Ravensblood Forest Berry Bushes
41 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
Her mother had mentioned a family hunt coming up, and soon. Violante wanted to prepare. So far, she had been taught to hunt birds, and she had caught a squirrel. Vale and Asara were ahead of her both in their hunting and in their fighting skills, and for the first time, little Violante grew disgruntled with her shut-in lifestyle. She would have to change it.

That started today. She loosed a low howl, hoping for a hunt. She would go back towards the ridge with the berry bushes, and try her luck there.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Bilah was resting atop the waterfall, the loud roaring lolling him into sleep when he heard a howl. His head tilted, ears raising. He returned the howl with one of his own, and with a languid stretch he made his way back down into the heart of Sacrarium's territory seeking the owner of the voice. He ran straight to the location, finding the Vicera's namesake, Violante II.

"Hello little shadow, what would you like to do today?" He asked her with a smile.
41 Posts
Ooc — The System
Little shadow. She liked the nickname, and she found herself grinning back. I want to go hunting. My mother showed me and Asara this place where the birds eat, and I thought I'd try my luck. This would be her second solo hunt, unless Bilah wanted to help.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Lead the way! Bilah would be happy to let the girl take the forefront. The small female had been more of a mystery compared to her brother and sister but this short exchange had taught him a lot. She was a lot like her mother in more ways than just appearance.  She had a plan in place and was awfully concise at communicating exactly what she wanted. Have you found a prey that suits you? He knew the Sacrarium children had been practicing hunting from a very young age, and that the other girl had a strong preference for hunting birds.
41 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante lead Bilah towards the ridge with the berry bushes, keeping her eyes on the ground in case she came across any prints. At his question, she answered, I think I like birds, too, but small game is fine, too. She thought back to her first kill, and she snickered, My first kill was a squirrel.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
The child scanned the ground for signs of prey as they went. He nodded, he was intrigued to watch the child hunt. He wasn't sure if she actually required guidance in hunting more than just supervision in the middle of the forest. Well then, the birds of the forest will have no chance with you girls around. She told him about her first kill then. My first kill was a spider. He whispered to her. Not nearly as tasty as squirrels.
41 Posts
Ooc — The System
Bilah was right — the birds of the forest were screwed. She told the Mystic, Mother has been talking to me about tracking, and keeping an eye on the bird population. With three of them hunting fowl, it was possible there might be a shortage eventually. Then, she laughed, saying, Your first kill was a spider? Really? She didn't really think it counted, but she wasn't going to argue with him.

They were close to the ridge now, and Violante paused to take a deep breath. There was bird-scent, alright, and close, too. The girl fell into a crouch, beginning to stalk through the underbrush.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Spiders are scary, okay! The man was still frightened of them to the day, not that he'd told anyone. It was kind of silly given his massive size. Even as a pup he'd been huge, and running from a spider was kind of ridiculous, so he had to conquer his fears and kill them instead. That's a very important job, you're awfully bright, I'll bet you'll catch on quick. He caught the scent of a bird just as the girl did, and she shifted into a crouch. He hid in the underbrush so as to observe her from afar, creeping closer when she got too far away.
41 Posts
Ooc — The System
I've got my mother's genes! The girl snickered. She had inherited her melanism, her mannerism, her interests and wisdom... of course she would be good at this! She fell quiet as she slipped further and further from Bilah, and she nearly jumped when the bird gave a loud call, very close by. It sounded like a grouse, she thought.

Pushing through a thorny bush with little care, the young huntress could see her prey. She crouched low, preparing to rush it.
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Bilah stayed low as he watched the girl creep closer to her prey. He appreciated the confidence the children of Sacrarium had in themselves. His ears pricked up at the birds call and he watched the young wolf closely. He was surprised that she did not change the speed of her movement or startle. He watched as she crouched her body lower.
41 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante waited, one breath, two. The bird walked some paces, pecking at a berry bush, and she knew now was her chance. She streaked out from under the bush, not caring for the thorns in her fur, and she struck out once, missing. The bird began to take flight and she pushed herself faster. Airborne now, she struck again and snatched it by a wing, bringing it back to the ground where she swiftly killed it. She brought it back to Bilah, proudly grinning. What'd you think of that?
51 Posts
Ooc — Kaiser
Bilah watched patiently, When Violante II missed, he winced and watched with bated breath as she gave chase. He thought her hunt was over when the bird began to take flight, but he was impressed that the child managed to catch the bird by a wing. After ending it's life she brought her kill to him. Smug, are we? He grinned back at her all the same, sharing in her victory.