Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
All Welcome 
He had a bite on his left shoulder from Aventus. He has tried to take care of it, it is currently scabbed over and tender to the touch, but not infected.

For days Rodyn had been walking and hunting and roving. He would spend some extra time here now. He had his otters, he had the seashell, stag furs. He would be able to do this.

He was still agitated about the Ermine, unsure how he was going to catch 8 of those himself, and would he have enough wolves around to help him. IT was these thoughts that traveled along his mind and tightened their cold boney fingers around his brain. But most of all the wound that smarted in his should he couldn't do much hunting now.

As he traveled and was lost in his mind, a scent he recognized came to him, mixed in with the musk of many foxes. He stared around him, trying to discern then he remembered the wolf that had helped him and Void. Had he properly thanked the male? And could the male help him again?

Rodyn took a few steps back from where his smell was most prominent, clearly a border was here, he tried to stay away from it at least by a few feet. More if he could figure out exactly where it lay.

He lay his bundles at his feet and called out to @Mahler. Wondering if the healer was around.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
This can be a cameo! I wanted to recycle and upgrade a lonely post.

The first thing she did upon returning from their visit to Epoch was ask Phox if Meerkat had come by. “Not yet,” he quickly reassured her, then asked her for details of the small road trip with the kids. Only after the fact did Towhee kick herself for not inviting her brother along with them.

A bit later, she moseyed forth from the palazzo after catching up with Ruenna. She thought about heading to the sparring bit but she’d spent the morning there doing drills with Killdeer. Instead, Towhee opted for the slightly less arduous task of patrolling the borders, where she could keep an eye out for any suricates along the horizon.

She didn’t find any Meerkats, though a fox popped up near the southern border and led her on a wild goose chase toward the neighboring hollow. It finally gave her the slip near the fringes and she stopped, panting. When she caught her breath, she tipped her muzzle into the breeze to read the scents here, wondering if the area was still claimed.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the man rodyn had come back. mahler's pelt had grown into the winter fur that would cover him once more. the charcoal had deepened into a rich grey, save for his muzzle which by now had mostly silvered. still the gargoyle was imposing, but it was not with aggression that he approached.
"what brings you today?" he cast his eyes over the items.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn smiled at the older male adding a tail wag. How do you fare Mahler sir? He had not met the wolf for long, but he had liked him all the same. And his knowledge of herbal remedies had been awe inspiring. Healing was not for Rodyn, he preferred to hunt, but that didn't mean he didn't understand the need for healing and find it just as fascinating as his own skills.

A question was asked in turn and Ro tried to answer there was no small way to explain his task. a few reasons.

He motioned to his shoulder. It wasn't as deep as it seemed, it was just painful to the touch and probably slightly infected, maybe not. He had tried to take care of it, had put cobwebs on it, kept it clean.

I was sent on a trader task from my leader. I am to offer my services as hunter, storyteller, newsbearer what have you to neighboring packs and the like. Learn new skills etc. However, at one of the packs despite my distance from the borders a child still called an alarm and i was set upon before it could be cleared up. I am hoping you are up for a trade. I am willing to share furs I don't need. Or hunt for you. In exchange for healing and possibly a stag hunt. one of my tasks is to get a a couple stag fur, and I am unable to do so alone.

Rodyn shuffled his paws suddenly self-conscious he had spoken way to much, and it didn't make much sense to him, but it couldn't be taken back either.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Voices would’ve caught another’s attention, though Towhee didn’t cotton on to the presence of the two men convening just a few hundred yards away and out of sight. She did catch their scents, though she didn’t read too far into them. It just meant the hollow was still inhabited. There would be no pursuing the fox any further, not that she would’ve had a very good chance of catching it anyway.

Towhee nodded to herself and then swiveled on a heel to return to the canyon.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
rodyn had a great lot of things to say. mahler stood steadfast as he continued his words, quirking his brow at the end with a briefly amused look. 
"vhy do you need all these things?" he asked, though he was rather impressed at how much the man had managed to amass. he took mental inventory; he supposed herbs for a traveler might be well-enough trade for help with a hunt that would feed his family a long while.
but he was curious, and so he waited, eyes shining.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn had spoken at length, too much and it was a bit irritating to him. Though Mahler was kind and listened. He liked that about the healer. Made him feel calmer in a sense.

Rodyn shuffled a leg. To secure my future in Moonglow. Prove that I am a good hunter, trader, that their teachings and resources are not lost on me.

