Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
All Welcome 
As was asked Reyson moved to find and remember the wolves around the area. On this day he headed towards the hollow. Remembering his promise to help Mahler, but it had never been asked. So with a brace of rabbits over broad shoulders he moved towards their place of existence.

The scent of many others caught him now and he stopped away from the borders. Knowing now that the male he had run with, had fully formed his pack. A small smile lifted up his muzzle.

He settled far enough away from the borders so he couldn't be considered a trespasser or intruder, and lifted his muzzle to the sky today he would simply ask after the two that were here. @Wylla and @Mahler. He did not wish to intrude, merely chat he supposed. Something anything other than the existence he was doing. Though his mind was heavy with the thought of Towhee. Though he was useless there.

Being vague as the towhee thread isn't finished yet. However, he has scour marks on his face and across the front of his shoulders from the lynx. Though probably mostly scabbed now.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
reyson was back. mahler moved confidently to intercept the man from mereo, noting the new wounds upon his pelt.
"vhat has happened?" he asked gruffly, his medic's eye looking over the slash-marks. "who attacked?"
for now the rabbits went ignored.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson was surprised at the way the man honed in upon his wounds. Then he realized he was a medic and he himself probably looked a fright. He gave a soft turn of one side of hi smaw and shook his head.

Lynx. We killed it, but not without heavy injuries. Mine are light compared to my fellow soldier Towhee. It is not good. I am useless there.

Reyson had never felt so helpless before. Even when he had been in the trenches. At least he could do some remedial help, and he had Renaud, but the wounds that had been upon Towhee.

He shuddered at them. The whiteness of her spine against the dark of her fur. It was enough to make him ill.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"it must have been desperate to hunt so close to a pack," mahler mused. this behavior was unnatural and he could not help but wonder if it marked a drop in prey through the sunspire.
his young ones were able to travel now if it came to that, but he was weary of journeys and relocation.
"tell me of this towhee's injury. i vill send you home vith more poppies, as per our trade agreement." he narrowed his eyes. "stay here."
when mahler returned, it was with his doktor's traveling-bag; he set it out, rolled it to reveal the medicines, and began to chew them for reyson's benefit.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had been too worried about Towhee and the actual fight. That he hadn't stopped to even think or realize that a lynx so close to a claim, was not natural. Not to mention he didn't know that much about them. Any animal really other than prey animals, and wolves. Naturalist was not his forte.

Reyson swallowed. It bit her brow, and then it gouged her from shoulder to hip. Her. He coughed, and spoke again. Her spine was exposed. We had to hold it in. But she lives. Though of what that means I couldn't tell you.

Reyson lashed his tail. If I had been just a hair quicker. Perhaps.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler began to work over the man. "that is very grievous indeed," the gargoyle commented. "you vere faster than you know. i understand you meant that you did not block the blow, but you held her together until she vas out of danger. that speed is more important."
he stepped back to examine his work. "many a soldier has been lost on a field because there vas no medic who could vork so sviftly."
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson smiled. My former mate was a healer. I know much because of them, though not near enough. And I hold healers in high regard, as i think you and I spoke of before.

Reyson shifted, and motioned towards the rabbits. You had asked for my help, but the call never came. So i brought rabbits for your little ones and you, and to check in. And make sure you had no needs before winter is upon us.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler nodded. "that is very thoughtful of you, reyson. many thanks." he wondered briefly if the leaders of mereo knew that their caches were not full today due to paleo.
but that was not his business.
"do you know basic field medicine?" he was willing to exchange a lesson in emergency practices.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson would grab more game on his way back. It was what he always did. He never offered without also giving back. But the male in front of him needn't know that about him.

Reyson frowned in thought, as he tried to remember the rudimentary teachings he had undergone in his former pack.

Cobwebs for blood loss, poppies for pain, yarrow if you can find it. Moss to soak up blood, but that's about all I know.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler nodded. "you also need to cool the brow and wrists immediately. fever is very quick. you can treat a vound vith great sviftness and still lose a patient to the fever." but the look in his eye told the soldier he approved.
"do you know how to make a poultice?"
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
The part about the wrists surprised the soldier. Not even Renaud who was an amazing healer, seemed to know that. So he gave a swift nod.

I had never heard of that, though it makes sense, as fevers burn. This is true. I saw many a soldier succumb after the battle and days into what we thought was healing.

I do not. Reyson sighed. Well in theory i suppose, but I have never made one no.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"crush the plants vith your molars. use two parts liquid to the mixture. use saliva if you must," mahler offered as well. "patients vith grave vounds should be kept beneath close observation for at least three days, five if necessary. this allows the healer to perhaps catch that fever before it erupts."
he sat back with a little sigh.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson listened. The thought of chewing on greens made him a little ill. He had tasted the remnants of such things on Renaud, it was usually bitter. But there was also an awe to his thoughts for healers much as always to put themselves through that to help another.

Reyson listened and gave a nod. You know your craft well.

The other sat back with a sigh, so Reyson settled to his haunches, curling his tail around golden paws.

Are you alright?
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"oh, yes," mahler chuckled. "i am ageing is all." and this did not perturb him half so much as it had in the bypass or even before. he looked at the hale soldier beside him. "you vill take this knowledge and share it?" 
it was what he desired after all, and he lifted his chin gently as he glanced away, out toward the hollow. he could teach this man such things, teach his own children. but the skill was in the practice.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson chuckled and shifted, looking down over himself. He was not a spring buck anymore either. The other was older than he, but Reyson was not far behind. I am not as old as you yet, but I know the toll of age well. My body cannot do as it used too, and healing my hurts takes longer than it once had. Someday, i won't be as quick to stop a blow.

Reyson smiled in gentle acceptance. He knew this. Knew that the path of a soldier would kill him some day, in retrospect, should have already. Then his mind went to the path of others and he wondered. Could he continue on this path.

I will share it yes, though I am no healer. I don't have the patience for it. I am. he sighed softly and closed his eyes then opened them again and stared calmly at the man before him.

I have hurt more than I have ever healed, and that is not something I can ever remove. But yes I will tell Aquene and Meadow and any healer i know. I will tell the young soldiers so that they can save themselves and others they care for. This I promise.

He gave a decisive nod of his head.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
fade? <3

mahler nodded. "your care for those around you is quite apparent."
mahler stood and shook out his ruff. "now i vonder if you vill patrol vith me a little. i vill send you home vith more flowers. come. let me show you the field."
he stepped off now, easily, looking toward reyson.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,091 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Certainly. Thank you for the thread lovely.

Reyson smiled. and stepped into line. he had no problems falling into pawstep to patrol and learn borders of a sister pack of sorts. He would carry what he could back to his pack, and he would continue to bring meat here if he could. He liked mahler. Even Wylla. Though their interactions were not always the greatest.