Lion Head Mesa Strange news flies up and down
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
All Welcome 
Composed now, as it had been a few days since she had last seen @Gucci and been so mortified by their conversation, Nazli approached where the neb kept his things; it was a spacious new room where the children also slept and played, and today Nazli waited outside the door.

She could hear neither the sounds of play or the sounds of small breaths sleeping, and upon poking her head in she saw Gucci alone, tidying the place - or decorating (or, trying to, he was leaping and twisting in odd ways). The fellahin cleared her throat and carefully placed what she had brought to the earth.

A collection of freshly cleaned bones, one each for the children, and a bundle of fresh game bird; collected together by fronds and bowed with reeds, as to look like a gift.

Neb, I... I came to apologize, and to bring these for you and yours. She placed the collection carefully upon a nearby shelf of stone, which might've been for laying by one of the children, but was low enough that Gucci might reach it.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
I chose this one because it made the most sense giving their timelines. But I can make a fresh one if you wish :)

Reyson had continued past the quarters and still kept his gentle pace, eyes on the surrounding area. The palace was a large thing, and full of all sorts of things, that he didn't particularly care for. The biggest was the amount of debauchery that went on. It unsettled him, greatly.

However, it was not his place and he was not meant to question. He was a soldier, a body to fill a need. To fight and die and make room for the next soldier in line. He was much like the servants in a way, with nothing to say or do or mean against his leaders.

He came across the pretty youngling from before, the one have afraid of him, and his heart twinged a little, simply because he didn't like to be feared. At least not in this aspect.

Hello Miss. Nazli. he spoke softly, eyes forward, he gently averted them and kept his gaze from her own. His tail swaying softly behind him. He had heard her speaking, but of whom she spoke with he wasn't certain.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
She was abruptly interrupted in her duty by none other than the large golden warrior, one of the visitors from Mereo. It surprised her that he was so forward - especially given that she was preoccupied with trying to make up with Gucci, but, perhaps he was not aware of the much smaller neb.

For a moment Nazli was torn between the two situations. It felt rude to leave Gucci without more of an explanation or, well, something, but it was also rude to ignore the guest to their palace. With a sigh she gave Gucci a quick bow and an apologetic look, then stepped from the doorway and gave Reyson her full attention.

Hello, sir, she bowed lightly to him, and saw that his own attention was drawn away from her. It gave her a strange feeling; she did not experience subservience from others, ever. She did not know how to respond to it. Master Ebonywood, she murmurs and steps towards him, to try and garner his full attention, and smiles. Are you -- are you enjoying your stay, so far? Is there anything I can fetch for you this time?

She let her tail sway in a friendly manner, and hoped to be well recieved this time.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He saw her bow and he quickly realized he had interrupted something. And now he felt like an absolutely heel for doing so. It had been an unkindness. Though at a glance he saw no one, the small beast completely out of his line of vision.

Reyson saw her bow and he shook his head. You needn't bow to me. I am a soldier, and do not belong to Akashingo, unless you must.

At her Master Ebonywood He lifted his head and eyes landed on her in surprise. It wasn't entirely unpleasant, but nor was it pleasant. He didn't like it. He was no one's master, though they had strange ways here in this place.

I do not wish to keep you from your duties if you have something or someone to attend too. He motioned towards the door. He would not keep her if she was busy.

I don't need anything really. Unless I will take that quiet place now if you don't mind, but not a room preferably something outside.

He did not like being enclosed in stone and walls.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
She reminded him vaguely of Glaukos, who also had a problem with the containment of the palace; having been to Mereo once before, Nazli understood to some degree the freedom that the visitors gave up by being here. She nodded. Of course, I can find you such a place.

The girl knew she could return here and finish her business with Gucci another time. There was the chance her gift was well-received as it was, and would require no further explanation; but she would check again later.

As she moved to lead the man away, she cast a little look to the waiting Neb and bashfully looked away again. The path would not be a long one - she would take Reyson along one of the service corridors and out to spacious view, one which led down to the plains below.

Ahh, she emphasized with a sigh, breathing in the open air. I use this path when I am tasked with the rare hunt. I hope it is a view you like. The wind coursed up to greet them, tussling her furs as she looked back to him.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson did not know the wolf Glaukos, he knew of him. Were she to mention him, the beast would have looked at her with surprise and blankness.

Thank you. He replied at her answer.

Reyson saw her glance towards the doorway again, but what was there or more so whom he still couldn't see. He hoped whatever it was that she had needed to speak with him about hadn't been anything sour, and that it would be able to be revisited at another time without his intrusion.

Wind blew across his golden fur and he smiled, and closed his eyes. This will do nicely thank you.

