Redsand Canyon I need a place to stay tonight.
Loner
seraphs sob at vermin fangs
667 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
After following the path in to Mereo, Glaukos was in even better spirits than before. He did not want to wait for the girls to catch up to him; he wanted to find @Germanicus and speak of the many things that Ramesses had required of him, as well as introduce the princess @Makono - with a huff, he paused to look for the two girls, and when he saw a glimmer of gold - then a silvery blue - he returned to watching his steps.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

590 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Nazli took the initiative to step across the invisible barrier in to Mereo first, but waited for Makono after that; she saw how relaxed their guard had become, even dismissive of the girls, and did not like the feeling of being ignored by him - although being a fellahin, it was not uncommon. She thought it wise to remain silent and watchful for Makono's sake.

The girls came to the heart of the territory where the boulder of a man left them, and after sharing a brief glance to his diminishing silhouette, Nazli looked to Makono. I think he intends to introduce you, she murmured to the princess, and should return soon.

She could only hope he hadn't just left them there, in the dust. At least Nazli could look around while they waited. She dared not wander, and let her eyes roam rather than her feet. It was not so different from Akashingo after all, she thought — dry, dusty, but higher-up. It wasn't nearly as impressive.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
the canyon simply was.

it reminded her of home in the barest of ways but fell flat in the ways that truly mattered. especially as the guardian sulked off, as if his job was done already! she rolled her eyes once he departed from view. appreciating nazli's presence all the more.

whatever introduction he has to give won't matter. i will introduce myself to each and every face. she spoke, a bit more calm and collected now that they stood in mereo.

do you want to introduce yourself or should i?

a taste of freedom for her trusted fellahin.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus was displeased to see the new elitus — without their guest.

he had expected a coterie of sorts, perhaps another guard or servant. insofar as he could see, glaukos was alone.

"elitus." his voice was heavy. he flicked his eyes away from the young soldier and down the path he had come.

the imperator saw the two himself. they were in mereo, but why had glaukos not stayed with them? they seemed only a pair of young children there. "i see your journey was no grief. did pharaoh ramesses insist upon anything?"
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
leaving it up to you if this is either faded or carries on!

the soldier went forth to speak with the imperator. makono stayed back to keep the ears and eyes of nazli. it was decided that she would introduce both of them.

whenever the two men seemed to have discussed for long enough, she would approach to once more see the face of germanicus, with the same air she had carried in akashingo.

however she knew to be on her best behavior and show respect to the older man as well. this was his outpost, after all, even if she saw it as a military extension of akashingo.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
couple more rounds? <3

germanicus turned his attention to the girl. satsu was there with ramesses in the young features. but what he knew of satsu was little. the child wore a cloak of the pharaoh's own cool arrogance.

he hoped she would not prove to be insufferable.

"princess nekubi makono," he said when glaukos had stepped back. "i am germanicus julius caesar redsand, imperator to mereo." his gaze did not move to her equally youthful servant.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
he regarded her with respect and she would do the same.

a pleasure, imperator. she spoke to him with his title. both for the reasoning of germanicus julius caesar redsand being too long a title and this was his outpost. even if she was here as the extension of akashingo.

this is nazli, my fellahin brought from akashingo alongside me. makono knew the girl's place was not even equal to her own, but she did wish to see the girl thrive on this trip too. prove herself as such a useful asset to makono and akashingo as a whole.

the canyon of mereo is stunning.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
her fellahin.

he disliked the practice of servitude. the half-blooded girl was just that, a child.

but he did not comment upon this. "would the two of you care for a tour?" he offered.
736 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Tactician
it would be appreciated. i'd like to see more of the wonders of mereo.

her eyes turned with a touch of something personal and warm to nazli. assessing her. wondering if she would come with — or if she would rather seek out the dens first, perhaps with the company of the hulking soldier.

regardless, she prepared herself for a tour from the imperator himself.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
fading!

germanicus turned.

he would show her the tablinum with an introduction to aquene if she was available. the sparring arena. the punishment grounds, largely unused. the forest. the housing, and lastly the commons.

there he left her with her servant, and later he would ask one of the plebians to bring her a meal.