Ouroboros Spine speaker
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Private 
after callyope talks to tulu/kigi and (presumably) after @Kukutux talks to amalia
happy to let your thread get along as far as needed, just wanted this up <3

She felt like a grown woman somehow today.

The way she had split the warriors, the way she heard Tulukiri's words after and sought some council from Kigipigak. All while she hoped her mother tended to Amalia. She knew not what words the dark woman might speak. What it might show against the words she had been told.

But this was not for her to decide or decode.

She came with the words she had heard, the things she had seen. Prepared to discuss it with her mother.

We must speak,

She even spoke with the grace of a woman today before her mother.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
<3

it was in this grace that kukutux saw the future of moonglow. she would go to speak next with tulukiri, and finally with kigipigak.

but for now her words would be shared with callyope. a nod was given. she waited in silence for her daughter to say what had occurred.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
sorry for all dialogue

I witnessed and ended only the start of the physical, but I have spoken with both Tulukiri and Kigipigak.

Her heart vibrated in her chest. The adrenaline of today seemed to come and go in waves, but the exhaustion was all the same.

I saw Amalia expose teeth, Tulukiri reacted. Tulukiri said that Amalia disrespected her, and her life of Tartok. She said that Amalia would not stop when she told her to. She settled down onto her rear, positioned for perhaps a long conversation. Even if it was not she would rest after this. She hoped.

Kigipigak told me of Tartok. Warriors first, hunters second. That Tartok conquers villages. Tulukiri is devoted to Tartok, that might be the wedge between women. They did not start off well and it has not healed.

Breathless!

Her shoulders sunk down her back.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
all good!

she listened.

harsh words had been shared.

amalia and tulukiri had both come away hurt.

"amalia saw changes in her home before natigvik disbanded. tulukiri is a girl who must have a role." this she had ascertained alone.

her voice was pensive.

"kigipigak is our kin. but he is a man. i believe this is a task for the women of moonglow." she looked to callyope
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Had she done wrong by speaking to Kigipigak?

She did not feel so, but it seemed this would be a matter of women. Regardless of his once place or how she might gleam knowledge from him in waves.

Will you let me help?

Was she a woman of Moonglow now?

She only wished to heal whatever had occurred, soothe others in the ways she had been.

Even if her heart had been startled by the actions she had seen.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"yes."

how strange, that tulukiri should be considered a girl but callyope stand as woman after six cycles of the moon.

she herself had married the seal-boy at nine.

"i thank you for sharing words with kigipigak. i too will go to the winterhawk. but first we must decide what to do between amalia and tulukiri."

and her heart ached, for she had wished this with sialuk. callyope was not a replacement. she was her own strength and own entity. this comforted kukutux.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
They cannot work as one.

She noted softly, a falling of her features into something pensive.

Tulukiri lost family, thought it had been found again with Kigipigak. Amalia has given harsh actions and words to her from the start.

She pained for them both, deeply, but she was here as the mouth of Tulukiri. Her mother would be the mouth of Amalia.

They must be mended as one, or Moonglow will only see their blood and anger, but how?

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux was quiet.

"when amalia lived in natigvik, there was not a place for her to have a husband. to be anaa. i will find if she wishes these things. such status is important for a woman."

and the girl.

"tulukiri must be given a spirit vision. she must see that the spirits of tartok have guided her here. or she must walk upon her own path." such things were harsh, but kukutux would not have enmity inside their borders.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Amalia would be given the path of a woman, of anaa and husband. Only if she wished for it. Callyope wondered if that was the well of hurt within the green-eyed scout.

Tulukiri must have a vision.

Will Tulukiri be accompanied in these things?

Perhaps her voice conveyed her willingness to be the companion for it. But she knew not how one walked with their spirit visions, the extent of it all.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"it is not customary."

but the idea of girls journeying with the spirits was also not done by her people.

yet it was within moonglow.

she hesitated. and then she lifted her chin. 

"we will send the three of you upon this journey." she thought of the sacred plant. "i will show you how to prepare the drink. we will gather the women. and you, my daughter, you will take it with amalia and with tulukiri. you will walk with them upon the spirit plane as talker."

it was a great undertaking. her heart quickened as she spoke.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
Her eyes widened.

Her own heart paced with her mother's.

The three of them, Callyope would walk with spirits too. Talker! All of it a blood rush to her head. Her eyes watered, but it was not with sadness or fear. It was with the overwhelming understanding of the honor placed upon her crown in that moment.

Moonwoman blessed her.

I will be talker. She whispered softly. Pride hidden beneath her welling of emotion. The last few months had been so much honor and growth. First a camp, now to be trusted as talker. You need only say when.

She would learn, she would lead.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,077 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she would forgo her talk with kigipigak for now.

he must trust her to take this thing in stride.

"i will soon gather you."

but first she would give thanks and blood to sedna.

"go now, daughter." her eyes were warm.
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
closing <3

She pressed forward, a kiss to her mother.

A knowing look in her eyes as she lingered for a moment.

Then she turned and her path cut towards where Firemother lay. The silence there would be welcomed for some time.

"inuktitut" || "common"