Dragoncrest Cliffs i'll make you rich
336 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
maybe somebody he hasn't threaded with in a while?

quennell did not have a word for the feeling that had drifted over him.

the need to...be beyond here. the wondering of what was outside of sapphique. he never thought he'd care about the world beyond. he had everything he needed here.

his family. the sea. food and shelter.

so why did he pace along the edge of the territory? wearing down the plants beneath his feet in a single, short streak. although soon enough he stopped.

then.

then he dared to put...one toe over the border.

it wouldn't hurt anybody, right?
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
<3

With Sobo and Mireille scouting for any signs of the eagle, Chacal found her spare time had waned. It was a sacrifice she had been willing to make, in hopes some sign of her son or the eagle might be found. Still, she wasn’t sure which she dreaded more- no news or bad news.

She spotted Quennell while she roamed the borders, lips pursed in concentration.  He looked somewhat guilty, she thought, but he was a bit too far away to tell. The fleeting glances he made over his shoulder were a telltale sign he was up to something as he strayed along the edge of their claim. 

She chuffed softly to catch his attention- not to accuse or inquire, though she did have to wonder why he was roving with such guarded steps.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
336 Posts
Ooc —
he should have expected somebody to find him soon enough.

along with all the sadness came a big alertness too. everybody seemed to have eyes upon everything nowadays. how could he think he would ever be out of view?

perhaps it was for the best that it was chacal who found him, not erzulie and rosalyn.

still he yelped a bit, startled by her arrival. then stammered an uhhh.

checkin' borders! he declared in a tone that suggested he was trying to assure himself more than her. yah, uh-uh.

then he made a big show of marking the borders where they stood.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
Her brother was jumpier than she’d expected him to be. He spluttered an explanation which made Chacal tilt her head to the side and glance past him. Faint amusement, tired though, showed a bit at the corners of her mouth. 

”Is a useful task, 
One we appreciate, tho-
Your borders…Dey seem to grow.”
A coy way, she thought, of hinting that she’d noticed that he’d begun to stray a bit wide in his path. Her look was forgiving, if nothing else. 

”If you be interested in learning to scout,
I am sure Jorunn might be de one to help you out.”
She couldn’t cure her brother of his wanderlust, after all- but she could make sure that he was at least properly educated about travel.
336 Posts
Ooc —
"Your borders…Dey seem to grow."

he decided it was definitely for the best chacal found him. he wasn't scolded for his actions, but she did inform here there was maybe a better way to go about it.

maybe jorunn would teach him how to scout? it sure was an idea.

do you t'ink dat mama and maman be sad? if i step outside sapphique?
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
728 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
His question made her pause. She knew that their mothers loved them all, and that they had seen many of their children leave, never to return. To be asked this now made her wonder if Quennell was aware of how many siblings he had who had disappeared into the wilds- and how sad it had, indeed, made Mama and Maman. 

”You ‘ave six moon now,
Grown strong so fast.
Our Mot’ers ‘ave seen ot’ers 
Wander off in de past.”
She said. 

”But I t’ink, my brother,
Dat I was your age too,
When I began to wander,
Bit by bit, just like you.”
She continued.

It was normal for young wolves- especially at his age- to be curious. But she would not be so quick to encourage full flight from a fledgling. 

”It might be best, as you begin to scout,
To ‘ave someone know you are going to be out. 
Begin small, with short trips, and leave no one guessing,
An you’ll earn your Mot’ers’ blessing.”
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.