Reyson slid out around her and shifted to his haunches to look down over and around, but he did so in a way that he could keep an eye on what was behind her. In case anyone came upon her that she couldn't see.

Would you stay and speak with me for a time, Miss. Nazli? If you have business to attend too. I don't wish to keep you.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
It was nice outside, where the sounds of the party could drift out and be quieted; it made things feel far away, more subdued. The man was appreciative - and wished she would stay with him a while. To this Nazli blushed but she was happy to do so.

I will sit with you, she murmured, and came to a place beside him where she would sit and watch the clouds move across the sky. It felt very much like her moments with Senmut.

Is the party too loud, and too busy for you? I know Mereo is much different. I visited once, with the princess. She had kept herself in the background as much as she was able, then. Makono had wished for her to be a silent observer and to report back - and she had done so.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson's ears would twitch as noises came to him from inside the palace. Smells too danced and curled around him, though he couldn't quite get rid of the cloying scent of fermented honey, pressed with sweetness of berries. It was not pleasant to the beast.

She settled near him and he dipped a muzzle down in thanks, and then turned his eyes back to the sky and surrounding area. The wind whistling along his fur, stirring it into curls and curves, slicing along the scars that made up his hide. He could see far and wide here.

Reyson looked her over. I apologize that I didn't seek you out there to say hello and introduce myself.

He sighed, as he shifted. I prefer quietness. I suppose it comes from my way of life. I came to Mereo recently and the life i lived before this one, was not a peaceful one. So now i make it a habit to seek out peace. There are too many bodies. I cannot watch everyone and they are often at my back and sides. I do not like to be closed in by sounds and bodies.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
As he explained himself, he apologized. Nazli hurried to say he need not apologize - but he went on to speak of things he disliked, most of which were present at the party, and so she quieted. Having lived around this sort of chaos her whole life (and been a proprieter of it, more or less), she had expected everyone to be on the same page, so to speak. It was not so odd that Reyson was nervous of the noise or the people.

I understand, she answered and smiled up at the beastly man, being almost a third his size, and then turned away to watch the clouds further.

I have only lived here. The only time I have seen a world outside of this, was when I visited your home. I found it very different - and jarring, too. Perhaps for the same reasons? It was far quieter and more... controlled, in Mereo. A moment later she was blushing. Not that I did not enjoy the visit, it is a beautiful home. Only, different.

After that she fell quiet, letting herself dwell in the calm - and giving Reyson what he had asked for: peace, as far as she could give it.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The girl needn't apologize to him either. She was fine company and when he thought about what perhaps waited for her when she was older, it sickened him. he did not know exactly how things were run here, but he had a rough idea.

She was a petite thing, small and thin. He wondered if she was sickly or more prone to sickness. He could have folded her beneath him thrice. He motioned upwards.

Have you ever made pictures in the Clouds?

Reyson chuckled. it is far different there than here. Though in my opinion. We need more trees.

Reyson gave her a sideways smile, kind and a little boyish. Then turned back to the sky.

There is something to be said of laying beneath a shade tree, with wind blowing and just listening.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
Shapes in the clouds? The idea sounded silly, and out of Nazli poured a girlish laugh. She shook her head as the sound ebbed. Never. I am so rarely outside, it never occurred to me.

But she looked up now, and tried to see things.

Show me how to do this game? What do I look for?
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled along with her laugh. You should make time when you can to go outside. For peace.

He shifted and pointed upward as he spoke. It's a bit like constellations in the stars? Do you know what those are? Constellations I mean.

He moved a paw and pointed upward, a happy spark in his eyes. He had done this game with Renaud, and even Rook and Amity, more so the latter. Amity had loved the sky as a child. Reyson had not had much to do with Amity before she became his soldier, despite that she was born of him. But he could remember that.

You look for picures. For instance. Right there that one, if you look close enough see. The snout, there's an ear, another ear, it looks like a bear. Sometimes, it is one cloud on it's own, other times, more than one pushed together to make shapes. What do you see?

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, allowing the air to caress his head. He gave the girl a sideways glance with a smile on his face and waited, patient.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
The stars could be looked at this way too? Nazli was in awe; she watched as the man pointed out a bear made of cloud, and thought she saw something - but it was a struggle. She laughed again.

There, the small one breaking away. It looks like a runner! Ah, that is what I call the fast birds we have here; they rarely fly, but they are very fast. The wind had caught it! Away it went. There, see it run? it was quickly pulled apart by the winds above.

A gust caught the two wolves and rushed away, leaving Nazli buffeted and red cheeked, but she did not mind.

That one looks like lord Ramesses on his throne! A regal cloud overtook the sky, and for a moment Nazli's laughter faded.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Her laughter warmed him. And he couldn't help but join in quietly. His laughter was not boisterous or loud. Just quiet and his own. Her's however, danced and swirled and was rather quite enjoyable. He could hear the happiness in it.

