Deepwood Weald Beauty in the Fog
Loner
180 Posts
Ooc — Raven
@Latte

The wind had led her to the Deepwood Weald from the Silverlight Terrace below. The plains of lush green turned to ferns of red and green while the light of the blue sky peered through the branches and leaves of the tall trees overhead. As she continued her stroll into the woods the sun became dimmer and dimmer despite it being mid-afternoon and a fog began the billow beneath her.

Paeon stopped for a moment and looked around her. The place had a strange mix of eerie beauty and she began to feel as though this place was putting her nerves on edge while at the same time soothing them. Her mind was having a hard time finding the balance and instead skipped between the two for a time. She began her walk again singing to keep herself distracted.

"Cause the fog’s getting thicker
The world’s spinning fast
The chaos is building
It’s going to last
And it’s so hard to see
And you’re so hard to find
They’re days when i think i am losing my mind

So keep painting pictures of beautiful scenes
Striking the canvas with deep blues and greens..."
*Maroon 5 - The Fog
"I used to be so afraid of looking into the night sky, so vast.. so deep.."
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte was lost.  Not that she really knew her way around any of the woods in Teekon Wilds, but this one was particularly confusing.  It was beautiful, sure, but beautiful in an eerie, repetitive kind of way that made everything look the same beneath the fog.  After a couple hours of what seemed like walking around in circles, Latte flopped onto a soft patch of ferns, exhausted and hungry.  It seemed harder to hunt here, and all she'd had to eat all day was a couple bones she'd found with a few bits of meat still attached to them.  It didn't help that her right hind leg had a long bloody scratch on it from falling into stream that she could have sworn she'd passed at least three times.

Latte must have drifted off because the next moment, she heard rustling in the undergrowth and... singing?  The dog opened her eyes and sat up, wincing as she forgot not to put weight on her leg. "W-who's th-there?"  She tried to call, though it came out as more of a wobbly squeak.  Her usual wariness of wolves was multiplied by ten in the spooky forest.

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :)

Latte gives out compliments like grandmas give out candy.  She sees the beauty in almost everything, I promise you that she is not flirting with your character.  Like, seriously, she compliments snails. 

Loner
180 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Focusing on her song the hairs on the back of her neck pricked up as she heard a squeaky voice call into the fog. She wasn't quite sure what made the call. Perhaps a smaller animal or her subconscious, something about the tone made her think it may not be a wolf. Perhaps with herself distracted and listening to her own voice she had heard the call wrong Paeon thought to herself.

"It's Paeon... or rather my name is Paeon," she spoke into the fog. Not quite sure what direction to speak to. "And who are you?" she asked curiously keeping her ears peeled as to pinpoint its origin.
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte stood up and limped towards the sound of the voice.  "I'm Latte."  She replied as the figure of a she-wolf materialized in the mist.  She was still unsure about Paeon, but she was even more unsure of being alone and lost in the horrible spooky mist.

The dog cocked her head, studying Paeon curiously.  "What were you singing?" 

Latte had always liked pretty things, and Paeon's song was one of them.  It stirred up the silence but still sounded like it belonged there in the gloom and silence.  "You're not actually losing your mind, right?"

I may not be comfortable with certain topics due to the fact that I am a minor.  Cursing and suggestive or sexual behavior (beyond simple romance), even in-character, is a definite no for me.  If you wouldn't be comfortable posting something knowing that there may be a child reading it, do not post it during a roleplay with me.  :)

Latte gives out compliments like grandmas give out candy.  She sees the beauty in almost everything, I promise you that she is not flirting with your character.  Like, seriously, she compliments snails. 

Loner
180 Posts
Ooc — Raven
'I'm Latte' came through the mist and Paeon could hear the sound of staggering movement coming towards her. What emerged was a smaller wolf, similar in size to Paeon... a wolf? Something about Latte seemed off to Paeon but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. Her smell was different and her features were more rounded... or were they more defined? Latte's question pulled these thoughts away as Paeon went to answer. "It's called The Fog. I thought it pretty appropriate given... the fog." she said humorously as she lifted her front paw and waved it in the fog. "And I'd say my mind is pretty intact." she added.

Standing there Latte appeared a bit lopsided as though she were not standing upright. Paeon looked in the direction of Latte's right side. "Are you doing alright?" she asked unable to see Latte's injury from this angle and the surrounding fog.
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
Latte perked up a bit. Paeon seemed like a nice wolf.  She was glad, Latte would hate to be in the fog with a scary wolf and an aching leg. "It's really pretty.  The song, I mean.  And your voice.  I can't really sing."  A small doggy smile crossed her soft white snout despite herself.  Latte really shouldn't have been smiling in her current predicament, but it felt better to smile and hope for the best.  

But then Paeon asked her a question.  "Uh.. kind of?"  She limped a bit closer and sat down to show the wolf her scratched-up leg.  

Looking at the blood staining her snow-white fur made her a bit queasy, so she looked away.  "I mean... it could be worse... a lot worse..."  Thinking about how much worse it could be made the queasiness return.  It hadn't gotten infected, and it was pretty shallow.

Loner
180 Posts
Ooc — Raven
"Thank you" Paeon responded to the kinds word of Latte.

Paeon was right there was something off about Latte's posture and her walking. She had a bleeding cut on her leg. Paeon lowered her head closer to Latte's wound. Latte was right, it didn't look too bad. "It could be worse... but it could also be better." Paeon said laughing a bit. 

"Sorry if this hurts" Paeon said before taking a quick lick of Latte's wound. She was checking to see if it had a rank taste indicative of some sort of infection. Luckily it did not. Paeon had only good intentions as she licked Latte's wound, but a more aware wolf may have considered asking first. "Doesn't taste infected. I could try to help you find some Marigolds if you would like." Paeon offered. Marigolds were sort of a cure-all for minor cuts and wounds. Anything more serious and Paeon may not have the right expertise for it.
27 Posts
Ooc — Peppermint
"Yeah, I guess it could be better."  Latte allowed herself another smile as Paeon laughed.  

The dog suppressed a startled squeak, trying not to flinch away from the she-wolf as a new wave of stinging pain passed through her leg with the lick.  But... at least Paeon was helping her instead of hurting her.  Paeon seemed safe, anyway.  Latte wished she could have given some warning, though.  

Marigolds?  Why does she want to pick marigolds?  "Um, sure, if you want."  Latte, having no previous medical experience and even then, limited time in the wild, had never learned of medicinal herbs and their uses.  But not wanting to be rude, Latte said nothing, however strange she considered it to randomly go flower-picking.

Loner
180 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Latte agreed but seemed hesitant. Paeon assumed that the girl must be shy, or timid given her current injury. Paeon did a quick 360 and looked for the vibrant yellow orange of a marigold but did not see one in their immediate surroundings, the fog limiting the distance at which she could see.

“I could leave you here and bring some back to you, or we can walk together. You can lean on me if you need to” she offered. Finding the flowers herself could be quicker, but the fog might make it difficult for her to find Latte again if it didn’t clear.