Rodyn looked around, he wouldn't mind hunting whatever the man needed, and if it could give him more knowledge at something, he would appreciate it. He liked to gather knowledge.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler nodded. so it was a giving-back of sorts. "i vould not mind helping, if you vould not mind including my children in the hunt."
it was time that they learned, and with two adults close, mahler felt his brood would have a good deal of protection. a pack hunt was overdue. but he would not harry the man on that account.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A smile broke out on his face and he shook his head. Not at all. I love teaching littles to hunt. It is a nice feeling to share that. I am fine with as many as you'd like to invite.

Rodyn thought about. More wolves would make more food. How many able bodied wolves did they have. If they had three, they could take possibly two down and rodyn would not take both furs if they did so it seemed unfair.

If we have more th!n one i can also teach you to dry furs for future broods to lay upon if youd like?
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
optional!

mahler smiled broadly. "good man." he tilted his head to call for @Emmerich and @Isa.
"they are promising, the both of them. vhen they arrive, you might tell them a little of moonglow," he suggested. if his children were to be guardians, they must learn to comport themselves at the border.
139 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The call was answered by a sturdy young boy who made little time in racing across the hollow to where Mahler was.

Breathing heavily, Emmerich drew closer to the two wolves. He admired the presence of his papa with glowing yellow eyes. The stranger was intriguing, as well. The white-hooded boy stepped into view and met the gaze of the individual with a small smirk. His eyes narrowed, but his posture remained aloof. The gargoyle’s son was the embodiment of a cool teenager – it was only fitting that his figure should match.

Papa, he greeted Mahler with a nudge and a softer expression. Who is this? Eyes were back on the stranger with a curious gleam.
43 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Isa was surprised to hear her father call for her and her brother both. Her nose wrinkled in disgust to be summoned along someone so poopy as her brother, but she would answer the call because it was her Vader and she would never seek to ignore him, finding a closeness and a kinship.

She was displeased to see that her brother had beaten her to their arrival. She did not hesitate to make her way over, giving the boy a rough shove in the hopes of knocking him off balance before settling down in a sitting position next to her father, her gaze moving to him. Vader.She greeted warmly to him.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn watched as the two youths came tearing towards them. The first a smirking boy with yellow eyes. Rodyn studied him, he was sturdy, fast, he would do well to chase and run.

Following him was a younger she wolf, and at her nudge. Rodyn coughed to hide a chuckle. His sister's had often done that to him. She was also sturdy, she would do well to push and shove.

Hello. I'm Rodyn Ardeth, from Moonglow. How do you do?
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"kinder," mahler grunted softly when his little ones had come upon himself and rodyn. "he has traveled a long vay and he is offering to help us hunt in return for pelts."
was that not it?
"first, however, i need to tend your shoulder," he said to the man. "can either of you tell me vhat is good to use?" he asked of his son and daughter.
139 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Rodyn, who had traveled from far away and offered his skills to them in exchange for furs. It seemed a fair thing. The meat was the most important part, anyway. If they needed more furs, they could gather them. Emmerich hoped that his father would agree. 

At the mention of the wound, the white-hooded boy shook his head with a shrug. He wasn’t the one for that, but he knew who would be. The boy looked to Isa and crinkled his nose at her. 

Isa prolly does. She likes that stuff, he said. At least, he assumed she liked the plants. She’d talked like the kind of person who got all giddy over leaves and moss and berries. Well, maybe her experience was in something adjacent, but Emmerich expected she’d have an answer, all the same.
43 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Her father was introducing the man in front of them as a weary traveller with an injury. It was then that Isa focused in on his shoulder, noting the scabbed and healing nature of the wound though she did not smell anything funny, suggesting that there was no infection.

Emmer opened his big fat mouth and she rolled her eyes, sneering at him. “I do, because I pay attention to Vader when he teaches us these things.” She snapped out at him irritably before turning her attention to her father. “Marigold, Vader. Es wird Infektionen fernhalten. She puffed out her chest a little in order to show pride. “And Celandine… if there is any pain.”
Moontide
Alpha*
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn listened with interest as they spoke. The siblings were warring. He remembered those days. However, he was fairly certaon at least in his own experiences. That though they would fight, they'd also have each others backs.

I cleaned it and wrapped it in cobwebs when it first happened with a little Aloe. That is as far as my medicinal prowess falls.

He smiled at the two young. And kept quiet for them to speak.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler's mouth twitched. he was certainly more indulgent than before, because he might have gruffly separated them before.
the softness with old age!
"very good, isa," mahler praised, raising an eye at emmerich. "everyvone should learn such things. as i have told them," he said to the moonglow wolf, "i vas a varrior first and almost died before i learned medicine."
but his eyes were warm toward them both. "go and get my travel-bag, please," he instructed with a wink.