Stone Circle aðstoðarmaður
372 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
she moved through the morning mist with a pep in her step.

eyes looking eagerly for the shadowy form of her mother bear @Sanja — wondering if she may have taken the babes for a walk before a nap. or perhaps she hunted while gunnar watched over the rowdy boys.

either way, she hoped she would find her mother soon. there were many things on the young girl's mind!

i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?
note: bjarna speaks broken english at best.
icelandic will be italicized with translations on hover/click.
Raventhorpe
NPC
Trans Male -- He/Him -- Should be misgendered upon first encounter though
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethans the opposite of Bjarna language wise, mainly english with a bit of icelandic picked up from his time in the pack. so this should be interesting.

Ethan saw one of Sanjas kids, the oldest, from a different litter than her current one, out and about. He decided to approach her, as they'd never interacted before. her pelt seemed semi-doggish, like his own, though hers was much more. He found that interesting. He also knew she didn't speak much english. "Hallo." Ethan said, saying 'hello', like he'd heard Sanja say it before. With an A instead of an E. He dipped his head as well in greeting. "ég er Ethan". He said, using his broken icelandic to try and get out his name to the girl. He felt the need to assert that he was male, with his name. "Am a bróðir of Kvarsheim." he added, not sure how to say that in Icelandic.
***Signature***

Ethan is a transgender male so he appears to be a female wolf to those who do not know him. For realism all wolves should misgender him until he introduces himself.
372 Posts
Ooc —
:D

but she was stopped by another.

for a moment her features drooped, thoughtful and pensive. she supposed she could...spare a moment before she continued her search.

hallo, she dipped her head softly. help? she offered vaguely, wondering if bróðir ethan needed something.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"No." Ethan said. He didn't need help. He just wanted an introduction. Perhaps a friendly chat if they could figure out how to put their knowledge of each others languages together. "þú heitir?" (your name is?). Ethan asked. He knew she was sanja's kid but he wasn't sure of her name.
***Signature***

Ethan is a transgender male so he appears to be a female wolf to those who do not know him. For realism all wolves should misgender him until he introduces himself.
372 Posts
Ooc —
oh.

bjarna. she offered as her gaze briefly drifted away from the other wolf out towards the area around them. wondering if her mother might somehow sense her awkwardness!

talar þú íslensku?

her head tilted slightly in a doggish manner.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan knew those words. He'd been asked them by others of Kvarsheim. "lítið, aðallega enska" (little bit, mainly english). He replied. "lærði lítið í Kvarsheim" (learned little bit in Kvarsheim). He added.
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
perhaps it should have been expected, that he did not know it fluently.

and yet she did not know the limit for what he did know.

hvað gerir þú í kvarsheim? she asked with a soft tilt of her head. perhaps he was a hunter, or a scout. maybe something new entirely.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"er.. skil ekki... (I dont understand)." Ethan said dipping his head in apologies. "english?" he asked, hoping she could maybe repeat the question in his tongue. All he had picked up from her sentence was "you", and "kvarsheim". the rest he couldn't piece together.
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
ah, well that settled that then.

she tried to figure out best how to communicate with him now. a soft hum in the back of her throat.

um, she huffed softly, already frustrated with herself before she had even spoken! ethan halp kvarsheim?

she wondered if that conveyed what she meant!

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
"I hunt, and fight?" Ethan said, confused why she was asking if he would help Kvarsheim. "I be a Bróðir to Kvarsheim.." he added.
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
hunt was a word she could understand.

maybe she should have expected that everybody would be a hunter!

veiðimaður! she offered warmly. bróðir hunt — veiðimaður. it was the best way she could convey it really.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan got it. That word meant hunt. Or, hunter. He nodded. "Já, bróðir Ethan er veiðimaður, hunter. (Yes, brother Ethan is a hunter)" He said. "Hvað, erdo Bjarna? (what Bjarna do?)" Ethan asked, trying to repeat her question to him, but being unsure how to say 'do'.
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
what bjarna?

well, she had hardly figured that out for herself, but she had figured out the things she'd like to do. only she was not sure how to convey them to ethan who struggled with her language.

ah, uh. læknir. and how did she explain that to him?! ouch? bjarna halp. it felt childish in almost all regards.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan got it. "Bjarna help hurt." Ethan said. "Heal the hurt." He said to her, trying to help her understand better words for what she was describing. "það er gott" Ethan said, knowing the words in icelandic to say "that is good."
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
the hurt!

this was what they said in his tongue. bjarna help the hurt.

she nodded softly at his confirmation.

bjarna... she hummed softly. always looking for words. go? she wished to go find her mother now, as she had originally intended. she only hoped that he would not be offended.

and whispered
where does it hurt?
Raventhorpe
NPC
137 Posts
Ooc — Ryder
Ethan had not realized he was maybe holding her when she was trying to do something. "Oh, yes, Já, Bjarna farðu, go." Ethan said, getting the words out in her language, and his own in case he messed up
***Signature***

372 Posts
Ooc —
closing! :D tysm for this good thread, would love to write them more!!

she nodded, grateful and kind. it was good to meet the faces she had not formally come to known.

she would keep him in mind as a hunter.

and whispered
where does it hurt?