Sun Mote Copse There is no Happiness
-Dark of Soul, Strong of Body-
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
All Welcome 
Artok traveled from the borders. His mind on far reaching things. More than anything on Arlette and her family. And the lack of his own. He had lost so many so young, and it had hardened him. Made him mean. But he had survived hadn't he. Look at him now, a man of 9. But he had nothing to say of it.

There were no pups that called his name, no children of his own. Not that he had wanted any children, but he wondered briefly. If this is really all there was. To be lonely at times, though you had your age. He just wasn't sure.
Artok has a permanent limp in his front right foreleg.
146 Posts
Ooc —
Lonely?

But, ah, a lover boy had arrived!

He had wandered off for a brief time. A moon's spell. Then found the ache in his heart had only been fixed by the few things he had found in Teekon. So he returned, and found himself with no regrets for it.

A whistling whine escaped him as he spotted the other man.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
A noise reached Artok's ears. And he tightened his muscles and turned, a slight hitch in his limp, with the way he leaned. But his eyes fell on the young lover and a painful/gentle sort of twisting began and worked it's way into his chest. It was a dull ache, that slowly faded as his heart rate kicked it up a notch and he stared wondering if he was seeing things, but the youth didn't move or disappear.

So Artok shifted and slowly ambled forward, ghosted forward to sniff and study again.

Found you didn't like wandering eh?
146 Posts
Ooc —
I realized it was stupid.

He hummed, pushed a bit closer. He sought kind touches. To mindfully drape his head over the man's back. Ruffle fur with his nose.

Baudelaire was glad he hadn't been away much longer.

Miss me?
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok chuckled. AT least you can admit it. That's the first step. I wandered for years though, before i realized. So you're doing better than me.

Artok gently preened at the other's shoulder and neck. Little burrs of pleasure in his throat at the brief touches.

Perhaps a bit. The old man spoke softly. He didn't wish to say much else, the implication clear in his throat. He was not a man of sentiments, so even though he didn't say much, i twas more than any other would get.
146 Posts
Ooc —
He saw the words and the voice for what it was.

He did not need further, fancier words. Everything he received from the grizzled warrior was enough.

I have half a mind to steal you away, you know.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok wouldn't have had any fancier words, let alone anything for the youth to use in his thoughts. Artok kept most of his feelings hidden and locked up tight. A grim smile lit up his maw at the younglings words.

Mhmm steal me away to where?

Artok had promised Arlette he would stay, and so stay he would, but it was still nice to know he had options. If he did.
146 Posts
Ooc —
Wherever we want.

He laughed, low and rolling.

But I'll stick nearby for now, if you're not committed to leaving whoever's got you under lock and key.
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok chuckled. I've traveled most of my life youngling. I am content to stay near here, now. Die here if I must.

There was no denying Artok was old, probably too old to be messing around with such a youngling as this, but Artok never did anything based on anyone elses's rules or regulations. It was what had made him, well him.

An ear tilted forward as Artok continued to preen the young lover with gentle ministrations and his mind traced over time and place. I promised Arlette I would stay near. Her grandmother saved me. I owe that debt to Arlette and she's too sweet for the likes of around here. Where have you settled?
146 Posts
Ooc —
Nowhere yet, Because he hadn't, at that point in time.

But he hadn't missed the name throwing and importance. It tickled him some and he couldn't help but ask for a bit more. Nothing was ever enough, as they said.

Who exactly is Arlette?
306 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Artok chuckled. You needn't worry in that way. She's like a daughter. Her grandmother is the one that kept me from dying when i got the wounds that are now scarred.

Artok nipped at his lover's side, both a love bite and a reminder.