He listened to her speak of the birds that flew and flitted around the area. I see it.

He was about to ask about what type of birds, when. Suddenly her laughter faded and he turned to look at her. Are you alright?

There was concern in his face and voice. She had been so happy and suddenly it was snuffed out like shadows had came and settled upon her soul. It filled him with a trepidation of the likes he didn't know, and he didn't like it. What could make such a sweet youngling so burdened.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
The moment passed, prompted by Reyson's concerning tone. Nazli smiled and shook her head, oh, nothing. I suppose my mind wandered, how rude!

She looked up to the sky again and the clouds had morphed. Makono there, rather than her divine father. Shapes around her: Khaba, Senmut; nowhere did she see herself in this.

If you'd like, I could bring you dinner out here? If he wouldn't eat inside or partake in the party favors, Nazli could at least serve as a good host in other ways.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson shook his head. i don't think it's rude to think or for your mind to wander. Mine does quite often. Though the darkness it follows is probably not near your own.

Reyson studied her. Will you eat as well?

He was not that hungry if he was honest. The honey that had found it's way into his stomach still sat there, heavy and disgusting. And perhaps it was the mere memory of it not the honey itself, but he couldn't quite shake it.

If it pleases you to do this. I will take something small, but none of that honey concoction and probably nothing sweet. It did not sit well with me. But I am fine without as well.

He looked back to the sky and for a brief moment he could see his lover's face formed in the sunshine of the clouds. And his heart hurt and felt full all at once.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
She rose, dipped her head to him, and hurried away. The corridors were louder now, more confining as she wound among them. Then, ducking through an adjacent hall, she slunk to an alcove where some things were stored.

When Nazli returned she brought a small bundle: a hare stripped of its hide and partially treated with herbs, as well as some berries, which she placed between herself and Reyson.

These berries are not fermented, and are rather tart. She explained of the blackberries, nosing at one. The meat comes from a small collection meant for the priests, and I will be sure to replace it - but it is a fine dinner, suitable for any guest.

She would wait for him to tuck in for his dinner, and only after that be willing to spare a nibble for herself; but even so, Nazli ate carefully like a bird, pecking and tearing the smallest pieces.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson watched her go in contemplative silence. She had been hiding something, but it was not his place to ask. Chances were once he left after this, she may not see him again, except when he was here for his mission later on to climb the ranks. But even then she maybe busy.

Reyson took a bite of the rabbit and stared down at in surprise. What does it have on it?

There was a different sort of tang to it, but he didn't know what it was, or even if he liked it. It was one of those meals that was so new to you, you couldn't quite decided, but he continued to eat without complaint, leaving half of everything he ate for the She wolf, even if she didn't eat it. It was polite none the less.

He took a few berries and they helped to settle his stomach from earlier. Thank you. Miss. Nazli. He sighed. For all you have done to make me feel at ease.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
The man ate carefully, with a discerning palate that Nazli found curious. He noticed the herbal blend and she was afraid he might refuse further meats, as it likely tasted different from what he was used to. He continued, though, and soon half the bird was gone; then there were the berries.

Nazli smiled and took a bit for herself. She chewed a berry and did not yet touch the meat. They are herbs and things from around the palace. The priests often take meals heavily spiced, and to be honest I have never dined with them before, so I did not know what to expect. She leaned in close to say, I am sorry for using you as a test subject! I hope it was not too strong. And another berry, crushed on the roof of her mouth and quickly swallowed.

His thanks made her smile, then falter a moment. She was glad of course that he enjoyed himself; but also, she thought of what Jawahir had told her, and how perhaps this meal could be misconstrued. It is my purpose, she said with some pride in her voice - but there was a darker edge to it too, a defensiveness, which she could not entirely avoid.

Girls and women have different roles, Gucci had implied, and Jawahir had confirmed. What role was she playing now? That of a girl, or a woman? She felt her face go warm, and quickly hid herself by dipping towards the fowl to take a few bites.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had only noticed the meats, because frankly he had never had anything cured with herbs or stuffed with herbs, and he wasn't sure how he liked it. It was different.

Reyson chuckled as she leaned over, but he didn't lean down towards her. He kept his seat. It's alright. I didn't mind being used in this aspect. Though I must admit I'm not sure how i like it. It is very different than what I eat. Is there a religious reason to the heavy spices?

There was a strange waver to her voice now and he studied her. He wondered what she was saying. If she was implying that he would want to ravage her as so many men probably did, she was a pretty girl. As she aged, she would be breathtaking, but she was also young, and wouldn't she just die if he were to tell her, he had always preferred men to women.

