Stone Circle martröð
372 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
she had a nightmare, that night.

in her dreams, a big grand bearish-type canine had come to scoop her. she did not know this image to be her blood (@Bernadette) but the scene felt vaguely familiar. something she had felt once before. but it was...different.

there was not love here.

she had been placed before one of the large looming stones on a smaller stone.

something sharp came down from the bearish canine.

then she woke, heaving in snorted breaths and tears in her eyes. already crying before she had fully woke. she stumbled along from her sleeping place to the river. eager to be far away from the stones, lest her dreams come true.

but they had been true, hadn't they?

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar had taken to sleeping near both Sanja, the new pups, and Bjarna. He felt responsible for them. Perhaps he was one of the little ones father, perhaps all, perhaps none, but he was going to fit the role if he could, as long as he could, because it was the right thing to do and because he wanted too.

He was woken as Bjarna stumbled from the den, with eyes rolling in fear. He followed her at a safe distance and settled to his haunches once they reached the river. He gave her enough of a space so that she didn't feel suffocated and he chuffed gently.

His father's language falling off his lips like stories. Bjarna? Are you alright, little one?
<i>Set and Avatar from JAVA</i>
372 Posts
Ooc —
she was startled.

she stumbled over her own paws, too large and she had yet to grow into them. would she ever?

she wheezed on the ground where she had stumbled to.

she found herself unable to answer father bear.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
I was a rover, an outrider, a silver tongued devil. I was inflicted and I was broken. I've been many things.
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar stood and moved closer. He gently tried to help her up.

—goodness little one, I didn't mean to frighten you.

He nosed along her head gente touch unsure what had frightened her so. He wished to fix it. He wasn't sure if she would accept his help right now.
372 Posts
Ooc —
she could not explain what had come over her.

that she had not felt this way in a long time was enough to alarm her. mother bear had never given her this feeling. the warmth of sanja was always all encompassing. the kindness of the other women was too. there was, of course, gunnar.

none of them ever caused this.

but there were little words for the emotionally stunted child to mumble out in these moments.

she merely wormed across the ground, and clung to his leg.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar slowly lowered himself to the ground, and pulled her closer to his side and chest, and allowed her to burrow there if she so pleased. He ran a nose along her neck and cheek, down her tiny spine. Making sure to be as gentle and as soothing as possible. His mother and father used to do this with him, when he was upset. Mother more than Father, but Ragnar had been affectionate in his own way.

It is okay little one.
372 Posts
Ooc —
the comfort of gunnar was not new.

she leaned into it.

the comfort, the cradle he made. it would take some minutes, but eventually she would work herself down. left only with snotty, snoring breaths against his fur.

she wished her body did not betray her so much.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
865 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ambassador
Gunnar did not say much else. Simply held her to his side as she cried and worked her way down from hysteria.

If she wished to speak she could otherwise they could simply sit in silence. Him offering comfort where he could. Her taking it.

He licked her downy head. Preened at her tiny ears. Perhaps she would fall asleep her nightmares gone for the day.