Lion Head Mesa Medjay
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Joining 
It was already colder.

Bayek sniffed at the edge of the mesa. His shrewd stare picked out landmarks at a distance, but he was wise enough not to tread so close to their clear markings. The man thought it was impressive. It was nothing like his homeland, that was certain. Where he had been raised on sand and brush, endless skies of blue and darkest nights, this mesa was rising stone and glimmering oases.

A fitting palace for a Pharaoh, if there ever was one.

The Medjay called for a meeting upon the border. Amethyst eyes were watchful, waiting.
328 Posts
Ooc —
she would not surprised if @Ramesses was tending to the matters regarding his...daughter. although nor would she be surprised if he showed up along the borders!

regardless, she moved with the raven woman mazoi nearby. another fellahin or two nearby.

there was a man upon their borders. athletic and scarred. amethyst eyes had her wonder over tavina for a moment or two.

welcome to akashingo, she welcomed and now she tilted her chin up. appraising, stating her place here.

she waited his next words.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was a woman who answered his call. She did not travel alone, in fact. There were a few who accompanied her to the edge of their home. The Medjay, though stiff, was respectful in his posture. His dark chestnut tail was tucked lightly between his legs, unwavering in its position. The length of his ears stood at a point. The man’s snout was pointed downward, and the amethyst of his eyes fixed to her chest.

Greetings, his deep voice sounded, no louder than it needed to be.

I am Bayek of Siwa, Medjay to my people. This is your claim?

Bayek’s eyes shifted to the mesa, brushing past the Fellahin that accompanied the woman. They were not his concern. It was clear from her posture that she held some command.
328 Posts
Ooc —
he was a respectable man this far.

her eyes glimmered with the delight of his formalities, of his questions. i am the queen alongside the pharaoh. their land.

the thought of him pressed against her mind.

what has brought you to the mesa, bayek of siwa?
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The woman who had greeted him spoke of the Pharaoh. The Medjay understood that he had come to the right place – the place that had been spoken of by the wolves of the sand. Bayek was pleased that his long journey would come to an end.

Queen, the brown figure dipped his head in a show of respect.

Why he had arrived at the steps of their home was a complicated subject. The stern figure did not want to reveal much of his plans. He hunted very specific individuals and he had only heard whispers that they may have found a place among the Pharaoh’s ranks. It would not do them any good to dig up such gossip.

Are you accepting fighters in your ranks? I have come to serve.

Simplicity would serve him best.
328 Posts
Ooc —
i believe we have room for such.

her eyes glittered with a humorous warmth. delighted to see another mazoi come to them. the palace could always use more.

you will join us as mazoi. scouts, hunters, warriors will join you in such a title.

she motioned for the man to follow her now.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It did not take the Queen long to accept him. The man dared only a glance, swift enough to catch the humor in her gaze before he settled his sights on her paws.

The Queen said that he would join their ranks as Mazoi. She listed the skills of others who would serve in this role with him – scouts, hunters, warriors. Bayek thought it curious that they would all serve as one. He wondered if they would ask for him to serve as a scout and hunter, as well.

All Mazoi perform the same tasks, my Queen?

He followed her.
328 Posts
Ooc —
mazoi can specialize.

this informed with a soft wave of her tail, warm smile.

it is the starting rank for those of the more physical tasks. are you a man of ambition, bayek?

she hoped to invite truth from him with her warmth like the red sands. it was always so much easier when others listened and obeyed.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The Mazoi were the base level for those who favored physical work. They could expand and specialize, she informed him. The earthy wolf nodded his head in understanding.

The queen asked if he was a man of great ambition. The woman’s gaze was warm on him. There was a skill with words in her. Bayek could only imagine what the Pharaoh would be like. Surely, he was a man of great power, to have a queen so poised and sharp. She would expect an answer to her question.

I am a man of purpose, my Queen.

Bayek bowed his head, ears splayed dutifully.
328 Posts
Ooc —
fade and they can get something new going soon? :D

a man of purpose.

he would find such here, she was certain of it. for there would be no other options!

then akashingo welcomes you, mazoi. her time among him was limited for now. other duties must be tended to, but he would not be sent off alone! a guide would show him around so he may learn where best to be.
Akashingo
NPC
74 Posts
Ooc — Teo
I would love that! ^^

And that was all that was required of him, for the time being.

Bayek bowed his head in respect until the woman had disappeared from his view. He lifted his eyes to the interior of Akashingo, interest budding in the amethyst depths. The mesa was promising, with fresh eyes on it. Time could sway opinions easily enough.

The earthy figure began to familiarize himself with the pathways. His head remained low, and his legs were hurried.