Ouroboros Spine Tell me something I don't already know
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
All Welcome 
Hoping for @Kukutux, if you have the chance! Anyone else of Moonglow is welcome to find him also! ^^

He had left them again, but was not yet ready to break his promise. 

Inutsuk slowly made his way back to where the village rested. It was upon their borders that he collapsed. Fur distraught and skin pulled tight to the bone, the former warrior had been defeated by the cruelty of the world.

Sickness threatened to drown him, but he did his best to stay afloat, eyelids flickering... open, close... open, close. He tried time and time again to send a loud enough call for someone of the village to hear, but weak lungs were of no aid. 

Would the spirits choose to send someone, or would his body wilt upon the entrance of what had once been his home; his life?
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn followed well worn paths. Made his way to the border. Body poised to mark borders when something caught his eye.

He ran to the downed wolf, sniffing over him. Are you okay?

He loosed a howl for @Kukutux and @Callyope unsure what else to do.

Just hold on.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
she was unsure what to make of this.

inutsuk had left again and then returned. she wanted to leave him as spirit.

with her she brought herbs. but it was for @Shikoba she called now. the firsthunter would have first choice. moonglow would treat him and send him away at her word.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
220 Posts
Ooc — siv
wanted to toss in a post since she was called! ebony/kukutux has full permission to PP callyope for this thread, she's skippable in posting order :)

Bear hunter called her.

What could he need of both her and her mother? It was funny how she had returned from their trip to the taiga and now she felt...older. A woman of Moonglow.

But the sight was beyond her.

She would only stay nearby as a steadfast resource for her mother, on virtue of having been called too.

First hunter would come soon.

"inuktitut" || "common"
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
issuing apologies now for 'mrs-got-all-her-feelings-hurt' being mean

it was unusual to hear such a call from kukutux later into the evening unless something was needed to be done. and with this in mind, shikoba had left her ulaq and moved to the area where she was called.

one may think it was a dream for shikoba to finally see her latent husband with rodyn, but shikoba is filled with another feeling. something she can't quite explain. but in a way, it feels like a flurry. anger, resentment, frustration, and overall sadness. she allowed for inutsuk to return once and was fearful. but in front of the rest of the village, the family that she has sworn to protect as their sivullik. she cannot cower anymore. 

she stands tall now, brushing against the shoulders of the moon woman and callyope softly. both of them she looks to with a concerned expression but swallows the concern she has and opens her words to speak.

"he is back. but shikoba does not understand." he was meant to wait 9 days to rejoin his wife and to find his son. but nothing has followed the timeline desired by the native. nothing makes sense to her. a lash of her tail, a sour look for a moment. "do the spirits test shikoba for reason?" she does not know.

and now, shikoba steps forward. "inutsuk," her voice booms, and she does not mind the callous whip of his name against the air, "moonglow must know why you have come back again." if he was too frail, then she would feed the scraps that they have and receive her answer. she has spent enough time being hurt. she would demand answers now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
187 Posts
Ooc — Heretic
Many bodies of the village came at his plea, but the voices were drowned out... all but one: Shikoba's.

When the firsthunter, a woman that he called his wife, neared and spoke, Inutsuk slowly lifted his head. It pained him to sit upright, but he would endure the struggle. I... He began, but paused with a hard swallow. I had meant to stay, He then rasped, straining his vocals. ... but when I found I was sick, I knew I must.. must go... The words seemed like excuses, all of them. But he had meant only good by his second abandonment. Children- the village... if I were to pass the illness-.. It was then his voice broke, head falling with a thud against the ground. He no longer had the strength to hold it high. 

Now lay there, chest heaving. But all the while, his eyes remained fixed on Shikoba. There were many words... many apologies he wished for his lips to spew, but he could not bring himself to. So his eyes spoke for him. They held a plea that she would believe him; not that she would forgive him right away- Inutsuk could not ask that of her, but to believe him for the sake of love he holds in his heart for her, and hopefully the love she too holds for him.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
skip kuku until shikoba has decided!

inutsuk was sick and was weak.

she could not help but feel that this was the work of spirits.

moonglow had called to them on his behalf. but he turned his back a second time.

she would be silent, ready to offer the man medicine if sivullik decreed.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
skipping rodyn with permission! shikoba has welcomed inutsuk back to heal and explain himself <3 

she could see his tattered body, whatever illness it was kept him in a chokehold it seemed. it does little to soften her heart, but shikoba must remind herself of something. before all of this happened, this was the man she vowed to spend her days with. this was the man she wanted to call her husband, the father of her hearth. this was the man she promised to love so long as he stood beside her.

but he did not remain by her side long. he had gone, gone away without so much as a word and left her to raise mojag alone. moonglow became his father that day, not inutsuk. and despite all of these personal sins she feels, shikoba can see the pain written over his face. her frustrations are present, but shikoba is not cruel.

"then stay. in an ulaq of your own to heal. and when better, we will talk." about the repayment of his bride price, the explanation for his disappearance, and the possibility of him knowing the location of mojag. she would not bed with him for several nights, not until everything was sorted out. "but know this," a warning spills from her lips, "if inutsuk leaves again, he will never be welcomed back."

sivullik has spoken. the last chance for inutsuk to stay. any mistake would not be taken lightly, and it would be shikoba who would drive him from the borders. and if it went beyond this, it would be shikoba who would draw his blood. she looks towards the others for approval of her choice before coming down to greet rodyn and inutsuk. she would offer a shoulder if needed and do her best to not stare at her husband. she would do her best to guide them back to the resting grounds and find the old ulaq inutsuk had before they shared theirs.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"he will be lowest," moonwoman decided. she had rewarded inutsuk with a new name and a rank. he had received the favour of firsthunter and been given a son to his hearth.

now he must earn all of these things again.

for now she would exchange a look with shikoba, and proceed to move to help both of them.

later she would bring medicine for his illness.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,236 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Last post from me

Rodyn would offer his back where it was needed. Help take the sickly wolf to whatever quarters they wished to take him too. A small dose of irritation grew in his chest, when he realized 100% who this wolf was. And he made a mental note to look for Mojag sometime soon.

He couldn't imagine Mojag leaving his Anaa for this long unless it was for a very big reason.