Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,934 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Following a brief rendezvous with Towhee at Mereo’s borders, Meerkat returned to where she’d left @Stingray, @Swordfish and @Mercy tucked safely in a clearing overlooking Arrow Falls and the lake below. She’d asked them to wait there and upon her return, informed them that their grandmother and cousins were on their way to meet them here.

Too excited to sit, Meerkat paced the area, making sure it was as ideal for a playdate as it had first appeared. So long as the adults kept the children away from the ledge on the far side—or at least supervised them if they wanted to check out the incredible views—everything should be fine. It was the perfect little spot for the family’s first meeting on neutral ground.

I’ll be posting with Towhee next but tagged parties are welcome to jump in anytime! Please let me know if I need to modify any of the assumptions made here.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She probably scared @Leona and @Jack Snipe when she appeared at the palazzo like the “here’s Johnny!” scene in The Shining. Shouting happy nonsense about their older sister, Towhee excitedly ushered them out of the former Matrona’s den with a gleeful wave to Rue. As she rushed toward the borders with pups in tow, she told one of them to send up a howl asking their dad to meet them at the canyon’s eastern rim.

When they got there, Towhee halted and took a couple of deep breaths. While they waited for the Tribunus, she tried not to pace impatiently. Meerkat and her grandchildren were waiting in a clearing near Arrow Lake. They were so close and yet so far. She couldn’t wait for all the pups to meet, just as soon as @Maxim joined them. She definitely wanted to arrive as a fully assembled party of four.

Again, let me know if I need to make any edits! And sorry about any double tags, lol.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
assuming he's 'on the way' this post so it's in my threadlog :D feel free to PP him arriving whenever pups get posting (or if towhee/meerkat post again, either is welcomed to notice him!) — regardless he'll be present next round :)

he had been on a patrol, unaware of the sudden mingling among family that was occurring. granted he had considered scooping up time with towhee, or perhaps even the children.

although truthfully he didn't wish to deprive the children of auntie rue time, or towhee a bit of peace.

until, of course, the family was on the move! a call!

he redirected his course from the outskirts of mereo towards the nearby lake. hot on their trail, but not yet there. give him a break, dad-bod had set in this year already.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
271 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All that way…

Swordfish groaned as he heard the footsteps of their mom approaching. He lifted his head to see her eager expression. The boy wanted to show that he was having a good time, but he felt like the wind had been knocked out of him. Furthermore, he didn’t think he could manage another trek to go meet anyone.

Fortune had it that Towhee would be joining them by the lake. Swordfish straightened himself up slightly, making sure that he wasn’t looking so bedraggled. He glanced toward Mercy and Ray, wondering if they were nervous or excited. He imagined Ray was excited – his brother had a good sense of adventure, he’d found.

Maybe their family in Mereo would be cool.
128 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Jack hadn’t needed an ounce of persuasion to follow his mom. She always got up to fun and he had no intention of spoiling his day. With Leona joining them, the young pup figured that they’d be set for a good outing. Nevermind that he hadn’t listened to why they were going in the first place. He was pretty thrilled to just go.

Waiting for dad was boring, sure. Jack looked at Leona before lunging toward her with a playful snap of his teeth. His tail wagged, hoping he might spark some desire to tumble. A little dirt wouldn’t ruin their first impression, not that he cared about that to begin with.

Jack Snipe yapped at Towhee, eager to keep pressing forward. His tongue lolled from the side of his mouth and he batted his eyes at her. He could go for miles more. He just didn't want to stand around anymore. 

C’mon, c’mon, we aren’t getting any younger!
Sun Mote Copse
Comrade
126 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
He was booored.

That was why he was out on that ledge that mom had told them not to go to, wondering just how close he could get to the edge. His heart pounded in his ears as he nudged his toes closer, feeling his nails leave earth and hang over the precipice.

But then Meerkat was back, announcing that grandma would be coming to them, and Ray scrambled back toward his siblings, hopeful she had not seen him. The guilty light in his eye and the uneasy slant of his grin gave away his misbehaviour no matter how he tried to hide it, but he slid down next to Fish like he'd been there the whole time. No way she'd seen him out there, right? And anyway, she couldn't really get mad at him here in front of everyone, could she? She wouldn't embarrass him like that... Would she?

He lifted his nose to point up the slope, squinting for a first look at those who were coming down, and feeling his tail tick nervously side-to-side.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
I’m skipping myself with permission, lol. Let’s keep the post order loose, shall we? I’ll just post a new ‘round’ once everyone’s had a chance to post!

Towhee’s face lit up when Maxim finally appeared, moving toward his mate and offspring at a steady clip. She gestured at him in the universal sign to hurry up, then shot a glance at the kids. They both looked as impatient and excited as she felt, particularly Jack. She grinned broadly at them and began hustling toward the place where she knew Meerkat and her kids were waiting.

