Hoshor Plains I drink to the last friggin' drop.
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
Being a little vague about his condition, but assuming he's been helped a little by Sacrarium by now.

Whatever the healers on the rise did, Reyes felt he could travel a little bit longer from that point on. He roamed away from their claim and down in to the valley until he was surrounded on all sides by tall yellow grass, far as he could see. The swelling of his one eye, which until recently had been pretty swollen with infection, had gotten moderately better as well.

There was still a long way to go before Reyes was home; but he was empowered by his new-found strength, and the image of his daughter constantly popping in to his mind. He let the anger at his situation keep him from sleeping much, and took the initiative to push his body further each day; thus, when he finally chose to rest for another night, he had almost cleared the plains entirely.
112 Posts
Ooc — Bees
sun had gone light was along skyrim red like blood in harefur

greyhound froze looking at wolfbeast dark shape on leaffall grass

( neck did not remembered teeth remember struggle nor escape escape )

fresh hare hung limp from mouth

words of rodyn funny silly silly came to mind

words of dreven true true came too

heshe cautious approached tail low wagging with effort

shehe stopped near but away and raised head so hare dangled obvious

a small, questioning whine.

trade?
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He did not recognize the stilt-legged thing as friend or prey, at first. Reyes wasn't entirely sure what he looked at: a deer? No, it had no horns and this was the time of the rut, so either it was a sickly doe or a badly timed stag who'd lost his crown.

A rabbit hung from sharp teeth. That made him do a double-take, and then he scoffed. A wolf, then. Some sickly stilted thing. Aye, whatchyou got there?

Why not just eat it? Reyes would've taken it from him if possible, but he wasn't ready to jolt himself in to a run just yet. He saw the wagging of a tail and slowed his crawl to a halt. I could use a bite.
112 Posts
Ooc — Bees
flash of confidence lifted head briefly

then it lowered to place hare dark furred bloodynecked down onto grass

shehe scuttled backwards clumsy to give space

slid uncertainly insecure into playbow

head tilted to one side in question

eat?
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Fer me? My lucky day, he murmured, and advanced to where the rabbit was sitting in the grass. Ripped and bloodied, but neatly placed.

He moved to stand over it and licked his lips, then with a lean, reached for it and winced - but grabbed it, tore it; swallowed some without chewing. Pulled it apart like it was made of cotton candy.

He didn't eat all of it, though. A momentary act of charity in reverse, or something. Hey, he called to the weird wolf - c'mere, eat this. I've been on the road too long, right, an' my stomach ain't gonna hold it all.

A little white lie; but he withdrew, leaving the rest for the... He really needed a better name for this thing than tall wolf cryptid thing.
112 Posts
Ooc — Bees
hindlegs dropped down so greyhoud laid watching wolfbeast eat

tongue lolled out panting excitedly now tail wagging naturally

another good wolfbeast?!?

but mouth shut ears perked up when wolfbeast spoke inviting to share meal

greyhound was unsure looking around in thickened dark as if another was spoken to instead of heshe

looked back at wolfbeast with mouth curved down uncertain uncertain

shook head fiercely

"trade." said quick quick in one breath "notgift. trade."

nose pointed at half-eaten harebonemush

"igivethis. you- yougiveback. else. anotherthing."
Ghost
backwater peon
627 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The thing wanted to trade?

What the hell could Reyes offer in exchange? He wasn't about to agree or disagree right off the bat; the food was there, offered up. The wolf-deer-thing was spindly and maybe fast, but not strong. Even injured as he was, Reyes thought he could handle a bit of a fight if that's what it came down to.

He shrugged and set about eating the rest. When it was gone, and he licked the juices from his chin, he stared down the deer-dog and said, Okay, what'dya want then? I'm not exactly able to hunt well right now, ysee that?

Reyes thought his injuries were pretty obvious (and extensive).
112 Posts
Ooc — Bees
"dunno." said quickquick. it was true.

"mmmmmmmmmmmmm." long sound as long face pondered.

"iknow!" hunteress leapt onto hisher feet. "whenwheny-youcomeagainia-askyouforreturn!"

shehe smiled in way closest to self-satisfied and cleverfeeling. 

"idebtyou!"