Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
Private 
staying vague!

kukutux had not drank of the spirit plant.

she had not walked those trails. 

but she felt touched by the ceremony all the same. moonwoman traveled high into the reaches of moonglow to reach the cold altar, which would be surrounded by snow soon.

here she crouched to speak. and when she rose, kuktutux knew.

she called for @Shikoba to join her among the sacred objects.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
shikoba has not walked with the spirits before. she has seen them certainly, heard their ancient whispers through the colder nights in the desert, but never walked beside them.

she remained curious of the ceremony. the only thing she knew solidly was that tulukiri was ruffling feathers more than smoothing them here in the spine. shikoba knew that moon woman was told through the mouth of amalia, but could not always be certain that every true aspect was told.

the sivullik was pleased to hear a call for her from kukutux and was quick on her feet to respond. curiously she traveled up the path to reach the higher parts of the spine, seeing moon woman come into sight. why here of all places to speak?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"sister," she said softly and reached to touch the other's shoulder.

she has great pride for shikoba. it showed in her eyes. kukutux looked to the skies and then to her altar. "snow falls here first in moonglow," she said of the gentle flurries to come.

but that was not why she had called the firsthunter.

"you have always kept our village. even when inutsuk went away. even when mojag left us." she knew there was pain in the telling but there was strength also. "sivullik, you have brought much honor to this place. and much love. and much wisdom."

kukutux let out her breath. "i am moonwoman. aiolos is sun man. moonglow needs a star hunter. stand with us, shikoba. stand with us and help us to lead this village into the next circle of time."
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
truly it was a sight to behold. and for a moment she imagines when the first snow falls and welcomes winter to the spine. it would remind her of many things from her life, both good and bad. she would think of the hunts, of inutsuk, and the many other faces she has seen come and go within moonglow.

a breath.

now she looks towards moon woman softly. there is a pang in the chest, a tightening of the heartstrings. yet, she stands tall despite what she internally feels. and perhaps, this is what has proven her to be worthy, among the other activities of the native. and when she hears the words that moon woman offers, shikoba almost cannot believe it.

star hunter. no longer just the sivullik. it was something cosmic, something new, something ethereal. 

a look of surprise envelops her. "moon woman trusts me enough?" truly, this was something that she always strived for. not for the power or a new title, but instead proof that what she did during her time here was being noticed for its worth. it was the fact that shikoba was no longer just a nobody in this world. she would hold a title of more importance than just her name.

"it... it is an honor," she says hesitantly, "who becomes sivullik after shikoba?" a reasonable question, perhaps her own kinsman would take upon this position.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"yes. star hunter has all of my trusting." she meant it; her eyes shone with the great truth and love and respect she bore for the woman.

"sivullik chooses. you have made kigipgak secondhunter. you decide if he is fit to take your place." and her chin lifted with resolution. 

shikoba's right was to decide this before she ascended into leadership. moonwoman trusted her choice.
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
it is here shikoba reached for moon woman, her nose brushing against her shoulder and then her cheek. had she really become more than the lowly woman she came to the spine as?

now she thinks of sivullik, and shikoba truly does think of kigipigak. truly he has the most experience leading, but for a moment, shikoba thinks too far. and she thinks of rodyn.

"shikoba thinks of kigipigak, yes. but also of rodyn. what does moon woman think?" this is an honest answer. she had liked rodyn as much as she liked kigipigak. the only reason she holds worry in her heart for the winterhawk was for the fact that he was willing to leave Moonglow in the first place for tartok. 

leaving and crawling back didn't seem like something that would sit right by her.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
her gaze said she was pleased to hear of rodyn.

"he is a strong hunter. he wishes to bring bride-price for samani." perhaps this touched her opinion of him.

but kiggavik must rest and must heal.

rodyn had worked as hunter and trader for some time. 

she looked with approval toward shikoba.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
"rodyn has a good heart. samani will be pleased with him, I am sure."

the bride price; shikoba wonders if moon woman is proud to know her daughter is of age to take on a husband. for a moment, shikoba regretted the fact that she never bore a daughter to share such tender moments with. but mojag was enough to fill her heart, she just hopes that his marriage day will come after his return home.

as far as shikoba was concerned, kukutux did not disapprove of her decision. so perhaps then her choice would be solid. kigipigak would be second hunter, and rodyn would become first. perhaps this would be an honor he held, not just for the trust that Moonglow and shikoba held in him, but for the new important title he may hold as the husband of the golden girl.

"he will rest, and when ready, rodyn will take my place." she knew there was much promise to him. perhaps there would be whispers of doubt, though shikoba would be quick to silence them. she did not know the culture or significance of sivullik, but she was able to provide and perhaps that was what was needed the most. rodyn could do the same with her guidance.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux nodded. "she was a girl when he spoke of it. but now she has grown into woman. if she accepts him, i believe it will be a good thing."

and then, perhaps, her hope: to be grandmother also in the spring.

she touched shikoba's paw with her own. "when you have told to rodyn that he is to be sivullik, tell me. i will make certain it reaches all ears of moonglow."
Moonglow
Beta*
breathe fire
632 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Guardian
last post from me since this seems like a good place to end. eeee so excited for this promotion! <3333

to think of Samani becoming anaa was almost foreign to shikoba. had the children truly grown this much during the time being? she remembered speaking to the girl when she was young, whispering to her the stories hidden within the sand and sun of her past home. the speak of gods and lightning still ring within her mind.

shikoba nods her head to moon woman. another way to breathe life into the spine. she knew that Samani would be a wonderful mother, and she had high hopes for rodyn. even more so, rodyn would be able to legitimately enjoy the honors and privileges of being sivullik versus just being mates with the daughter of the matriarch.

the native takes warmth from kukutux's presence. "yes, I will speak to him. I will come to you after." 

it would be done. a legacy of trust would continue. shikoba presses her nose against the shoulder of moon woman, a sign of the deep respect and comfort she felt while in her presence. this woman was perhaps the sole reason why shikoba has found herself sometimes sleeping soundly at night versus waking up in terror.