Redsand Canyon papyrus
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"that will be for you to barter. wait for a visit to epoch."

his tones warned of a history that germanicus would not elaborate on for now.

"shall we go back to latin?"
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
the imperator laid before her another diplomatic mission.

she looked to him warmly, despite the loose warning in his throat.

we should. but she paused for a moment, hanging in thought. perhaps i should be a frequent diplomat between akashingo and mereo.

but she did not speak demands still. she wished to hear the eagle's mind on these things she brought to him.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"would you enjoy that, princeps?" had she come here on a mission of entertainment? he did not think so.

"the herbs you brought for our medicus. are you self-taught in medicine as well?"
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
when she looked to him at her question, it was with the gaze of a queen. a regina, as he might say. she seemed every bit her mother now despite the cloak of the pharaoh covering her.

i think we would both stand to gain much from it.

her father had sent her, but makono knew where to put her footing in holds as well.

i am not, just enough foresight to ask for the trickier herbs to be made available to mereo.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
makono had the face of her father.

when she put her eyes upon him germanicus knew that if she should ever achieve queenship, she would be powerful indeed.

maybe even cruel.

did she understand the laws of her own people enough to know she too might vy for pharaoh's place?

she spoke like a wolf much older.

"and the meats. who gave you that foresight, empress?"
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
empress.

she wondered if he sought to praise her so, or if he truly saw something in her. this was what she had come to mereo for.

that one was me. no lies here. she wondered if the imperator knew how easy he made it to be honest. perhaps that was why he was imperator. to visit a place of soldiers without food as one of the gifts would be disrespectful on its own.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
is there a gift list, i sweat

germanicus nodded. "you have discovered the key to the heart of any soldier: rations."

his voice was dry enough to indicate that it was both a joke and not.

"i sent much of what you brought at once to lady ruenna, my wife. i meant to entertain her with offerings from our ally."
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
there was not. oops ;u; makono only asked for 'rare herbs and meat' or things that only akashingo may have easy access to re: herb/meat. presumably brought in a nice fur to also gift!

also...assuming she knows the redtail feather from here comes from ruenna, tap me to edit if wrong!!

she smiled. momentarily proud of her herself. a wise thinking on her end, to be endeared to mereo via gifts of meat.

such an easy gift to send! she could round the mazoi to hunt and hunt until they exhausted themselves!

lady ruenna, she hummed the name and title on her tongue. i have a gift she gave my mother. a redtail feather.

she refused to let her voice cracked, but she held emotions for both the gift and the sentiment of it all.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
oh okay i wasnt sure haha wanted to make sure i didnt miss it! also that assumption is sweet & fine <3

the princess was poised. there was surely pain in her.

"would you like to meet the lady?" he asked of the royal child. "she may have some memories of queen satsu to impart. we both knew her before you were born."
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
it meant more than she may ever let the imperator know.

it showed in the softening of her gaze.

it would be an honor, imperator. her words were not light. she wished for him to truly understand the weight of this moment.

a feather weighed in his favor, in the scales of her heart.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
fading! <3 assume BTS that as often as she wants latin lessons, germ will teach her, so she can go home with at least basic/conversational skills!

it was to be then. 

"come," the imperator said. "her full title is domina ruenna caeso-redsand. romans marry and take the names of one another. her people use the land for their surnames. we combined them."

he walked on, keeping pace with makono and speaking of anything else she might ask.