Qeya River gluttony
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
All Welcome 
as he and @Amalia were neighbors, lestan did not have to go far to find her. "how is your patient?" the man asked when he finally discovered the dark wolf.
summer was in full swing. he idled and waited, watching ravens wing their way toward the mountains.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
She wagged her tail hello. Hi Lestan!

She tilted her head at his qiestion and nodded slowly. A rabbit pelt in front of her drying. Her en was quite full of them now. A soft place to lay a head. This one would be for her neighbor if he wanted.

She's quite coarse, and a bit stubborn.

Amalia frowned. But she is healing well and doing her due dilligence with hunting. How about you? How are you?
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
coarse and stubborn! lestan was dying to meet her, though for now he let himself be guided by amalia. "i'm glad she's getting on all right. she has the best healer, after all." he smirked warmly at his friend. "i'm doing well! at the glacier i met a man named ashlar mayfair. you and i aren't alone after all."
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
]

Amalia smiled. Sadey was a character. Rough around the edges and mean. But there was an intelligence there. Amalia liked to pick her brain on other subjects.

Amalia blushed and shook her head. Not at all. I am just trying to fill a need. I'm not that able at herbology and healing.

Her ears perked forward. Someone else related to them. How are we related to him?
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he laughed. "i'm still not quite certain! but that's mayfairs for you, isn't it?" lestan grinned playfully at amalia. "do you want to be better at healing? or would you like to do something else?"
he watched three butterflies frisk about as he waited for her answer.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia chuckled. I wouldn't know. Technically speaking i'm not entirely related to the Mayfairs, except that one line. But their names sounds popular and it fills me with a sort of happiness. There is something about it. She smiled her tongue lolling out.

Though at her next question she frowned in thought. I have already obtained the trade of scout, but I think i'd like that. I am not as good as my aunt Willow would have been. She studied it her entire life my grandpa said. But I wouldn't mind. I also thought about being a hunter, but I feel mediocre at most things.

Amalia felt inadequate at times. She was careless and fun loving. She laughed easily and she played easily, but was that important? She couldn't fight well, and her hunting was alright she supposed. She only knew a little bit of healing.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"well! his name is ashlar and he mentioned an uncle casmir." he peered at amalia to see if she saw suitable memory in either name, or even the title besides.
lestan was quiet for a heartbeat. "i think if you always compare yourself, amalia, you will never see your own worth. i am not a scout or a hunter. but sakhmet sent me to the glacier, and now i've begun to learn both." he smiled brightly.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
The names she listened closely. They sounded familiar. Her grandfather had only made one trip to this area. One trip to find out where his family had gone. Found the bones of his father, and the face of his sister that he never saw again.

Casmir is Aunt Blue's and Lasher's child if memory serves, but Granpa only came out once.

Amalia's ears went to her head and she thought about it. A frown on her face. My dad used to tell me that i was careless and to happy. That i needed to get my head out of the clouds, what if he was right Lestan?

Amalia frowned and looked around. I know i shouldn't. I know it, but I just can't help it sometimes.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
aunt blue and lasher's child. he wondered if this made her and this ashlar closer than he and she were. the thought brought several feelings, all of which he pushed away.
she was stressed now; he shook his head quickly. "you should spend some time alone. maybe at the glacier. there really is nothing like it."
lestan sighed. "being alone, only you and your thoughts and the large empty sky — it does something for your soul, amalia, it truly does."
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia wondered at the implication as well. There had been no denial when she had realized the gentle wolf in front of her was handsome in his own way. Though there was also a rough and tumble cowboy that had wormed his way, but was it so wrong to share two spaces? Her auntie had, her grandfather had been absolutely apalled, she remembered. He had found out, what was it again. She shook her head, memories leaving. She had been young and barely listening and such thoughts did not belong here, they were for musing alone.

Amalia smiled at his gentle nature and nudged him. I know. I traveled for almost a year by myself until i came here.

It had given her a different outlook and had been peaceful certainly, but also lonely. So very lonely.

would you come with me and sit with me in the silence? Maybe? She asked hopeful, tentative.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
"of course i would!" lestan was very sentimental; it shone in the honeyflower eyes for a bright moment as a blush crept his cheeks. "suppose i talked your ear off all the same," he said, words touched with the accent of the glen.
"would you hold it against me?" he laughed and pretended to pounce upon a white moth nearby, though he only gently caught it beneath one paw.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia wagged her tail at his ascent. His accent creeping in to become lilting and gentle. She liked to listen to it. She closed her eyes in pleasure at the sound. There was just something about an accent.

Amalia giggled, carefree, girlish, loud as she always was. Oh I wouldn't mind at all, really. I may do the same.

Amalia joined in the game, of chase and catch. Being as gentle as she could with her large paws. She was not a small thing, and sometimes well she was akin to a bull in a chin shop.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fade? <3

"well then."
he let the moth go, admiring amalia as she leapt to and fro. she made a good neighbor. and a good confidant.
for a while, lestan was happy to surrender completely to the delight of the hour, chuckling until full-throated laughter echoed across the field of delicate flowers.
Brecheliant
Family
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia enjoyed their game and there was no place she would rather be at the time. Until laughter chimed and danced around them and she fell in a heap. Offering the male to lay beside her as the twilight hour came across them.

She wagged her tail in kind and would he allow get the hard to reach places as wolves were want to do.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
in the soft grass they preened one another like sleepy mourning doves beneath the blue dome of the taiga's warmth.
lestan would fall asleep that way, drawing as many burrs from her coat as he was able, and feeling amalia's teeth carefully comb his ruff in return.
natigvik wolves, sleeping beneath the moon.