Lost Creek Hollow The Wind In The Canyon
-I don't stop when I'm tired. I stop when I'm done.-
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
All Welcome 
Sandulf had left the borders of Natigvik as his brother's found family had come into view. He had promised he would return, but he needed to check on something. He scented @Crowfeather upon the wind and as promised he went in search of the other wolf. He liked him, found him aggreable, wondered if this would be a good place for him, not overcasting his little brother's shadow.

As he walked and searched and learned. He found the pathways that the young Crowfeather had followed often intersecting, female by the smell of it, but he wasn't certain and he didn't really mind. He wouldn't mind meeting others as well as the crow.

It was upon such an excursion that he felt the peacefulness of a place, he had yet to traverse. The forest bright in the sunlight colors of autumn blowing in the breezes that whistled through the trees. Autumn. His father loved autumn, called all of them his autumn wolves, apparent by the colors of their pelts.  There were rivers and creeks. Rocky formations all around. It was breathtaking. 

He stopped upon the edges of the border, their scent heavy here, and though he knew it was not claimed quite yet. His dark friend had said he would and with this Sandulf simply settled to his haunches and waited. He could be patient.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The hollow was new to the shadow, still. He had tried to walk its many paths, to follow the winding water to its furthest reaches. He had work himself tired each and every day, but strength was beginning to show in his lean figure again. Crowfeather slept heavily through the night, tucked away in the dark with the sweet Silvertongue nearby. 

As he patrolled the edges of the hollow that day, the dark young man did not anticipate a familiar scent. His nose was quick to follow it, whiskers twitching as he trotted quickly through the changing leaves. Crowfeather feared that he might miss the man, that he would take too long to reach where the patient figure waited. 

But there he was! The shadow nearly swayed himself off balance with the swinging of his tail. He trotted forward and smiled warmly. Sandy looked so polite, so patient. 

Sandy! Hi! You came all the way here. Are you tired? Come in, come in, let me get you some food, he spoke eagerly. Crowfeather had not expected to have company so soon. It overjoyed him to see the stoic figure. This happiness was clear in his gaze.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
There was a newness to the area. But sandy could see where there was the beginnings of paths starting. They had chosen well.

Sandy had returned the tail wag and lifted his head in a gentle sway hello.

Hello friend. he murmured and gave a full smile.

I'm used to roving long distances so not tired no. But I wont say no to a bite to eat if you have enough to spare. I wont deplete your stores before i can fill them back.

Sandy followed the shadow with long rangy steps. 

You've found your home then? Are you ready for new numbers and recruits?
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Of course! For you, I have plenty to spare.

Crowfeather hoped that it came across teasingly. He wanted to make himself look capable, like he had earned the place where they stood. It was difficult to look like a leader, he found. All he wanted was to wave his tail until he stumbled, he was so pleased that Sandy had found them. The shadow hoped that he had left his brother on good terms. He didn’t see why the man wouldn’t, of course. Only that it must have been hard to leave his family behind… and the security of a founded clan.

I think we’re ready. This place is so… perfect. Silvertongue found it! She’s amazing. Like she pulled a picture out of my mind. We even have neighbors that way, he gestured with his nose to the north and then frowned thoughtfully. Maybe that way, he muttered before adjusting his point further east. Crowfeather hadn’t visited their neighbors yet. He hoped to meet them soon.

How is your brother?
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy smiled at him, crooked and kind. Though he followed as the other led. Ears pricked forward to listen to all he said.

Sandy heard the gentle laughter in the other's words. And found it endearing. Crowfeather was growing into his own and that was a good thing. It didn't happen often, but he had high hopes for his friend. And he had no doubt that he would succeed.

Sandy looked at everything as they walked. It's beautiful. Abundant, water and game. There's even many a plants for those who wish to heal. i'd say the two of you did wonderfully for yourselves. Good of Silvertongue. She should be proud of herself.

Again he heard the tempered affection there and he wondered at it. If there would be younglings come spring to help feed. 

Rodyn is fine. Working on his bride price. He was doing very well. Had returned with abundant furs, meat and baubles to trade and to share. I'm quite proud of him. How are you doing?
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Crowfeather beamed at Sandy’s words. Their home really was perfect. It would serve them well for as long as they might stay. The shadow did not doubt that the stars had led him there. Through all the pain, all the uncertainty, they had carried him to a beautiful home with the company of someone he cared deeply for. 

