound clean and ready for mending, the young hunter laid down to wait and rest.
Physical Health (100/100)

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Just a cameo!

Violante was on edge what with her son being wounded, but she was not panicking. She was a rational woman, after all, and his injury was not too deep. On the way home, she had tested his cognition, and so she ruled out a concussion. After helping to clean Vale, she told him, You will be perfectly fine under Lorelai's care. Do you need me to stay? She thought she knew him well enough, that he would dismiss her.

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Vagabond masked his emotions, but found himself brushing against his Vale, the contact reassuring him. His son was alive, the wound was only minor, and would quickly mend. Vale was strong, and would not take kindly to coddling. So with these reassurances, Vagabond was able to calm himself.

You did great today, I'm proud of you my son.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai bustled about her herb stores, murmuring to herself under her breath while she gathered what was needed. Mostly, she needed marigold, and she gathered up the orange flowers hastily. Next, cobwebs, to help seal the wound, and finally, nettle leaves for swelling and poppy seed for pain. Jaws full of herbs and webs, she Mystic made her way carefully outside, where Vale waited with his parents.

How is the pain? she asked gently while pushing a poppy seed towards the boy. This will help, but you can't have much. Lorelai moved close, to examine the wound. She told Vale, I'm going to chew up these nettles and marigold into a paste, then put it on the wound, and pack it with cobwebs. Is that okay?

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai is current dealing with the loss of her family.

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
"Regular speech." | "Voice of the dead." | Visions of the dead.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
No, you can go, he assured his mother, who pressed a kiss to his cheek and then dipped her head before leaving. To his father, he asked, unable to hold his excitement, D'you think it'll scar? He wouldn't mind if it did. It would probably look cool.

Lorelai came, bustling about him and explaining what she was about to do. Vale just nodded — he wasn't afraid. He took the puppy seed the Mystic offered him, and then settled back down.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
I think it will, kiddo. Your first battle scar He winked at his son. He had plenty of his own, he knew well enough that location scarred quite easily. I'm going to need you to rest for a couple days. He hadn't yet told his son that he was taking him when he was to visit Moonglow and Winterglade. He was hopeful that Vale would still be able to travel with him, but he would ultimately look to Lorelai for that decision.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai worked as Vagabond and Vale conversed, gathering the flowers and nettles into her maw and chewing them carefully. When she had worked the herbs into a paste, she came close to the boy and lapped a few tongue-fulls of the mixture across his brow. When she had covered the scar in the paste, she moved to clean her mouth at the pond. When she returned to Vale's side, she asked him gently, How does that feel, Vale? She had never used poppy seed herself — she wasn't sure how fast it kicked in.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

Lorelai hears and sees things others cannot. She is beginning to believe that she can commune with the dead.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
I'll make the best hunter, dad, just wait, the boy assured his father, grinning like a fool. He knew it was silly, to be happy for being injured, but, well... he was still a boy, yearning to prove his strength and his worth. Then, he sighed, But yes, I'll be sure to rest plenty. And no doubt Lorelai would be checking him over during the next several days.

The poppy seed kicked in as Lorelai was spreading the herb mixture on his forehead — it stung at first, but now it all felt pleasantly numb, and he was beginning to feel sleepy. He told Lorelai, 'M good, aunt Lorelai. No pain... mmm, kinda sleepy... Vale hoped he'd be allowed to sleep soon.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
You'll certainly be one of the best. Vagabond smiled indulgently at his son. He waited patiently while Lorelai patched Vale up, he could see that the poppyseed was quickly causing his son to become drowsy. He placed himself next to Vale. You're welcome to lean on me, son. He caught Lorelai's eye and wondered allowed, In regards to the trip?
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale's pain had lessened and he was swiftly growing tired — a good sign that the poppy had done its job. If you get any headaches, or new confusion, you be sure to tell me, do you understand? She doubted he had a concussion, but she could never be too safe. Lorelai began to wrap the wound with cobwebs.

Catching Vagabond's gaze, she smiled and murmured in an undertone, He should be fine as long as he rests and doesn't have a concussion. The herbs she had used would heal and help prevent infection, and the cobwebs would keep it all in place. I'll want to check on him in the morning, and examine him before you leave, just to be safe.

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

91 Posts
Ooc — The System
The adrenaline of the hunt had long left him, and the boy was tired. He mumbled his assent at his aunt's pressing, and was almost asleep — in fact, he even had started to snooze, and then his father spoke of a trip.

A wha...? He tried to open his eyes, but found them quite heavy. Lorelai had finished wrapping his head in cobwebs, and he hated the feeling. He knew better than to mess with it, so instead the boy got clumsily to his paws. What's happening?

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Vagabond grimaced as Vale stirred from his stupor and began to rise. He sat beside his son, ready to catch and lower his body to the ground, assuming he'd fall his direction. Although truth be told, Vale was already large enough that he would probably knock him over too. If you are well enough, we will be traveling together when I leave for my meeting with the other packs. Now please listen to Lorelai and rest, I'll tell you more when you wake. He smiled apologetically at Lorelai.
104 Posts
Ooc — The System
Lorelai chuckled softly at Vale, shaking her head. I'll check in on you in the morning, Vale, but for now, you need to get some rest. She began to gather what remained of her things, and cleaned her paws in the pond. To Vagabond, she said, My work here is done. She'd offer the Harbinger a small smile before she began to make her way back into the tunnels.

Last from me!

Lorelai is healthy.

Mental Health (60/100)

91 Posts
Ooc — The System
I'll rest, the young hunter promised his father. He nodded at Lorelai's words, and when she left, he began to make his way into the tunnels as well. He needed a well-earned rest. Once in his den, the boy quickly fell asleep.

Last from me as well!

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Thank you Lorelai. He told their mystic and friend sincerely as she left. After seeing that his son was resting peacefully, Vagabond made his way back out of the tunnels intending to go on one final patrol before laying down to rest himself.