The instant they arrived at the rendezvous point, her orange gaze zeroed in on the three small strangers beside her grown daughter. Towhee had no memory of Fox, though she thought Vixen’s name absolutely suited her. One of the boys looked a lot like his mother with the saturation dialed up, his cobalt eyes quite striking. Meerkat’s other son looked a bit more like a proper Redhawk, only a bit muted.

Hey guys, I’m your Grandma Towhee! she said a bit too loudly. This is my mate, Maxim, and our kids, Leona and Jack Snipe.

She shooed her kids in the direction of her grandkids, then began making her way over to Meerkat, sparing a glance to invite Maxim along. The three adults could talk among themselves while keeping an eye on the quintet of pups as they hopefully played together.

It surprised her when she found Leo pressing close, mingling between herself and Maxim. Her youngest daughter was usually so outgoing and she’d seemed excited for this just moments ago. Towhee threw her a questioning look but didn’t say anything. Perhaps Leo just had the “whelmies,” being in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. Towhee wouldn’t say anything and just hope Leona would eventually ease into socializing with the other pups.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,934 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
If Meerkat had noticed Ray’s mischief, she didn’t have time to say anything before Towhee arrived with mate and kids—her younger brother and sister—in tow. She smiled more broadly than she had in recent memory, glancing at her own sons and daughter to gauge their reaction to their younger relatives.

And this is Swordfish, Stingray and Vixen, though they mostly go by Fish, Ray and Mercy, Meerkat rejoined Towhee’s introductions. And I’m Meerkat. It’s nice to meet you, she added for Maxim’s benefit particularly, swallowing a laugh when Towhee failed to introduce the two of them properly.

It also amused her to note he didn’t look any older than Meerkat herself. Go mom, she thought, swallowing the faint taste of bitterness in the back of her mouth. It was definitely unexpected for Towhee to get her happily ever after when Meerkat was left so bereft, though she was truly happy for her mom.

Where’s dad? she wondered as Towhee settled down beside her, shadowed by a little Leo. Hiya, Leo, I’m your big sister, she added for the girl’s benefit, offering a little wave.

Then Mercy abruptly stomped over to inform her mother, “I’m tired and my feet hurt. And I don’t wanna play with stinky boys!” She promptly slumped at Meerkat’s feet, though she glanced over at the other little girl, curious despite herself.

-This one’s as spicy as she looks,- Meerkat signed with a chuckle, saying aloud, Mercy, it’s fine if you want to sit here with us, but where are your manners? Say ‘hi’ to your grandmother, Maxim and Leo.

“Hiiiii…” Mercy huffed.
271 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Swordfish… is fine, the young boy corrected. His face scrunched slightly. Blue eyes shifted from their company toward Stingray. He didn’t know why but he didn’t feel like extending his nickname to anyone but his closest family members. After all, they didn’t even really know these wolves. Mom said they were all related… Swordfish felt out of place and confused, though. 

There were other kids there. 

Swordfish didn’t know what was expected of him or his siblings. They had walked all that way just to meet these wolves and what? Talk? A small sigh was huffed through his nose. Perhaps he was feeling tired. He didn’t feel like being social, though. Swordfish wanted to find a quiet place on the cliffs and nap until the sun came up in the morning. 

Hi… he offered in a dismal tone to his grandmother. Didn’t want to disappoint mom.
483 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
maxim found himself suddenly overwhelmed for the next spring! heart overfilled at the sight of all the children. even if they all weren't bustling bundles of joy. he still found he liked seeing all of them in one place.

it is good to meet more family. his tail whipped behind him for a moment as he offered meerkat a grin. maxim found himself too happy to offer a social shield for leo as well, content to keep her near a foreleg and watching where her own gaze went.

i hope the journey was not too hard with your bunch?

he was not blind to their favorable closeness to here from home! spoiled unlike the traveling coastal redhawks.

learing ptero from towhee. words that are signed will be portrayed -like this-
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,967 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Since I know everyone’s been busy and this is out of date, I figured I’d do everybody a favor and wrap it so we can all have fresh thread logs for November! ;)

(If anyone wants to tack on a post, please just shoot me a PM and I’ll revive it!)

Leona wasn’t the only one hanging back from social hour. Meerkat’s trio didn’t seem particularly keen on this rendezvous, either. Towhee smiled in amusement when Swordfish corrected his mother, then huffed a laugh when Mercy forced out a greeting only after some prodding.

Hopefully everyone warms up after we break the ice a bit, she commented to her fellow adults. If not… we tried, she added with a chuckle, shrugging. At least now they can say they all met one another.

Towhee sent up a quick howl to invite @Phox to join them and spent several minutes catching up with Meerkat, making an effort to include Maxim in the exchange as well. Sometime after her brother arrived, Towhee hoped to pull Meerkat aside for a private heart-to-heart.

But this gathering was about getting all the kids to mingle! Towhee knew inviting them to play a game together was a good way to engage everybody. She would start by declaring herself “it” in a game of tag, then see where things went from there.