Hearing that Sandy’s brother was well filled Crowfeather with a pep in his step. There was a strong chance that they had left on good terms. The young shadow hoped to meet the leader of the Moonglow clan. If Sandy spoke highly of them, Crowfeather would not doubt that they were good and a friendship between them would bring many opportunities. 

I am tired. Learning this place has taken a lot out of me. I think I’ve started getting some muscle back, he turned to look at his side. The one leg that carried his back end had grown thicker with muscle. I caught a fish yesterday, he tacked on with a wave of his tail. It had been hard to do any hunting with three legs.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
There was an endearing smile on the face of the shadow. Sandy's tail swept up and over happily in an arc to show his contentment and pleasure. Then he returned it to half-mast against his leg.
There was a softness to Crow when he spoke of the female Silvertongue and Sandy was happy for them both.

I spoke with moonwoman Kukutux. She says she will meet you. She will have a meeting with you and share a meal. Discuss.

Sandy had made sure to ask, because Crowfeather had asked to meet her before and the dark man had remembered. He tried to remember most anything he could. It didn't always work, but he tried.

At his next words a feeling of worry drew across the man with firepaws and he twitched his ears forward, concern knitting his brows.

Well i'd say you're learning to adapt well if you can catch a fish. That's hard even for those with all legs. Proud of you Crowfeather.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
She will? Oh, that’s great news…

Crowfeather grew anxious. It was an important meeting, the one he was to have with the Moonwoman. She had proven herself to be an important figure to Sandulf, which in turn made her an important figure in the mind of the young shadow. He wanted to be sure that he was not asking too much of her. He wanted to make sure he was present.

I should travel… or we- we could invite her here? Or somewhere in the middle. A pause. I don’t know which would be best, he admitted with a crease at his brow. If Germanicus had stood there, he would have known exactly how to respond to such a request. If the Pharaoh was in the young man’s place, he would have extended an invitation immediately, promising good food and good company. He was always the sort to make gestures like that.

What do you think?
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy nudged the other male. No need to worry so much. Moonwoman is a gracious wolf. It would be better to meet her at her home.  She always likes to feed everyone.

Sandy lifted a shoulder. We needn't go right away. We can get established first. But once you meet her you can talk all the logistics. It is nice to take a gift for her. I always take food, but I am an avid hunter.

Sandy sniffed and snuffled at everything around them. Learning the ways and the land. What is your favorite place here in this territory?

Sandy turned yellow eyes towards him, and then averted his gaze. Wondering.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Crowfeather cast an appreciative glance toward the other man. He spoke with words that were calming to the nervous young wolf. Sandy seemed to have a way about himself that suggested he wasn’t troubled by much. Some part of that had found its way to the shadow. He eased, knowing that there would come time for planning to see the Moonwoman. As excited and frightened as he was, there would be opportunity to prepare.

If I go to see her… you’ll come with, right? Sandy knew the way, after all. Crowfeather selfishly wanted the security of the other man, though he would never admit it.

They walked through the clan territory, stopping at the most beautiful areas so that they could admire the hollow and all it had to offer. Sandulf wanted to know of the shadow’s favorite places. Crowfeather smiled, thinking of the cave.

Let me show you my favorite, the dark figure whispered, nudging gently to Sandy’s side. He began to trot toward the noise of the waterfall.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
There had been a time, like all wolves, especially males. That Sandy had been rash and wild. Not as wild nor as rash as some, but he had his own little rebellions. Had his own temper. Clear by the scar upon his face. Though truth be told, that fight had been deserved, and the wolf on the other side, deserved everything he was given.

Of course I will. Sandy offered a genial smile. It would be a good trip. Sandy could show him some of his favorite places on the way up. And share his family with the man too. That was the best part.

Sandy learned the small secrets of the hollow. Learned of the beautiful things it hid there. His heart lightened with each unveiled piece. He had chosen a good male to follow and they had chose a good place to thrive.

Sandy felt the nudge and then stepped into footfall with the other male, following along. Happily.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Relief came over him when he heard Sandy agree. Crowfeather immediately felt more at ease. The idea of meeting someone as special as the Moonwoman was described was overwhelming. He hoped that he would be able to make a good impression on her. Their numbers were small, he thought, but they had good hearts. Making friends with other good wolves was his intention, anyway.

Weaving through the hollow, Crowfeather kept his eyes searching for familiar marks. He had traveled to the star cave a number of times since they had arrived in the territory. It never failed to impress him. He hoped that Sandy would enjoy the view of the glittering stones inside the cave. The tripod believed that he could share a part of his culture with the man.

