Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Rodyn walked with heavy steps around and around. He was trying to memorize his home. Memorize the paths and the faces. He knew he would only be gone for two seasons, but it felt like it would be forever. He knew as time always did, it went fast, it would go fast. But still.

He settled near the river overlooking the trees. His tail curled around his black paws. Eyes on the distant horizon, the sun settling on his russet fur. Casting everything in it's soft flow, as it flowed towards the darkness to sleep, the moon rising up to meet.
Napatuqvik
Amaguk
this is my moment in the sun
60 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
A heaviness had settled over Moonglow, greater than anything Stratos had ever felt. It crawled in like the shadows cast at night. Yet unlike shadows, these never lifted at dawn. They clung to the stones with the morning mist, singed the air with the midday heat, settled in the grasses with bug song at night.

He could not escape them. Not even the brightness of @Callyope’s smile had escaped them.

The heaviness seemed to outline his hunter friend too. Sunset burnt the edges of Rodyn like summer fire, like smoke that burned his eyes. He blinked away the tears that threatened him, and instead of sobbing, Stratos crouched, swished his tail, and sprung.

The hunter finds his prey! Stratos exclaimed. He had very little understanding of how to chase shadows away. He only knew how to be a kid - and even this seemed to be slipping. He put on a smile to hide the sadness in his eyes, aiming to tackle his friend.
Common | Inuktitut | Greek
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
The heaviness that bound him, he was unsure anymore if it were his own, or the very life blood of moonglow. As others traversed and left and things moved around. It was the way of things, change. No matter how hard it was.

The youngling of Ember flames found him. Rodyn heard the noise behind him, and as he turned. Stratos was upon him. Rodyn laughed outright as the youth tackled him, side over side.

He threw larger legs around the youngling to pull him down with him, as gently as possibly. Stratos was growing into his adult form, but he was still not as strong as Rodyn and Ro did not wish to hurt him.

What a mighty hunter the great Stratos! He crowed laughter in his voice.
Napatuqvik
Amaguk
this is my moment in the sun
60 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Ah ha! And oh no! Rodyn fell to the ground - but a sudden weight embraced him and Stratos felt himself falling, too, dragged down by his much bigger friend - and yet, the boy couldn’t help but laugh.

They will sing songs of me! Stratos agreed, and crooned his self-made song, even as he squirmed against Ro’s tangle of legs, Stratos, Stratos, hunter of shadows! When darkness arrived, how quickly he rose!
Common | Inuktitut | Greek
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn's uproarious laughter joined in with Stratos. Despite that he was an adult, he loved to play. It had been something his friend had stumbled upon. There was a part of his heart that would never grow up, and he felt that was okay.

That they will! Songs of your prowess as a hunter, your quickness!

Rodyn released him and jumped to his feet, falling into a play bow. Like Dying embers of the sun, he struck.

Rodyn returned, his own voice curling around his friend.