Redsand Canyon Blessed be the pillow, muffling sound
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The sun was setting in the distance and long shadows were cast on the canyon until it had been swallowed by them. There was still some motion in the pack, warriors traveling from one place to another to fill their duties or complete their orders. Crowfeather searched for @Silvertongue with a lump in his throat.

It was time to go, the rapid thrum of his heart told him. They had a great deal of ground to cover, and he knew that he would be slow. He did not want to waste time when they had searching to do. In the back of his mind was Germanicus, imposing and watching with piercing yellow eyes. Crowfeather did not believe he would have a chance to say goodbye.

He was not sure he wanted one.

The shadow believed he had caught her scent. His gaze lifted and he scanned the shadows for the glass blue of her gaze.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
806 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

silvertongue had come back with her report and now their time in mereo grew to a close. she packed nothing; she would not be accused of theft. besides, the idea of gathering all new things alongside crowfeather was tantalizing. he found her watching the moon lift into the sky. she turned to him and bit her lip excitedly. "estamos listo? we are ready, yes?" her tail waved with anticipation. a light breeze played upon the moonsilver of her coat as she found his gaze.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
We are, Crowfeather whispered to her. His eyes glowed gold. 

This was a large step. He did not feel that leaving Mereo, leaving Germanicus was so easy. It had been different to plan it. Taking action on it weighed heavy in his heart. He wanted to say goodbye, but he knew that nothing would come from it - nothing more than hurt and confusion. 

As Crowfeather looked at the Tablinum where he had been treated, he thought it fitting that he would leave his leg behind in the place where he had left his heart. 

Come on, let’s head to the borders. A nudge was offered to Silvertongue’s shoulder. They were off.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
806 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

she helped him, supported him. silvertongue was sure that they were watched but the pair of them were not stopped. when he slowed so would she, her glassblue eyes darting over his shoulder and around. she half-feared they might be dragged back to mereo, though the sentiment died down the further they got from the packland. at last there was a bend in the path and she urged him to a stop. "rest. rest, breathe. look. we are away. look at the stars, crowfeather."
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The dark young man did not even consider that there might be eyes upon them. He was focused on moving as quickly as he could without putting strain on his body, or that of Silvertongue’s. She was there to support him whenever he found himself unable to catch his footing. She was there to keep him from falling and Crowfeather was so grateful.

When they found a place to stop and rest for a moment, his sides heaved softly. He breathed heavily through his nose. The shadow looked tired, but he found a spark of newfound energy in his limbs. When Silvertongue urged him to look at the stars, a bright twinkling light drew his gaze. Crowfeather closed his eyes and thought of all the wolves who had gone to the heavens.

It’s beautiful… he breathed finally.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
806 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

she watched crowfeather close his eyes and hovered close, pillowing her cheek upon his shoulder for a moment. "yes. and the skies are ours now." when he was ready to stand, she meant to coax him up, her eyes glinting once more in the light. she did not want to rush him, but silvertongue was fixed upon completing their descent from the sunspire, the completion of their freedom from mereo.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A strange sense of peace settled over the dark young man. He smiled sweetly to his companion, admiring the glint of glassy blue that her eyes offered. Crowfeather still did not understand how he had been so lucky to find her, so lucky to have her there and willing to go with him. He imagined that she would have been as prized as Satsu had been, if she’d stayed behind in Akashingo.

A thought crossed his mind.

Be-Silvertongue… do you think that we could go to the mesa and see Gucci? Just… to see how he is? Do you think the Pharaoh would catch us?

Worry found its way to his features. Crowfeather looked to Silvertongue with questions upon his face. Going to Akashingo was a risk for many reasons. They could be caught by one of the Mazoi and taken to Pharaoh. Traveling to the mesa was also the opposite direction that Crowfeather intended. Still, he felt that he owed Gucci a lot. He wanted to make sure his friend was safe.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
806 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

silvertongue looked up at the sky and then back toward crowfeather. "the land around the mesa is flat. his guards will see us coming." her voice was quiet. "but i will take you there. and i will hide you. and then i will see if i can find him." for him she was willing to risk the deception of her changed name, and said as much in the proud glow of her ice-glass eyes. "just say it."
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Fear and nervousness coursed through him. Crowfeather did not wish to risk her safety. He did not know if he could make the journey on his own. Since reconnecting with her, the young man felt that he did not want to be separated from Silvertongue. She had become a rock – a steady foundation upon which he had started his recovery and growth.

Do you think he would come with us? Maybe?

This musing was made with ears splayed to the sides. Gucci was considered a Neb in the ranks of Akashingo. He was an important figure and had been treated well in his time there. The young seer did not know if it would appeal to him, to journey across unknown land toward an undiscovered location.

I will not risk you being captured if you think it is possible. I- I won't have that happen...
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
806 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador

silvertongue laughed. "i do not think he would capture me. he might, however, persuade me to prove my loyalties." she left it at that and stretched, happy to think that they would continue heading down toward the valley. "gucci is important there. i do not think he — surely pharaoh would have made him marry by now." she cleared her throat and nosed his cheek, attempting to redirect the blackwolf. "when i was traveling, i met a very nice old man named gunnar. he is from a pack called kvarsheim. he toured me through a beautiful place. and i think i have found our home, crowfeather, truly."
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Alright. Let’s… not go. I can visit some other time, maybe.

Crowfeather worried too much that things would go wrong. They always seemed to go wrong. And as Silvertongue spoke of a man who had been kind to her, the shadow’s attention was shifted. Gucci would be fine. Crowfeather would see his small friend again, one day. 

You lead the way. I will follow, Crowfeather spoke softly to her. He was eager to see what she had found. He was ready to release his heartache and find something new.
Riverclan
Sharpfang*
806 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ambassador
fading <3 ill start them a new one <3

silvertongue was relieved. but she had meant it: she would bring him. or carry a message. either way, she was glad to be leaving the mountains. she spoke little as they went, and only to encourage him or seek a smile. germanicus did not deserve him. mereo did not deserve him. silvertongue was determined to find a place where crowfeather could thrive.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The shadow would never admit it, but he was quite grateful to be leaving the mountains, too. He may have felt torn. It might have hurt him in ways he had never felt hurt before, but he knew that he could not sit and wait for something- for someone who would never want him.

The further they trekked from the canyon, the safer Crowfeather felt.