Otter Creek Otters
8 Posts
Ooc — The System
Private 

From a kill, Holo lead them northeast, and they came upon a winding creek where otters were at play. Their happy sounds and the splashing of the water drew the girl in, but she would of course not be looking to hunt them. They were too cute to harm, in her eyes. Casting a nervous glance behind her, as she had done so many times on their journey, she asked her mate, Do you think that creep is following us?
12 Posts
Ooc — Aero
"You think I haven't been watching out for him?" He smirked at her and pressed into her reassuringly. Even if he were the two of them together could handle the situation with ease regardless. "Let's just stay together from now on." Luck was on their side for his hunt, but he didn't like her odds if he hadn't shown up when he did. He cringed to think about the possibilities.

The otters began to squeal in delight and he settled himself on the ground, encouraging his mate to do the same with a nod. They began to throw rocks in the air and catch them. He watched with renewed interest
8 Posts
Ooc — The System
I just wanted to listen to the birds, she sighed, heavily. Why did he have to ruin her day? She pressed into Holo, sighing again, but this time in relief. It's good you were so close, she hedged, frowning. She pulled away, to look at him, unable to focus on the otters despite their adorableness. Should I learn to fight? It was definitely not her forte.
12 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Holo kissed his mate's head. You don't have to learn how to fight, but you should learn how to defend yourself. Before you say anything, yes there is a difference. He wished he could swoop her away and protect her from the evils of the world, but all he could do was prepare her to protect herself against them.
8 Posts
Ooc — The System
Aura sighed, but nodded all the same. She knew he was right. The yearling rolled onto her back, snuggling close to Holo. The peace and quiet was nice — that was all she'd wanted before. They were in a new land with nothing but each other, and their future here was unknown; it was trying, especially for her. Looking up to Holo, she asked, So what's our plan?
12 Posts
Ooc — Aero
We could start now. I could pretend to be that guy back there if you want. At this Holo screwed up his face and growled out in a distorted voice, Hey you, stop enjoying your day! He burst out laughing. Okay, okay, we can spar and I can adjust your stance and help you to prepare. He hated the thought of it, but it was a necessary thing after all.
8 Posts
Ooc — The System
Aura grimaced and she said, I don't want to spar just yet. I meant... where are we going? What's our plan now that we're... here? Would they join a pack, or try to start their own? Would they remain loners, and wander? She pressed against Holo, murmuring, It's your decision.
12 Posts
Ooc — Aero
He frowned and placed his neck on Aura's in a protective embrace. Do you think a pack will accept a mated pair of loners? One was plenty he couldn't imagine a pack wanting to open their territory to a pair. He looked warily to his mate. It could be tricky to find one willing to take us together, but it is our best source of safety and training. Holo had a way of thinking about things from a purely logical perspective. While he had his moments that he could goof around with his mate, when it came down to it he could assess a situation with impartiality. he believed it had helped him survive as long as he had.
8 Posts
Ooc — The System
At her mate's questioning, the girl shrugged and answered honestly, sighing, I don't really know. We could try finding some and asking. If they say no, then... we just move on. After a moment's pause, she voiced, We could try starting our own, if we wanted... They would have plenty of time to prepare before the next breeding season, at least.
12 Posts
Ooc — Aero
We could certainly try at least, I know we just said to stay together... He trailed off, pressing himself into her. He knew she wouldn't want him to finish, but it had to be said. Perhaps we should split up, there are many packs in the area. That way they could cover more ground sooner. Meet back here in three weeks. He held back a shudder. A lot could happen in that time, but they needed to find somewhere safe, and fast, preferably before winter. If we've had no luck by then we will go together again.