Not that he didn't mind women, and he had lovers of all persuasions, but the ones he fell in love with were men, or should he say the one he fell in love with had been a man. However, he was also not one to simply take a lover to do so. The females had found him for a specific purpose in his former pack. Most everyone else found him to domineering and cold.

I would hope that you have more of a purpose than to serve others. That seems unfair.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
At first she had no answer. She was struck by how he spoke so openly and with such disdain for her role, but she had to reason that he did not understand Akashingo, he was not one of them. That was alright. She fidgeted a bit and finally swallowed a piece of bird that she had been carefully chewing.

What is unfair? She wonders aloud, finally. I was not born with royal blood. I come from no line of priests, so I cannot be a hemet. I was born... there is a place within the palace that is dark and frightening, called the catacombs. She had never spoken of it to anyone except Makono before, and in that last instance she was a child, who thought it fun to explore the place.

I come from nothing, but through service I can become... Something else. Here was a moment of clarity, for had Senmut not already spoken of such a thing to her? How oblivious she was! Her face was redder, and her eyes took on a shine. It was not the right way to comport herself around a visitor and so Nazli tried to subdue herself.

I enjoy my work. Tell me - do you enjoy yours? Being a soldier, being rigid in all things? I do not know if I could do that. It sounds less.. free, to me. But they lived very different lives indeed.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He quickly realized he had possibly offended her. He hadn't meant too. He simply was not fond of bondage and slavery. It was a harsh truth though that there was more of it than others thought.

I meant no offense. It is just difficult for me to understand serving in this capacity. I am a soldier. I serve my leader, but I also have freedoms. I can come and go as I please. I am only at the beck and call of my leader. No one else.

Reyson thought on that. It is where the dead lay isn't it? The catacombs?

Reyson stiffened at her use of Rigid and grew silent, as he thought. Yes. I enjoy my work. Not all soldiers are rigid as me. I have been sullied, beaten and reformed into what you see before you. I was thrust into my role as a soldier at very young age. I took my first life as a very young wolf.

He frowned again. Perhaps you are right. I apologize. I should not have discounted your work as I did.

He shifted and looked out over the plains. Unsure now what to say or do. And a small part of him had curled up and tightened again, behind walls of bone and flesh and fur. For others to not see or hear. He didn't need to share. Perhaps the party had affected him aversely as well, he had been to glib with his tongue. To easy to speak.
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
He was quick to apologize, and Nazli knew she should do the same. She had been defensive when she need not be; but she was a child still, a girl who only recently learned of what to expect as she grew older. In a way she would be thrust in to her own role regardless of her own wants.

The man spoke of a harsh life that had started early, and in that regard they were the same. She had never hurt anyone on purpose, or been made to kill - but certainly there were things she had done that diminished her own soul, little by little.

She is quiet. Pensive. A sigh comes crawling up and out of her. I should be more courteous, so I must apologize. You do nothing wrong - as an outsider to Akashingo, I cannot expect you to understand everything about this place. Not even she understood it all. She was learning more each day, and the weight of it was beginning to wear upon her.

Our dead lay entombed elsewhere, actually. It was a grim turn in the conversation and one she hurried past. You serve your master in your way, I do in mine - we are the same, and different. I am sorry for what you have endured.

Nazli moved to carefully lean against him a moment, almost like a side-hug, and then withdrew and looked down upon the remnants of their meal. I will tend to this. Come inside when you feel ready? And if you need more of me, I can always help. You need only ask. She smiles, and tidies up the fowl so that it is easier to carry.

She does not leave immediately though, in case Reyson has more to say - or a dismissal ready for her.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson did not feel wronged by the girl. It had been him that had mispoke, against her upbringing and her job. It had been unwarranted and unkind. Though it had been the truth, at least to him. Though he knew the wolves around here, did not take the truth as his soldiers had.

There was a difference between the two and yet a sameness as well. He was unsure what to do with the knowledge.

You needn't apologize, Miss. Nazli. I enjoyed our conversation and differing opinions is sometimes how a good conversation goes.

He patted her upon the back with a paw when she gave him a hug, and then returned to his position. Quickly, and kindly. Was not untoward.

He looks over at her with a small turn up of one side of his maw. If you ever need anything. I hope you know you have a friend in Mereo. Would you like me to walk you somewhere or are you alright?
Muat-riya
Hemet

Priestess of Nwt

592 Posts
Ooc — talamasca
She takes the bundle and moves quickly to the door (hurried, in a manner that is practical rather than rushed), and laughs softly to his suggestion. Enjoy your peace and quiet, I will be alright.

Then ducking through the entryway and following the service corridor, she finds a midden for the bones and carefully tidies herself up. Smiling softly all the while, glad to have made a friend.