At the mouth of the cave, he paused and looked to his companion.

This is very special, his voice slipped reverently from his mouth.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy was eager to give his promises. Eager to help where he could. And if his presence brought the other a sense of normalcy and happiness. They he was glad to share his spirit with him. Sandy had always been an introspective thing. Quieter than his siblings, more of an observer than a doer. Though he could certain do what he needed. 

Sandy tweaked his ears forward at the breath words that left the other's lips. Special. He would do his best to admire it through Crowfeather's eyes then. Share in the good feelings that this place invoked.

He stepped into the mouth of the cave and waited for the surprise to be unveiled to him.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The cave was long. Crowfeather had walked to its heart several times since they had moved into the hollow. He found the journey to be a peaceful one. The young shadow had only been to the cavern once at night. The trips he made during the day were still important to him. He was certain that this was where he was supposed to be – they had even been blessed with a place to dream with the stars.

Once they reached the heart of the cave, Crowfeather slowed his pace. The hole in the top of the room was just large enough to allow for sunlight or moonlight to shine in and create a magically glittering spectacle of the cave. Geode-like clusters of starlight rocks.

The tripod smiled warmly. His honey gold eyes traveled to Sandulf, wondering what the man made of the spectacular room of stars.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy followed into the darkness, the cavern not so scary. It was a pleasant feeling walking with the wolf in front of him. There was no need for unnecessary words and actions. They could exist in each other's silence and be better for it. That was hard to find and Sandy liked it.

There was length to their walk, but it was spacious, and once the hit the center, a small noise of appreciation left Sandy's throat. A soft purr in the back there, more proof of the quiet man. But there was a smile there, that lit up his yellow eyes. Made his heart beat a little faster.

Well look at that. he breathed. Innit that something. He smiled larger.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A laugh slipped from his mouth.

Crowfeather was so happy that Sandy liked the cave. The shadow had considered it to be one of his greatest treasures. The first time he had seen it, he had met Faun. Though his mind had been occupied with thoughts of the Imperator in Mereo, Crowfeather had learned that good things came from the cave. It would be a way for him to reach back to his home, to his culture.

Isn’t it the most beautiful thing? he asked breathlessly.

The dark tripod walked a circle in the room, looking up at the various sparkling stones. He hoped that he might have Sandy dream with the stars, one day. It was common in his homeland. Most of his clan’s traditions had not been shared by the wolves in these new lands.

Places like this are rare, where I come from. We travel a long way to eat herbs and dream with the stars. Having on in our home is… it is special. He could think of no other way to say it. Crowfeather wondered if Sandy would think of these practices as oddities.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy's maw quirked up higher at the small trill of laughter that slipped from the dark shadow's maw. It was nice to hear him laugh. Too often it seemed that Crow was burdened by heavy things, and Sandy would have liked to help there if he could.

Sandy sniffed at the walls, eyeing the stones and the shapes and colors they took. They were glittering and bright and he liked it. He placed a paw outwards to let the shadows dance along his fire kissed feet.

I'll say it is. One of the prettiest things i've ever seen. 

And it was. Sandy had done a lot of traveling, seen a lot of pretty things. This was up there with some of his top favorites.

Sandy tilted an ear. Like dreamwalking, yea? I can't say I know much about it, but I've seen it a time or two. And the Moonglow wolves do it on occasion, though I believe they call it spirit walking.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It meant so much to Crowfeather that Sandy admired the cave, that he thought it was beautiful. It would be a sacred place for those who joined them. The dark tripod had not anticipated that he might become a teacher, but he was not afraid of that responsibility. Knowing that he might find peace at the other end of it was compelling. It meant that the effort would be worth the result – or so he hoped.

When Sandy spoke of the Moonglow wolves, he said that they did something similar. He said they called it spirit walking. Crowfeather wanted to meet them even more than before. It sounded like they had a few things in common, things he had not shared with another wolf since his arrival in the Teekon area.

It could be the same thing. You might be invited to attend, Crowfeather gestured at the center of the room with his snout. It is not uncommon for members of the clan to visit the stars. Usually, only a small number were given an invitation. The shadow had gone with his father to every visit, when he had been young.

I’m not sure if that’s something you’d care to learn… He laughed nervously.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Far as Sandy had seen, it had mostly been the women who had formed the circles and the walking, but he wasn't with them long. The men may do it as well, how was he to know. He would need to ask Rodyn or Kukutux next time, he was near one or the other.

