Hideaway Strath Only love can hurt like this [2]
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Private 

Kept it a bit short just to get the thread rolling a bit quicker, xD

The general sought out @Fury at this hour. It had been some time since the two of them spent lone moments together. 

Approaching the den they shared with a small grunt, Arashi poked his head within in search of his wife.

This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury was inside, strangely enough. 
She normally never rested much, but for once the Warqueen had eased herself into a nap.
An inquisitive chuff came from the mouth if the den,  and she stirred to see Arashi there. 

A small smile graced her features as she propped herself up on her forelegs, fiery eyes inquiring to his needs.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
As he looked further in, he noticed she'd just begun to stir. Part of him now felt guilty, but he wouldn't leave now that he'd already woke her.

Have I disturbed you, love? Though his tone rarely set aside it's cold, cross nature, he tuned it to appear as affectionate as he was able.

Slinking within, Arashi drew along her side, snout first nudging her shoulder, then trailing up from her cheek to her ear. He waited here for a moment, nibbling the ear softly while he waited for an answer.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury hummed softly as Arashi drew in alongside her, brushing his fur along hers with a question.
Have I disturbed you, love?
The Warqueen smiled ever slightly and shook her head.
"No, I was already starting to wake." She answered with a yawn.

She gave an affectionate nip to his cheek fur before her gaze met his own.
Usually, it seemed, he wouldn't come to her without a reason.
So, she wondered, what was his reason this time?
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Mmm.. His vocals rumbled, sounding a small, heavy purr. Good.

There was really no intent to his visit — none other than to be a dutiful husband and check in on the well-being of his wife. She seemed surprised that he would ever do such a thing.

You seem surprised that I have come. Do you not find ease to know I care for you? The tone darkened slightly now, suspicious and questioning. She was his warchief, but also his wife. That would come above anything else.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury heard the slight darkening of her husband's tone, saw the suspicion in his gaze.
The Warqueen felt a pang of guilt for her assumption, choosing to allow it to be shown on her face instead of her hiding it away.
"Of course I find comfort in that, I'm just used to you coming to me in a different way..." She expressed softly, figuring he would know she meant: With an agenda of some kind, be it patrol reports, etc.
There was truth in her words; She had not meant to offend her husband.

"I am sorry if I offended you." She murmured.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
His first go at a reply came simply as a low, disgruntled sigh. Arashi's cold stare bore heavily upon her. 

The man took a few moments to collect himself before preparing to speak. You are my Warchief, yes... but you are also my wife. That will come before anything else. No softness returned to his tone this time, sparing no ounce of solemnity. I will not always come to you with a report, nor to seek out an order. I will come to ensure that you are safe and doing well. That is my priority. He almost had a thought to ask what hers was, but refrained.

I will not be dishonest and suggest the assumption was not offensive. But I will ask that you not make the same mistake twice. While it may have sounded as such, these words were not meant as a threat. Arashi wanted her to understand that he was in fact serious about this marriage and would never think twice to put her title as wife above that of superior.

1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury noted the hardness of his tone, the seeming slight anger there. 
She wanted to feel some kind of guilt, and a small ping of her did, but the rest of her was unsure how to feel.
So it canceled out into icy coolness that was well-masked and masterfully hidden behind a rather honest, apologetic stare.

She loved him, she loves him...
So why did she not feel more than an ounce of guilty for offending him by questioning his intentions?

With a slow exhale, Fury nodded and offered a gentle lick to Arashi's cheek.
"I will not do so again." She promised.
The walls she built so firm and thick around herself begged to be let down, sudden and harsh.
But the fear he would leave was just as loud, if not louder.
Health (100/100)
239 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Pping @Tsunari a bit with my assumptions. 
The gesture made him stiffen. It had never happened before, but it was a valid response given the situation. 

Arashi eyed her blankly for a moment, nodding only once he felt his gaze had scorned her enough. I have spoken with Tsunari- A name they both hadn't heard in a while. She wishes to return to the shelter of the strath, but wished that I speak with you first. Any words she has regarding her disappearance, I will leave her to share with you. As you've made clear it isn't my place.

Turning to the entrance of the den, the man looked back only once to say a few final words. She will call for you when she is ready.

And with that, he bid his own farewell.