Lion Head Mesa scour [m]
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: heavy suggestion

in the heat of a summer's night, ramesses waited for @Sokha. he was atop the mesa, reveling in the great warmth as well as the great vision of akashingo that came to him now. he wanted to see encampments as far as the eye might reach; he wanted new kingdoms built by descendants, and all within reach of his own.
but ambition was not the reason for tonight;
when she came to him ramesses did not turn, only said: "are you prepared to become a priestess?"
and he thrummed with anticipation, for he needed but a yes from her to engage in the rite he had only seen once before.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Ramesses called for the mazoi on this night. She had known that he would call for her, but he did not expect it to be so soon.

Led by one of the fellahin, Sokha climbed to where the mesa could be easily overlooked. There stood the pharaoh, waiting.

Joining at his side, she listened for his words.

"Are you prepared to become a priestess?"

I am. Spoken confidently and without hesitation.

On any occasion, she would have gladly done whatever he asked of her. But this time... this time she wanted this. Not yet did she know precisely why, but she knew all the same.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
can timeskip or fade!

ramesses breathed in.
"as you know, only pharaoh and his queen and his descendants are divine. the gods reformed me in their image, and so through them i am able to bestow this on others."
her eyes; he held them with his own.
"ahktar is a priest through his own knowledge of the gods shared between he and i. qiao is a priestess for her warping of trade and word and eye to be more. and you will be She Who Brings Lotus Steps to the Sight of the God."
pharaoh embraced sokha. he moved away, dipping muzzle to moss and anointing her brow with sacred water beneath the moon. "behold. Osiris gives his blessing."
there was a beautifully pleasant way to make one divine.
"look to the stars," pharaoh commanded lightly, breath warm upon her shoulder.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away

Either is fine! ^^

"As you know, only pharaoh and his queen and his descendants are divine. The gods reformed me in their image, and so through them i am able to bestow this on others."

Yes, she knew he was divine. This she had known since the day of her arrival. But as for what else the gods would commend, Sokha was curious. 

"Ahktar is a priest through his own knowledge of the gods shared between he and I. Qiao is a priestess for her warping of trade and word and eye to be more. And you will be She Who Brings Lotus Steps to the Sight of the God."

Akhtar. Qiao. Names of whom she did not yet know. Though, it was likely she would know them soon, for now she was one of similar standing.

She Who Brings Lotus Steps. This was she, for she was now this. Ramesses said it was so. A lotus, from now until the gods shunned her worship and divine praise.

"Behold. Osiris gives his blessing."

Before she could fully render these words, the pharaoh came close and placed something upon her forehead. It smelt cold and earthy, much like rain and dirt.

"Look to the stars,"

As bid, Sokha tilted her muzzle, eyes taking in the sight of the beams hovering over the mesa. It was a beautiful sight, but it was hard to truly enjoy such a moment. The breath hot on her shoulder drew her attention away. It warmed her entire body, leaving it itching to shudder. She would have given anything to have the courage to twist around and embrace him closer. But this wasn't her place. So she continued to gaze upward as he commanded. This is where she would be looking more often now, whether it was praising by dialogue or dance. The many gods and goddesses had hold of her now. 

Time to dance, little lotus.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
they danced.

the sun had not yet risen. ramesses and sokha lay tangled together. briefly he smiled. and then he stretched and rose to legs made smooth and warm by their liasion.
"you are hemet now. priestess."
and bestowed to her in the most indelible and pleasant of ways was a small piece of divinity, enough to transform her word when the gods and goddesses spoke through her.
his lapis eyes filled with approval.
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away
She did not want to wake when morn came, but his lively form bid her do so.

Then he spoke.

Hemet. A title she did not think herself fit to bear. But he had given it regardless.

My pharaoh, Sokha crooned, snout burying itself within his chest. You honor me. Words now muffled, but still made clear. She would make it so.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"i reward your worship."
ramesses feathered a kiss to each of her eyelids.
"each word, each step, each look; you belong to the goddesses entire."
his lapis eyes were cool. "you represent akashingo."
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away
The soft strokes against her lids made her core shudder, ears shrinking to rest against her crown.

I hope my goddess is pleased, as I hope the same for you, my pharaoh.

Being a form of representation was a high honor and heavy responsibility. The approval was to ensure she was performing to the highest standard, for if not, she would have failed.
Ghost
1,354 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Therapist
Rogue
"you have always pleased me, sokha."
he kissed her forehead ruefully; he drew aside. "i have my tasks now." he did not want to leave the priestess, and yes they must part. "come to me again."
teach me your way
122 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Away
Again, as always, they were forced to part too soon.
He kissed her forehead and she leaned in close to return the favor upon his cheek.
I look forward to it, my pharaoh, Sokha hummed softly, fervently into the man's ear before pulling from his side.
Then the woman danced in step to the entryway, parting from sight.