Might be invited? he teased teh shadow with a glimmer of humor in his yellow eyes. He eyed the surrounding area, and moved closer to the middle, gentle fur brushed past the other as he looked up and up. The star rocks lighting up his yellow eyes in a strange light. It was sure pretty.

Oh i'll learn whatever you care to teach. Sandy looked back at the leader. If it makes you happy to teach it. I'll learn it.

:
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
You will… I’m sure. Almost all the warriors in my homeland got to go, at least once. I went every time. A long walk to the cave with the stars. We would dream with them and then would return the next day.

Crowfeather liked that they would not need to travel far to speak with the stars. He felt like those who had passed in his life were closer. It made him feel that he was meant to be there, destined to walk through the hollow and to claim it as his own. Knowing that he shared the company of kind wolves filled him with contentedness. Even if that feeling was only fleeting, he reveled in it.

When Sandy agreed to learn whatever the shadow would teach, Crowfeather felt his cheeks grow warm. He had wished that he might share such things with Germanicus, once. It was painful and embarrassing to think about that. The things that he had wanted to share with the silver eagle would be shared with Silvertongue, with Sandulf, and Faun.

Do you think you’ll like it here, Sandy? he asked quietly.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
Sandy scuffed the ground. I don't know if I'm that good of a warrior. Hunter sure. And I can protect my own and those i care for if I need too. But I only use violence if I must.

He gave a sideways smile. It sounds amazing.

Sandy returned his gaze to the starry rocks. A gentle smile on his maw. A noise of quite purring happiness in his throat, a hum if you will. A sound he made when happy and content.

The black and russet wolf did not know of Crowfeather's past love, and he wouldn't have judged him for it anyway. Sometimes, things didn't work out. It was just an ending so a new beginning of something else, and something more could start.

Sandy met his gaze. Gave him a soft wink. I already know I will and do.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Protecting is all it is, he said gently. Warriors were not wolves who sought battles, but those who guarded their home and their loved ones with all their strength. The Fangs of Riverclan would be the same way. Even Crowfeather would ask to learn how to protect his home. There were others living with him, now. If things got rough, he could not run away.

Sandy’s wink caught the young wolf by surprise. His eyes widened before he turned them away from the man. The strange twisting of his stomach was unwelcome. After a few moments, Crowfeather could feel it subside. Remnants of a different man, one he only had memories of.

Let’s see if we can get something to eat, Sandy, the shadow invited, trotting toward the path that would lead to the cave’s exit.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
bah he's so adorable, i squeal  <3

Sandy nodded his head. Protecting he could do, would do. His life he'd lay down if he had too. Wouldn't want to, but would if needed. Sandy thought back on the bad business with his sister's husband, and ran a paw along his face for a moment. The scar leading from his muzzle down to his ruff. 

Sandy thought perhaps he had overstepped. He hadn't meant anything by his wink, it was just something he did sometimes. But he would make sure to be more mindful of his words and his actions in the future with Crowfeather. He didn't wish to cause the man unrest or anger and lose his home and his friend.

Sure hunting or caches?
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
>w< You are the sweetest! <3 I love writing with your characters so so much.

The other man was willing and asked if they would take on hunting or if they would seek out caches to pluck from. Crowfeather felt nervousness bubble up within him. There had been a difficult task of relearning how to hunt with only three legs. He’d done well at catching fish, more than once. That was more of a waiting game than anything else.

Let’s- Let’s try to hunt. Crowfeather didn’t want for Sandy to think he was inept.

I might mess up a little bit, so you can take the lead.

Warm honey eyes sparkled at Sandy. The shadow was pleased to assist in his plan. He would play the part he was best at; the part of the shadow.
243 Posts
Ooc — Killi
d'aww. Thank you <3 .

Sandy moved to follow behind the other wolf. He didn't know how to hunt with a wolf with only three legs, but he saw no reason that it would cause an issue, if they both set a pace they could work with. 

A wrinkle in his brow and Sandy looked him over. Who cares if you mess up? Everybody learns sometime, and you just have to adjust what you already know. You'll do fine.

He gave a sharp nod of his head. Yes Crow would be fine.

Sandy met the other with his own dandelion eyes and gave a soft smile. Then moving to take the lead, his body moving with the rhythm of the earth. He shifted and felt teh ground beneath paws, hunter's body and soul moved into place, and nose went to the ground.